ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 153
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:44 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”

The female blacksmith was referring to the Jedi which was also acknowledged in Star Wars Rebels when the busted out an impulse lasso to offset Force Push/Pull during the Jedi's war with the Mandalorians
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:56 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
As far as I understand it, the Mandalorians are not a race.
The Jedi fought the Mandalorian civilization because they made war with everyone.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:01 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Right, casual fans like the name and baby Yoda but dont realize its not the baby Yoda from the movies.

Do we even know if he's just a member of Yoda's race, something similar or a clone?

Also, Disney is saying they know the name of Baby Yoda but withheld it for suspense purposes. I call BS. Disney had no clue Baby Yoda was going to blow up like this or they would have flooded the Christmas market with Baby Yoda merchandise.
Disney deliberately withheld the merchandising because they didn’t want to ruin the surprise and fight the Twitter Trolls before a single episode even aired.

They knew it would be a smash, which is why Season Two was Greenlit and written long before Season One even aired.

The demand for “Baby Yoda” merchandising isn’t expected to wane because it wasn’t available for Christmas 2019. It’ll be available ahead of Season 2 and will likely be in greater demand during the 2020 Christmas season.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:00 PM 12-30-2019

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:47 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Lol
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:16 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Disney deliberately withheld the merchandising because they didn’t want to ruin the surprise and fight the Twitter Trolls before a single episode even aired.

They knew it would be a smash, which is why Season Two was Greenlit and written long before Season One even aired.

The demand for “Baby Yoda” merchandising isn’t expected to wane because it wasn’t available for Christmas 2019. It’ll be available ahead of Season 2 and will likely be in greater demand during the 2020 Christmas season.
:-) thanks for the explanation. I figured there was no way Disney would miss a trick to print more money. They were just playing the long game.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:17 PM 12-30-2019
Originally Posted by RustShack:
It’s not Yoda, it’s a different person of the same race. Their race fought the Mandalorians in the past. That’s why he said “he’s my enemy?”
I took that as the jedi.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:20 PM 12-30-2019
And was that the legendary darksaber?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:18 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
And was that the legendary darksaber?
Hence, believing that Sabine Wren's clan were victims of mass genocide.

The Dark Sabre is sacred to Mandalorians
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:48 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Yea I think your right. It was interesting how they hid the baby Yoda thing in all the pre debut marketing and buildup.
[Reply]
seaofred 08:21 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I took that as the jedi.
I took it, that "Baby Yoda" had a bounty, so everyone the Mado tracks with a bounty, is his enemy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:36 AM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by seaofred:
I took it, that "Baby Yoda" had a bounty, so everyone the Mado tracks with a bounty, is his enemy.
Nah. The blacksmith was talking about how another of his race used the force in their destruction. She meant Yoda and/or Jedi.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:50 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hence, believing that Sabine Wren's clan were victims of mass genocide.

The Dark Sabre is sacred to Mandalorians
Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan Kryze, sister to the late Duchess Satine Kryze, former leader of Mandalore. Bo-Katan then united clans Eldar, Kryze, Rook and Viszla under her banner. So it's likely that Gideon wiped out pretty much everyone, not just Clan Wren.

And as far as we know, Sabine (and Ahsoka) is still out there trying to find Ezra. She might not even know what's happened to the Mandalorians.

I'm wondering if The Tribe is some obscure Mandalorian religious cult. When dealing with the Jawas he mentions that 'weapons are my religion', the Armorer calls everything she makes him these flowery names, and they never take their helmets off. I'd need to re-watch Clone Wars to be sure, but I don't remember Mandalorians on that show or on Rebels behaving like that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:23 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Sabine gave the Darksaber to Bo-Katan Kryze, sister to the late Duchess Satine Kryze, former leader of Mandalore. Bo-Katan then united clans Eldar, Kryze, Rook and Viszla under her banner. So it's likely that Gideon wiped out pretty much everyone, not just Clan Wren.

And as far as we know, Sabine (and Ahsoka) is still out there trying to find Ezra. She might not even know what's happened to the Mandalorians.

I'm wondering if The Tribe is some obscure Mandalorian religious cult. When dealing with the Jawas he mentions that 'weapons are my religion', the Armorer calls everything she makes him these flowery names, and they never take their helmets off. I'd need to re-watch Clone Wars to be sure, but I don't remember Mandalorians on that show or on Rebels behaving like that.
I wonder how the show will dictate the narrative if Baby Yoda is trained Mandalorian and Jedi. Since Anakin's light sabre called to Rey then the Dark Sabre will do the same with Baby Yoda when the time beckons
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:17 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I wonder how the show will dictate the narrative if Baby Yoda is trained Mandalorian and Jedi. Since Anakin's light sabre called to Rey then the Dark Sabre will do the same with Baby Yoda when the time beckons
none of this is happening

jon favreau isn't a hamfisted moron like JJ

baby yoda will likely remain...baby
[Reply]
Page 23 of 153
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up