ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 791
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152552 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:02 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I don’t remember saying multiple games in one season of 600+ yards. Maybe I was dunk posting one night, but I’m gonna need you to provide a link to that.

I do remember posting what I’ve repeated, though.
I never said you said in one season.

Why do you keep changing things up?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:10 PM 02-20-2019
Collins is threatening to not sign the FT if the Giants use it on him. Gettleman may let him leave like he did Norman.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:11 PM 02-20-2019
Was listening to the AP Laboratory podcast and they discussed some interesting things.

Let’s assume that Ford is retained and Houston is gone. But, Ford is also gone after 2019 (a very likely scenario). We assume that they make an impact signing at the safety position in FA.

Do you take an edge rusher in R1 such as a Jachai Polite/Brian Burns type who could effectively step in at DE next year when Ford is gone while also selecting a CB in R2, OR do you take a CB in R1, possibly after trading up to around 20, and see what edge players are there in R2 or potentially look to address it in 2020.

I’m not sure what the 2020 EDGE class looks like but that would weigh heavily in that decision IMO. CB is a huge need right now but they may have an easier time finding cheaper, competent options in FA this year as well as R2 of the draft than they would when looking for an edge player.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:20 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Was listening to the AP Laboratory podcast and they discussed some interesting things.

Let’s assume that Ford is retained and Houston is gone. But, Ford is also gone after 2019 (a very likely scenario). We assume that they make an impact signing at the safety position in FA.

Do you take an edge rusher in R1 such as a Jachai Polite/Brian Burns type who could effectively step in at DE next year when Ford is gone while also selecting a CB in R2, OR do you take a CB in R1, possibly after trading up to around 20, and see what edge players are there in R2 or potentially look to address it in 2020.

I’m not sure what the 2020 EDGE class looks like but that would weigh heavily in that decision IMO. CB is a huge need right now but they may have an easier time finding cheaper, competent options in FA this year as well as R2 of the draft than they would when looking for an edge player.
I think you just roll with what you have this year, Speaks and Kpass I think are good enough to pair with Ford to get production. Also Jones can even give you time at end.

This secondary is so bad it needs 2 safeties and a CB. I'd just focus on the DL next year. I do think Speaks will be productive as an end though.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:26 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
:-)

He's getting $4M per year over the franchise tag amount!
We gave Berry 13m per. Do you really think the best safety in football isn’t going to command 15m per 3 years later?

Give up on this dream, it isnt happening.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:26 PM 02-20-2019
What happens when Ford goes down?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:26 PM 02-20-2019
She cums
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:28 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
We gave Berry 13m per. Do you really think the best safety in football isn’t going to command 15m per 3 years later?
Collins isn’t the best safety in football. He’s very good, but not on the level that Berry was when he got that contract.

$10-$12M per year is a more reasonable expectation for a guy who doesn’t necessarily fit into all defenses well. And this is coming from someone who’d love to see him in KC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:30 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
What happens when Ford goes down?
KPass finally gets to play. That's how Ford ended up a starter - when someone else got hurt.

Maybe KPass can finally blossom in his final season like Ford did.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:32 PM 02-20-2019
I'll reserve judgement on Kpass since he'll actually get to play his natural position.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:32 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
KPass finally gets to play. That's how Ford ended up a starter - when someone else got hurt.

Maybe KPass can finally blossom in his final season like Ford did.
This (but it won’t be his final season)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:32 PM 02-20-2019
I would rather put KPass at WDE over re-signing Ford.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:33 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This (but it won’t be his final season)
Next year will be. He's not going to blossom this year. He'll get to play just long enough that they insert him as a full-time player next year.

Like Ford.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 05:34 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Collins isn’t the best safety in football. He’s very good, but not on the level that Berry was when he got that contract.

$10-$12M per year is a more reasonable expectation for a guy who doesn’t necessarily fit into all defenses well. And this is coming from someone who’d love to see him in KC.
According to PFF he’d the best, take that for what it’s worth. Either way though 12 mil per is still more than what we can pay. The fact that we have to pay Mahomes and Hill the biggest contracts in history at their position has us stuck here. We can’t sign big name players because they’ll want lengthy contracts, the years is the issue here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:35 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
According to PFF he’d the best, take that for what it’s worth. Either way though 12 mil per is still more than what we can pay. The fact that we have to pay Mahomes and Hill the biggest contracts in history at their position has us stuck here. We can’t sign big name players because they’ll want lengthy contracts, the years is the issue here.
They could do it if they weren't so intent on paying Ford a guaranteed $15M this year.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 791
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152552 > Last »
Up