ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2964 of 3903
« First < 1964246428642914295429602961296229632964 29652966296729682974301430643464 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 11:01 AM 09-15-2020
How did the virus get into these nursing homes? Have they done any contact tracing?
[Reply]
eDave 11:02 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
How did the virus get into these nursing homes? Have they done any contact tracing?
For sure. We've seen this before so what gives?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:04 AM 09-15-2020
Nursing homes have high turnover in employment. Not the nurses as much as it is the orderlies and cooks. That would be my first guess.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:04 AM 09-15-2020
wife has pretty much recovered from her COVID sickness.

2 solid weeks of being sick as a dog.
first 3 days, felt like a head cold; then got tested. on day 5 got the results.
Then a good solid 5 days with a mild fever.
Then, puking for a solid 4 days; nothing coming up, puking on and off day and night. had to go to the ER and get treated for severe dehydration. she couldn't keep anything down, and just kept getting worse hydration wise.
couldn't eat anything, so she went damn near a solid week with just some crackers, and a few spoon fulls of soup.
major fatigue; probably a good 5 days of sleeping 20 hours a day.

she's been a week w/out symptoms and feels a ton better. fatigue is still there a bit, but nothing like it was.
I was quarantined for 14 days with her due to work restrictions etc; I had some slight fatigue, but never a fever and any symptoms I had otherswise I treated with Sudafed and Claritin and it did the trick. I didn't get tested since I was going to be quarantined for 14 days. I was sick as a dog last Dec with a respitory infection I'm almost positive was COVID. so maybe I had some resistence to it this time around. who knows.

thank god I didn't get it. It put my wife down fora solid 2 weeks. awful. I felt so bad for her.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:05 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Wow. Still no symptoms I'm hoping?
No symptoms. Hoping it stays that way.
[Reply]
Donger 11:07 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Nursing homes have high turnover in employment. Not the nurses as much as it is the orderlies and cooks. That would be my first guess.
Yeah, I suppose so. Infected staff seems to be the most likely reason from what I've read.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:09 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:

Then, puking for a solid 4 days; nothing coming up, puking on and off day and night. had to go to the ER and get treated for severe dehydration. she couldn't keep anything down, and just kept getting worse hydration wise.
couldn't eat anything, so she went damn near a solid week with just some crackers, and a few spoon fulls of soup.

she's been a week w/out symptoms and feels a ton better. fatigue is still there a bit, but nothing like it was.
I was quarantined for 14 days with her due to work restrictions etc; I had some slight fatigue, but never a fever and any symptoms I had otherswise I treated with Sudafed and Claritin and it did the trick. I didn't get tested since I was going to be quarantined for 14 days. I was sick as a dog last Dec with a respitory infection I'm almost positive was COVID. so maybe I had some resistence to it this time around. who knows.

thank god I didn't get it. It put my wife down fora solid 2 weeks. awful. I felt so bad for her.
It's still insane to me the different ways this thing impacts different people. Some people get zero symptoms. Feel absolutely nothing. Some people get mild colds. Some people, like your wife, get put out of commission entirely for days or weeks. Some people flat out die.

It's wild.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 09-15-2020
I have a staff member who's mom is a high up in nursing home admin.

The issue they have is that there are alot of people in the hospital that are ready to be sent to nursing homes, but they're full and they can't make room due to covid. So alot of it is coming from patients who are ready to leave hospital and then bring it into nursing homes, which is what apparently happened in NY. So they are super careful, but the hospitals don't have space for them so there is a bottle neck.
[Reply]
Donger 11:13 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I have a staff member who's mom is a high up in nursing home admin.

The issue they have is that there are alot of people in the hospital that are ready to be sent to nursing homes, but they're full and they can't make room due to covid. So alot of it is coming from patients who are ready to leave hospital and then bring it into nursing homes, which is what apparently happened in NY. So they are super careful, but the hospitals don't have space for them so there is a bottle neck.
Yikes, your hospital capacity is that close to 100%?
[Reply]
O.city 11:13 AM 09-15-2020
My wife has been having congestion, runny nose for the past couple days. Wasn't feeling well yesterday so called our PCP and did virtual visit. She wasn't really having any other symptoms so our DR was hesistant to schedule test but with me being in the job i am she went ahead and scheduled it. Wife feels better today, just some congestion.

She isn't getting tested until tomorrow and we aren't likely to get results for 24-48 hours. Puts me in a weird spot with work.
[Reply]
O.city 11:14 AM 09-15-2020
Yikes, your hospital capacity is that close to 100%?
No, not really close. They just want to keep it from getting close but they can't.

They're being super picky about who they're admitting into nursing homes and to make it worse, it's pretty much already in the homes and spreading she said.

They're having issues.
[Reply]
eDave 11:16 AM 09-15-2020
Is it perhaps a precautionary measure in anticipation of flu season?
[Reply]
Pants 11:18 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Dayze:

Thanks for sharing your story, Dayze. I'm so glad you guys are doing fine!

I would think if you had COVID back in December, your wife would have had it then too? You may just fall into the the chunk of population that has no to very mild symptoms.
[Reply]
Donger 11:26 AM 09-15-2020
If COVID-19 was actually here in December, why didn't see a spike in deaths like we saw in March? Or, did we, and they were listed as influenza deaths?
[Reply]
Dayze 11:27 AM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
Thanks for sharing your story, Dayze. I'm so glad you guys are doing fine!

I would think if you had COVID back in December, your wife would have had it then too? You may just fall into the the chunk of population that has no to very mild symptoms.
Thanks bud.

Yeah, I'm not sure. My dad, brother, and I all got sick as a dog the same time frame last year about a week after thanksgiving. So, I'm not sure if we had it or not, but it was just a brutal time. worst I've felt ever. Maybe it was just a really bad flu. and yeah, at that time my wife didn't get sick either despite being around me, and being at the same Thanksgiving locations etc as well.

or, maybe I did have this last go around while she had it and I only had very mild symptoms. So odd. I'm just glad I didn't get as bad as she did. just awful.

and she got it despite all the precautions with masks, limiting interaction with others yada yada yada. we wear masks when we go out etc, all that stuff.
[Reply]
Page 2964 of 3903
« First < 1964246428642914295429602961296229632964 29652966296729682974301430643464 > Last »
Up