ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3024 of 3903
« First < 2024252429242974301430203021302230233024 30253026302730283034307431243524 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:46 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hospitalizations in our area are very volatile. We discharge a decent number, and a couple days later we're right back where we were.

Our hospital has basically said, " Yeah we have room for more patients, but we're running out of people to take care of them. "

Eventually creating more room for covid patients is going to take a toll on space for non covid patients as well.
Seems to be similar situation as is playing out down here.

Our new cases count is leveling nicely, so I'm hopeful we can start coming down the slope soon but we're hitting it right as we head into cold and flu season.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:39 PM 10-12-2020
Kansas labs set cycle thresholds too high, detect non-contagious virus

https://sentinelksmo.org/kansas-labs...o6q_KVuQ7qa_nM
[Reply]
petegz28 07:38 PM 10-12-2020
WHO warns against COVID-19 lockdowns due to economic damage

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-co...conomic-damage
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10-12-2020, 07:43 PM
This message has been deleted by mlyonsd. Reason: pete beat me to it.
mlyonsd 07:44 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
WHO warns against COVID-19 lockdowns due to economic damage

https://www.foxnews.com/world/who-co...conomic-damage
Ok quick draw McGraw. LOL
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Ok quick draw McGraw. LOL
I mean it isn't like millions of people have said this for 6 months but better late than never I guess.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:16 PM 10-12-2020
I mean it isn't like millions of people have said this for 6 months but better late than never I guess.
It's clear that after the initial spread and we figured out what the pandemic could actually do lockdowns became a political football instead of what is actually best for the larger public.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:20 PM 10-12-2020
There are no lockdowns anymore. Maybe for the first few months - but that's long over. What can't you do - go to bars? What else?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:24 PM 10-12-2020
I for one am stunned that shutdowns were a bonehead idea that ranks right up there with attacking Pearl Harbor as one of the dumbest things in recent history.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:45 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
There are no lockdowns anymore. Maybe for the first few months - but that's long over. What can't you do - go to bars? What else?
This was a mere week ago....

New York City Mayor Seeks to Lock Down Coronavirus Hotspots Starting Wednesday
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ting-wednesday
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:00 PM 10-12-2020
This was a mere week ago....

New York City Mayor Seeks to Lock Down Coronavirus Hotspots Starting Wednesday
https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news...ting-wednesday
Is that the best you can find? NYC had field portable field morgues last winter. They have a reason to be concerned.

If it makes you feel better this is mostly a certain sect of Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn (and some in Westchester) who refuse to follow any guidelines whatsoever.

I never get an answer on the "what can't you do?" question - just continual complaining about "lockdown" and parroting mental health talking points (which are 100% politically motivated). Nothing has been really locked down for a long time now.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 PM 10-12-2020
Is that the best you can find? NYC had field portable field morgues last winter. They have a reason to be concerned.

If it makes you feel better this is mostly a certain sect of Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn (and some in Westchester) who refuse to follow any guidelines whatsoever.

I never get an answer on the "what can't you do?" question - just continual complaining about "lockdown" and parroting mental health talking points. Nothing has been really locked down for a long time now.
You just said they don't happen anymore and now you're rationalizing them still happening

Yeah, the 14 year old kid that hung himself here from depression over all the Covid stuff was 100% political....I am sure that makes his Parents feel better

Any other blanket statements you wanna make?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:06 PM 10-12-2020
I’ve got clients of varying degrees of success and age and gender. There is no surprise to me on any of them on their views towards masks. It is not political for any of them that don’t want to wear masks. It’s more personal and a reflection of their personalities.

In general the behavioral and cognitive tendencies of the ones who don’t like the masks which existed previous to masks are that they don’t have feelings of control in most aspects of life which cause them dysfunction in many ways. They also generally view outside forces as acting against them personally as part of defending themselves from their own shortcomings.

But like most people, they want to feel in control of their lives but often find it difficult to do or see as an option. But with the masks that is something they can easily feel they are controlling within their daily lives by not doing what, in their minds, the outside forces are trying to do to them personally. So for my particular group it’s not about ignoring what’s good for others or being selfish, for them it’s about grasping something that they can finally use to take away others attempts at controlling them. Obviously this isn’t the case for everyone but I do believe this thought process of not wanting others to exert control and taking those attempts as personal occurs in a lot of people.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:07 PM 10-12-2020
You got your one reply a month Pete, I'm done.

From a psychiatrist on another forum:

Originally Posted by :
Completely anecdotal, as a psychiatrist thinking about what I’m hearing from my primarily low income (uninsured or Medicare/Medicaid) patients from a mental health standpoint ranking wise with most distressing at #1.

1) Parents trying to decide if they should send kids to school and if not suffering how to make tele-learning work with their other responsibilities.
2) Family member critically ill or dying of Covid
3) Patients living in residential care and similar facilities cut off completely from any societal interaction for 7 months.
4) Job losses
5) Patient actually has Covid themselves
6) General feeling of isolation in people who have means for internet / socially distanced activities etc

The remote schooling thing in context of potential exposure is the stuff of nightmares from a mental health standpoint, parents are mostly powerless, but feel they are failing kid in some way no matter how hard they are trying to make good decisions.
It's not like there's some magic cure out there of just "end lockdown" and everyone goes back to perfect happiness. People are dying from this thing. We're going to be struggling until the pandemic is over.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:08 PM 10-12-2020
You got your one reply a month Pete, I'm done.

From a psychiatrist on another forum:

It's not like there's some magic cure out there of just "end lockdown" and everyone goes back to perfect happiness. People are dying from this thing. We're going to be struggling until the pandemic is over.
I thought it was all 100% political??? You're all over the fucking place.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:16 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
It's clear that after the initial spread and we figured out what the pandemic could actually do lockdowns became a political football instead of what is actually best for the larger public.
To an extent. There was also an overwhelming economic element to them as well.
[Reply]
Page 3024 of 3903
« First < 2024252429242974301430203021302230233024 30253026302730283034307431243524 > Last »
Up