ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
ShowtimeSBMVP 02:22 AM 03-26-2024

Shocking footage. Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship.

pic.twitter.com/u8xXrhICJu

— Rita Panahi (@RitaPanahi) March 26, 2024

SITUATION REPORT: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE

- At 1:28 a.m. ET, a large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

- Large parts of the bridge immediately collapsed, sending multiple vehicles into the water, including a group of construction workers.

-… pic.twitter.com/QGHPeCyQLR

— BNO News (@BNONews) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
TLO 04:32 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I haven't read the thread but my guess is the ship lost power
No it was George Soros
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:36 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by neech:
The bridge won't be rebuilt for at least a year mark my words.
Damn I kinda thought they'd have this bitch knocked out by the weekend
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:38 PM 03-26-2024
the only DC related thing I will say "Biden says the US will fully pay for the reconstruction"

No shit sherlock.

Watching more video on the news. Incredible. This could have been so much worse.
But those poor road workers. Had no idea what was coming.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:46 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Given how much money currently isn't flowing into that port, I'd be surprised if it takes more than a week to at least get a lane open. There are a **** ton of companies that will lose a **** ton of money with all those ships sitting idle.
Yep, they said the biggest hurdle is just getting the floating cranes.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:46 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
the only DC related thing I will say "Biden says the US will fully pay for the reconstruction"

No shit sherlock.

Watching more video on the news. Incredible. This could have been so much worse.
But those poor road workers. Had no idea what was coming.
Eh, infrastructure projects are often paid for by a combination of state and federal spending, so his statement isn't a foregone conclusion. He can't technically even allocate funding for something like this - that's Congress's responsibility - so I take his statement to mean, "I'm going to push Congress to allocate 100% funding for this out of the federal budget rather than expecting Maryland to pay for some of it."
[Reply]
Pablo 04:53 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Damn I kinda thought they'd have this bitch knocked out by the weekend
That bridge won't be rebuilt for at least a year and one week. Mark my words
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:00 PM 03-26-2024
Man, if there's anything positive to take from this, at least it didn't happen during rush hour, and at least they had enough time to stop traffic and prevent more loss of life.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 05:08 PM 03-26-2024
Definitely lost power
[Reply]
cdcox 05:31 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I HATED driving over that bridge. I tried to avoid it every chance I had when driving from property to property unless no other option.

We have a lot of shitty bridges in this country. Piss poor infrastructure. East Coast and Midwest have a ton of steel garbage we all drive over daily.
There is no bridge in the world that can withstand a direct impact with a fully-loaded container ship.
[Reply]
notorious 05:35 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I have to imagine that the design process will slow things down, too. I'm sure there will be endless debates about how to make it so strong that it can withstand a ship impact in the future.
It's that possible?

The amount of energy being delivered by that much tonnage is immense.
[Reply]
notorious 05:36 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Does there have to be a new bridge? How about going with a fun and retro ferry system?

We learned about this....many years ago:

via GIFER

[Reply]
New World Order 05:38 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
We learned about this....many years ago:

via GIFER

I may have to find and play this tonight lol
[Reply]
notorious 05:40 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I may have to find and play this tonight lol
Remember, lots of bullets. Leave in April.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:42 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Remember, lots of bullets. Leave in April.
And remember, amoebic dysentery is usually treated with drugs such as metronidazole and tinidazole.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:43 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Does there have to be a new bridge? How about going with a fun and retro ferry system?

It will take a lot of ferries to get 35,000 cars across each day.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up