« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP Prince
siberian khatru 10:57 AM 04-21-2016
http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-dead-at-57/

Updated link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...nce-dead-at-57
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:05 PM 04-21-2016
And yet, Kanye draws breath.

I can't fucking believe this. The only instrument Prince wasn't a complete master at was the drums. Everything else, he was a fucking PHD.

The music he wrote with Wendy and Lisa was some of the most original and prolific pop-rock that has ever been recorded.

When he moved away from the group mentality and became more of a solo artist, I thought his music was a little too self-indulgent, but he was still a master at crafting songs and he definitely wrote some gems along the way.

This is just no good. RIP.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:06 PM 04-21-2016
This sucks.

Literally everyone likes Prince.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 05:12 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Heres the story of his all timer half time show, as told by the producers... with plenty of live music thrown in

It is, was, and will remain the best Super Bowl show of all time (embedding disabled)... worth the click

https://youtu.be/7NN3gsSf-Ys
Nice find Easy - thanks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:18 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView....1940143&rtes=y
I think this might be the first time this song was played for anyone?
Listening to it now, excellent, great find from the early days... and the sound quality is NUTS, my little plug in speakers are literally 5x louder than they've ever been before
[Reply]
Toby Waller 05:24 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Because with piano, the notes are laid out right in front of your fingers. C to C, which is referred to as an Octave (8 notes). There are 4 Half Tones, which are the black keys.

So once your brain has become accustomed to music theory via piano, picking up other instruments is easy because one already understands the relationship between the notes, also known as Music Theory.

At that point, it's just physical manifestation of the instrument.
the annoying thing is some of the best musicians dont know crap about music theory. They just learned on their own and play by ear or sight.

I know 2 people like that and I hate them (not really) for it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:27 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Toby Waller:
the annoying thing is some of the best musicians dont know crap about music theory. They just learned on their own and play by ear or sight.

I know 2 people like that and I hate them (not really) for it.
Then add me to the list.

I don't read and never took lessons. Many of the Composer/Producers that I know are the same, although I know just as many that are schooled as well.

Hans Zimmer is the perfect example of a musician turned film composer that was never schooled.
[Reply]
alanm 05:33 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yet Keith Richards is somehow still alive
Keith Richards will outlive us all.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:41 PM 04-21-2016
He was a great coach for KState
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:45 PM 04-21-2016
Watch this mfer just RULE the stage, a born performer (good sound quality)

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:52 PM 04-21-2016
A friend of mine went to his last show in DC and reported, "I knew within the first 6 minutes that this was the greatest show I had ever been to".

And that cat has been to a LOT of shows in his life. I mean everyone who has ever been anyone across a metric shit-ton of genres.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:56 PM 04-21-2016
I wonder if his estate will release the music that he created but didn't release over the years.
[Reply]
Armyofme 05:57 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
And yet, Kanye draws breath.

I can't fucking believe this. The only instrument Prince wasn't a complete master at was the drums. Everything else, he was a fucking PHD.

The music he wrote with Wendy and Lisa was some of the most original and prolific pop-rock that has ever been recorded.

When he moved away from the group mentality and became more of a solo artist, I thought his music was a little too self-indulgent, but he was still a master at crafting songs and he definitely wrote some gems along the way.

This is just no good. RIP.
Actually, from what I understand, the only instrument he didn't play was the tuba... he had no desire.

I've seen him a few times and my favorite was at Paisley Park Studios (where he passed). Very small auditorium, small stage and I was front row... close enough touch him. I knew he was a small guy, but damn! The experience was epic to say the least.

He influenced a generation, started careers for more performers than most know (ie. Carmen Electra) and his legacy will live on for a very long time.

He was a genius, no doubt, and will be missed.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:00 PM 04-21-2016
TMZ now reporting the emergency landing was for a drug overdose
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:00 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by Armyofme:
Actually, from what I understand, the only instrument he didn't play was the tuba... he had no desire.

I've seen him a few times and my favorite was at Paisley Park Studios (where he passed). Very small auditorium, small stage and I was front row... close enough touch him. I knew he was a small guy, but damn! The experience was epic to say the least.

He influenced a generation, started careers for more performers than most know (ie. Carmen Electra) and his legacy will live on for a very long time.

He was a genius, no doubt, and will be missed.
That is fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 06:06 PM 04-21-2016
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
TMZ now reporting the emergency landing was for a drug overdose
Maybe it was,maybe it wasnt.
He's fair game to media sharks now
[Reply]
Page 11 of 34
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up