ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2874 of 3903
« First < 1874237427742824286428702871287228732874 287528762877287828842924297433743874 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They came to the conclusion that the study wasn't very good?
Yes.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:58 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I watched the BVSD Board meeting. Blue Valley schools will resume in person learning as scheduled on 9/9. On top of that, high school sports and activities will be allowed.
Did you move?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:00 AM 08-19-2020
Regarding my question to OCity about Influenza tracking.

"COVID-19 symptoms often appear in this order, according to a new study"
[Reply]
O.city 09:14 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Regarding my question to OCity about Influenza tracking.

"COVID-19 symptoms often appear in this order, according to a new study"
I was wondering. Thats wild.

So yeah, if we did mass influenza testing on everyone, what would we find?

The more I've read on the surveillance and tracking of post infection with this, I don't think the asymptomatic spread is really a contributor.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:24 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

The more I've read on the surveillance and tracking of post infection with this, I don't think the asymptomatic spread is really a contributor.
Ironically fever is a symptom in less than half the cases in JoCo. In fact "subjective fever" is only in 43% of cases and "fever" is in only 37%.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:33 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Here is the frustrating part with some of this shit....% positive in JoCo has been pretty steady since the end of June. We had a small spike at the end of July but there have been 0 deaths of anyone under 70, 1 70-80 and unfortunately about 10 or so 80+. Again no one under the age of 29 has died in JoCo even though the 20-29 age group has the most cases .

I don't see any data that says don't open schools.

You know, there may actually be a point in all of this where getting the virus doesn't mean the world will end.

I mean pre-covid if a child got say pneumonia you would be concerned but the fear of death would be rather remote even though it has killed more kids than Covid.

By the same token if an elderly person or even someone in their 60's got pneumonia you would be very worried.

But we didn't shut down schools in either case and the data doesn't show we need to now.
Apparently they are seeing significant rising cases.

Originally Posted by :
Health officials in Johnson County, Kansas, shared guidance Tuesday for reopening schools with the superintendents of the county's six school districts.

The Health Department said the county is in the Red Zone for COVID-19. In the last 14 days, the average number of new cases has increased. The percentage of positive cases has also gone up.

[Reply]
Marcellus 09:37 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:

This sure does sound familiar.

Originally Posted by :

Each winter, influenza infected 18% of unvaccinated people on average. There were 69 respiratory illnesses per 100 person-influenza seasons among those infected with influenza, compared with 44 per 100 in those not infected. Among infected individuals, the age-adjusted attributable rate of illness was 23 illnesses per 100 person-seasons, indicating that most influenza infections are asymptomatic.

[Reply]
kgrund 09:49 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That is not true. Even on the Johnson County website noting the gating criteria, the 14 day averages of cases is listed as stable.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:03 AM 08-19-2020
Horseshit. As stated, the cases have been largely the same over the last month and a half.

All this shit started the weekend after Dr. Birx came to town and told everyone their families are all positve.
Attached: jococas.png (11.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:08 AM 08-19-2020
Horseshit. As stated, the cases have been largely the same over the last month and a half.

All this shit started the weekend after Dr. Birx came to town and told everyone their families are all positve.
Nationally we are at the same rolling 7 day average for new cases as we were July 3rd. Seems we are on the back side of the curve.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:13 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nationally we are at the same rolling 7 day average for new cases as we were July 3rd. Seems we are on the back side of the curve.
That's the other thing. One place uses a 7 day average and another uses a 14.
[Reply]
O.city 10:13 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I hope so. But I'm guessing as the South and West cool, the Midwest is gonna fire up and take off.

Hopefully not.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:20 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
That is not true. Even on the Johnson County website noting the gating criteria, the 14 day averages of cases is listed as stable.

Don't shoot the messenger I just quoted what your HD said :-)

BTW this link is on the front page of Johnson County Site

https://www.jocogov.org/article/2020/08/18/14567

Originally Posted by :
Johnson County public health officials and school district leaders met today, Aug. 18, to review the most recent science and data regarding the spread of COVID-19 infections within the county. School districts will use this information as guidance to make decisions for each of their districts regarding the safest learning mode to begin the 2020-2021 school year.

Consistent with the gating criteria released earlier and based on the number of new infections and the trajectory of positivity rate, Johnson County is in the Red zone and is recommending:

Elementary schools should make available in-class learning, with safe opening principles
Elementary extra and cocurricular activities should be remote only
Middle and high schools and all extra and cocurricular activities should be remote only
“The spread of the virus is still increasing in Johnson County. The risk of exposure to the virus is low in schools when community transmission is low,” said Johnson County Department of Health and Environment Director Dr. Sanmi Areola. “Unfortunately, we have not met the threshold in the school gating criteria for a safe return to in-person learning, even for a hybrid model.”

[Reply]
petegz28 10:35 AM 08-19-2020
Don't shoot the messenger I just quoted what your HD said :-)

BTW this link is on the front page of Johnson County Site

https://www.jocogov.org/article/2020/08/18/14567
Yes, I am aware of that. And the problem is some of the districts are taking everything to all remote including elementary. I don't know how more plainly it needs to be put but you CANNOT TEACH A 7 YEAR OLD OVER A COMPUTER!
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 11:06 AM 08-19-2020
Yes, I am aware of that. And the problem is some of the districts are taking everything to all remote including elementary. I don't know how more plainly it needs to be put but you CANNOT TEACH A 7 YEAR OLD OVER A COMPUTER!
Actually I have a recently turned 7 year old and he took courses to end kindergarten over zoom and we’ve had him in Sylvan all summer also over zoom and hes tested out in the 98 percentile or better so they suggested he go straight to 2nd grade so he would stay academically challenged when the new year starts (bubble age, questionable maturity). We do read together a lot and complete math work books and flash cards but I strongly believe the majority of his academic gains the last 5 months from the online Sylvan courses, granted they are in smaller groups than he’d receive from remote elementary. My point is you CAN teach a 7 year old over a computer, but it takes intentional focus from schools and parents working in unison to pull off.
[Reply]
Page 2874 of 3903
« First < 1874237427742824286428702871287228732874 287528762877287828842924297433743874 > Last »
Up