ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3022 of 3903
« First < 2022252229222972301230183019302030213022 30233024302530263032307231223522 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:57 PM 10-09-2020
Pete is fine
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:09 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
IMO if you have a mask mandate but don't have restrictions on restaurants and bars then you aren't doing much good. You have to have everything else + masks.
Restaurants sort of depends on the lay out, spacing and airflow.

With bars, unless it is strictly table service, you are pretty much screwed.

My part of Northern California is still pretty much 100% mask wearing, so I expect someday the number crunchers should be able to shed light on the debate.

No doubt long after it matters.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 AM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Restaurants sort of depends on the lay out, spacing and airflow.

With bars, unless it is strictly table service, you are pretty much screwed.

My part of Northern California is still pretty much 100% mask wearing, so I expect someday the number crunchers should be able to shed light on the debate.

No doubt long after it matters.
But there was that hidden report in Nashville that said there were only 2 cases that came out of bars that the Mayor got caught trying to keep under wraps.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:22 PM 10-10-2020
uh.. I shouldn't be surprised though because to many people aren't wearing masks and SD.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...abd53504ba3b6e

More than 5K new COVID-19 cases in Missouri sets record

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday to more than double the previous single-day record.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said there have been a total of 144,230 confirmed cases since the outbreak started, up 5,066 cases from Friday. The previous single day high of 2,084 new cases was set on July 30, KMOV reports.

Health department spokeswoman Lisa Cox didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Associated Press seeking an explanation for the large increase. It was reported on the same day that the number of deaths increased by 27 to bring the total to 2,422.

Data from the state also shows that 1,313 people were hospitalized as of Friday, the second-most for any single day. The rise in hospitalizations is occurring largely in Missouri’s rural communities.

“People aren’t following the rules,” Jayne Dees, administrator of the health department in New Madrid County in the Bootheel region of southeast Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “They’re not social distancing. They’re not wearing masks. They’re gathering.”

Dr. Nathan Sprengel, a doctor at the SEMO Health Network clinic in New Madrid, said some patients get upset when they are urged to wear masks in the clinic.

“That tells me they’re probably not wearing one when they’re out in public,” he said.

Meanwhile, an outbreak at the jail in St. Louis County has grown to include 20 inmates and one employee, officials announced Friday night. Mass testing is underway as the facility seeks to control the spread of the virus.
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 PM 10-10-2020
Yeah the rural areas down here are getting slammed

There’s talk of shutting down elective surgeries again here because the hospital is getting pretty overwhelmed
[Reply]
TLO 07:37 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
uh.. I shouldn't be surprised though because to many people aren't wearing masks and SD.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-out...abd53504ba3b6e

More than 5K new COVID-19 cases in Missouri sets record

ST. LOUIS (AP) — Missouri reported more than 5,000 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday to more than double the previous single-day record.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said there have been a total of 144,230 confirmed cases since the outbreak started, up 5,066 cases from Friday. The previous single day high of 2,084 new cases was set on July 30, KMOV reports.

Health department spokeswoman Lisa Cox didn’t immediately respond to an email from The Associated Press seeking an explanation for the large increase. It was reported on the same day that the number of deaths increased by 27 to bring the total to 2,422.

Data from the state also shows that 1,313 people were hospitalized as of Friday, the second-most for any single day. The rise in hospitalizations is occurring largely in Missouri’s rural communities.

“People aren’t following the rules,” Jayne Dees, administrator of the health department in New Madrid County in the Bootheel region of southeast Missouri, told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “They’re not social distancing. They’re not wearing masks. They’re gathering.”

Dr. Nathan Sprengel, a doctor at the SEMO Health Network clinic in New Madrid, said some patients get upset when they are urged to wear masks in the clinic.

“That tells me they’re probably not wearing one when they’re out in public,” he said.

Meanwhile, an outbreak at the jail in St. Louis County has grown to include 20 inmates and one employee, officials announced Friday night. Mass testing is underway as the facility seeks to control the spread of the virus.
There was an error somewhere. I read about it earlier. I'll see if can find the link
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:40 PM 10-10-2020
Ya as much as "cases" are bunk, but people are stupid. Masks and distancing work to keep things somewhat normal. Some dumb people out there. Be respectful to others. Stay away close contact wise from compromised people especially. Most everyone will be fine, but there are people that should be on high alert.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:02 PM 10-10-2020
Attended a wedding today in rural MO. Ceremony was outside. About 250 ppl, no masks, no distancing, no fucks given.

My wife and I stood at the back during the ceremony and left before the reception. Shit was mind-blowing to me.

Edit: we were, LITERALLY, the only 2 ppl wearing masks. Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of communist.
[Reply]
Redbled 09:21 PM 10-10-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Attended a wedding today in rural MO. Ceremony was outside. About 250 ppl, no masks, no distancing, no ****s given.

My wife and I stood at the back during the ceremony and left before the reception. Shit was mind-blowing to me.

Edit: we were, LITERALLY, the only 2 ppl wearing masks. Everyone looked at us like we were some sort of communist.
You are the only ones with any brain power.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 PM 10-10-2020
Atleast you were outside

I had hoped cases would finally go down before we got too far along here but they’re creeping back up. Widespread infections make it all that much harder to shield those who need it the most. Very tough situation we’re rolling into here.

I really have no clue what’s gonna end up happening going forward
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:44 PM 10-10-2020
I spent the last week driving through and vacationing in Wisconsin. Mostly everyone was following the rules.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:15 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Huh? No I most certainly did not. I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen that cites this nonsense that 50k people total will die from Covid-19 in the USA. I am with great certainty predicting that more than 100,000 people die from Covid-19 in the USA. It would not surprise me if it ends up more than 200,000, at all.
:-)

Everyone thought I was crazy back in April. Its even much worse than everyone expected the death count to be.
[Reply]
chefs fan in omaha 05:43 AM 10-11-2020
I’m amazed at how many people wear masks yet no medical professionals wear them outside of work
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 10-11-2020
Hospitalizations ticking back up as cases do. Figure deaths will follow
[Reply]
petegz28 07:37 AM 10-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hospitalizations ticking back up as cases do. Figure deaths will follow
Deaths on the MO side have risen since 9/26......

KS side is fortunately seeing a downward move...

However, the Deaths to Cases Rate in KS\Mo is still pretty low and flat and has been since July.

I need to preface this though that this data is only for the KC area.
[Reply]
Page 3022 of 3903
« First < 2022252229222972301230183019302030213022 30233024302530263032307231223522 > Last »
Up