ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 301
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Go Royals 07:54 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This team isn't going to many games now, though. Not as currently constructed. And without a huge amount of luck or the influx of $100 million in added payroll, it wasn't going to win games now.

We're talking about the difference between winning 84 and 74 or 64.

They're going to upgrade the bullpen later this year with guys like Staumont and Lovelady. They're ready or near-ready. It's reasonable to take some time for those guys to develop and to let some cheap veteran arms build/try to rebuild some value. Adding guys like Diekman, Boxberger, etc. is done with an eye towards having more veteran guys (which would conceivably improve the team) and also having some guys who can be flipped for some form of value.

A terrible bullpen matters when you're a real contender. When you're an also-ran, it is meaningless unless the difference between "pretty bad" and "really bad" really means that much to you.

My fandom is based on the Royals being as awesome as possible as often as possible. It's a challenge for them due to the market sizes and realities of baseball. I'm not and haven't been a proponent of complete tear downs and purposeful tanks.

But if it happens naturally... ok.
Sort of related to tanking - naturally or unnaturally,

Do you think there are any players, other than Mondesi, that are completely untouchable?

I kinda wonder if they'd be willing to trade a Keller, Merrifield, Soler, Junis, etc. if they got blown away with an offer.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:20 AM 04-04-2019
Can we please drop the concept of “flipping” vets at the deadline?

It’s not real. It doesn’t happen. They have literally zero value.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:37 AM 04-04-2019
I’ll be honest: I’m fine with seeing this team lose 10-20 extra games due to a crappy bullpen.

They have better young arms on the way in the near future (Zimmer, Staumont, Lovelady among them) that should add a lot of power back in the pen.

They’re trying to rehab some vets and build some trade value. If it doesn’t work, and it costs you games, the other effect is raising your next draft pick slot.
Add Duffy to the bullpen too. He will get injured again and it will be time to move him to the bullpen.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:56 AM 04-04-2019
Btw Duda is starting at first today
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:13 AM 04-04-2019
I had no idea but Chris Ellis the pitcher they DFA probably won’t be back. The Royals have to offer him back to the Cards and they will more then likely get him back. He was the only the second pitcher who hasn’t allowed a run in the bullpen besides Zimmer but thanks Yost for DFA him you piece of shit
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:17 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He was the only the second pitcher who hasn’t allowed a run in the bullpen besides Zimmer but thanks Yost for DFA him you piece of shit
Ned doesn't DFA anyone you dolt. That Dayton's job.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:25 AM 04-04-2019
I used to love Dan Duda............when he was a 1B for the NYM's........
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:27 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Go Royals:
Sort of related to tanking - naturally or unnaturally,

Do you think there are any players, other than Mondesi, that are completely untouchable?

I kinda wonder if they'd be willing to trade a Keller, Merrifield, Soler, Junis, etc. if they got blown away with an offer.

I would say Keller and Juno’s are untouchable as goin, controlled SPs with 4+ years of control.

Merrifield, Soler, etc. would be available, For the right price. Both have plenty of cheap control left, so you wouldn’t move them for just any deal.

Soler would also likely need an AL suitor, as his defense isn’t good enough to fly for most in RF.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

We could if it didn’t actually happen anymore. Teams don’t surrender the value they once did, but trades still happen.

Here’s a recap from last year:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spo...0ftoio3a<br />

You can get some international bonus dollars (might be helpful this year considering they’re expected to splash 3-4 million on Erick Pena). Or lottery ticket arms.

Sometimes you hit the jackpot. Most times, you don’t.

Fernando Tatis was acquired for James Shields, then proceeded to blow up into an elite prospect.

But when you’re bad, it makes sense to roll the dice and see if you get lucky.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:30 AM 04-04-2019

Except it does happen. The Blue Jays keeping Elvis Luciano on their roster as a rule 5 pick completely negates your BS opinion that these trades have zero value.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 09:47 AM 04-04-2019

I didn't think the Moustakas for Brett Phillips and Jorge Lopez was too bad a deal
[Reply]
Jerok 11:00 AM 04-04-2019
I just looked up Elvis Luciano who was part of the Jon Jay trade. Well he was the first player in the majors born after 2000, and he plays on the Blue Jays bc of the Rule 5 draft. We'd rather sign shitty T. Gore and Owings who will never amount to anything than try out a lottery ticket?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:50 AM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
I just looked up Elvis Luciano who was part of the Jon Jay trade. Well he was the first player in the majors born after 2000, and he plays on the Blue Jays bc of the Rule 5 draft. We'd rather sign shitty T. Gore and Owings who will never amount to anything than try out a lottery ticket?

He was 18 years old when the Rule 5 draft happened and was at rookie ball last year. The Royals didn’t have him on the 40, so he wasn’t protected (and he was only eligible to be selected in the Rule V due to an unusual contract stipulation from his signing)

It was very surprising the Blue Jays took him and were willing to roster him all year.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:25 PM 04-04-2019
I wonder how far we'll get into the season before Mondesi finally draws a walk.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:41 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I wonder how far we'll get into the season before Mondesi finally draws a walk.

I don’t care about his raw walk total if his approach continues to be good. Haven’t seen today’s game but know he’s 0-3 with 3 Ks.

Honestly, not sure why you’re worrying about that 25 ABs into the season, when he’s carry and OPS north of 1.000.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:44 PM 04-04-2019
I don’t care about his raw walk total if his approach continues to be good. Haven’t seen today’s game but know he’s 0-3 with 3 Ks.

Honestly, not sure why you’re worrying about that 25 ABs into the season, when he’s carry and OPS north of 1.000.
Kcchiefsus is a compete moron that's why.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 301
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up