ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 301
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:53 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
All the top hitting prospects are in A ball too. The idea is hopefully they move up together, but the way it's going the pitchers are going to advance well before the hitters do

As for Singer, you have to remember he didn't pitch last year after being drafted, so these are his first minor league starts. They were probably going to give him a few starts to prove what he's doing is for real.
Cant hamstring the pitchers so that the crappy hitters can maybe catch up and earn a promotion. Bubic needs to be with these guys as well. Almost striking out 15 per 9 is insane. He's not being challenged.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:54 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Singer, Lynch and Kowar will likely all move to AA around the ASB. That’s pretty typical movement. Their spots in Wilmington will be filled by some combination of Bubic, Haake, Bowlen, etc.

Bubic’s numbers may be a bit confusing. He’s not a hard thrower but is very polished and has good deception. That combo needs to get tested at High-A before hitting AA.

Best case scenario for him is Marco Gonzales unless he finds 2-3 mph on his average fastball.
Thanks for the insight on Bubic. His SO numbers are crazy.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:37 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Cant hamstring the pitchers so that the crappy hitters can maybe catch up and earn a promotion. Bubic needs to be with these guys as well. Almost striking out 15 per 9 is insane. He's not being challenged.
Won't happen, nothing to worry about. The pitchers will likely be in AA in a couple of months like Duncan mentioned, whereas the Wilmington hitters are going to be repeating high A next year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:51 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

I think that’s some of the idea but they aren’t tied to it.

Singer, Kowar and Lynch all played on college programs that won and at high levels. That stands in a bit from chasing a title at a specific level.

If there’s anything to be deliberate with, IMO, it’s starting pitcher advancement.

Daniel Lynch has a good enough fastball and slider they could pop him into the majors right now and he’d be an effective late-inning guy. Whether he turns into the #2 starter his upside suggests is possible depends on him improving his command, consistency, and his third offering (whether curve or change).

Advancing him no more than one level in a season is a good way to support those developmental needs.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:27 PM 05-21-2019
Kris Bubic got moved up to Wilmington. Will be interesting to watch.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:31 PM 05-21-2019
My prediction 0.12 ERA. Everybody fucking sucks there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:46 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
My prediction 0.12 ERA. Everybody fucking sucks there.

It’s going to be interesting to see how the higher skill level and more advanced bats deal with his deception and command.

He doesn’t have “wow you” stuff - mostly because the fastball sits 90-91 - but he commands his pitches and can throw them all for strikes.

His motion is modeled on Kershaw’s, so it has a good deceptive factor. He really hides the ball, which probably makes the FB play up a tick or 2.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:51 PM 05-21-2019
It’s going to be interesting to see how the higher skill level and more advanced bats deal with his deception and command.

He doesn’t have “wow you” stuff - mostly because the fastball sits 90-91 - but he commands his pitches and can throw them all for strikes.

His motion is modeled on Kershaw’s, so it has a good deceptive factor. He really hides the ball, which probably makes the FB play up a tick or 2.
I pray for his lower back.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:53 PM 05-21-2019
So is Starling coming up or nah? Doesn't look like the Storm Chasers played today either, so don't know who it is. What is the corresponding move?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:26 PM 05-21-2019

Duncan said he have the next Greg Maddox. Sweet! :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:24 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So is Starling coming up or nah? Doesn't look like the Storm Chasers played today either, so don't know who it is. What is the corresponding move?

Not sure. He’s sitting because of a stiff neck according to Twitter.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:28 AM 05-22-2019
I think that’s some of the idea but they aren’t tied to it.

Singer, Kowar and Lynch all played on college programs that won and at high levels. That stands in a bit from chasing a title at a specific level.

If there’s anything to be deliberate with, IMO, it’s starting pitcher advancement.

Daniel Lynch has a good enough fastball and slider they could pop him into the majors right now and he’d be an effective late-inning guy. Whether he turns into the #2 starter his upside suggests is possible depends on him improving his command, consistency, and his third offering (whether curve or change).

Advancing him no more than one level in a season is a good way to support those developmental needs.
Look at Lynch's May compared to his April. He's been much much better. I had a big long post typed out but I lost it. His BABIP was so high in April and seems to have come down to a more realistic number this month and the numbers habe improved drastically.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:29 AM 05-22-2019
Good! You could tell he wasn't being challenged whatsoever there. Im excited to see how he does.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:49 AM 05-22-2019
It’s still early to know much from this season, but I think I know Cal Eldred sucks out loud.

The mechanical and control issues Royals pitchers display is unacceptable long-term.

Need to change direction eventually at Pc. Hopefully no later than next year.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:05 PM 05-22-2019
It’s still early to know much from this season, but I think I know Cal Eldred sucks out loud.

The mechanical and control issues Royals pitchers display is unacceptable long-term.

Need to change direction eventually at Pc. Hopefully no later than next year.
Do you know what the rationale was for us moving on from Eiland?

Pitchers saw improvement under him, some didn't, but he wasn't abysmal, which is typically how our pitching coaches are.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 301
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up