ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 162 of 361
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
jspchief 01:30 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Based on what you guys are saying, that's a total scam job on that El Camino. Makes sense. I didn't realize the odometer only went to 99999, so a rollover and claim at 12k makes sense.
Technically, he doesn't say it only has 12k miles on it. Definitely seems like he's being intentionally vague on that point. Regardless, that doesn't look like a $16k car to me.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:37 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Technically, he doesn't say it only has 12k miles on it. Definitely seems like he's being intentionally vague on that point. Regardless, that doesn't look like a $16k car to me.
It wouldn't be worth 10k in its shape even if it was a Chevelle imo. Id bet money it's not the correct engine
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 06:40 AM 08-18-2016
I got rid of my Hellcat on Monday. I'll post some pics of my new toy soon. It is a 2017 Grand Sport.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:34 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I got rid of my Hellcat on Monday. I'll post some pics of my new toy soon. It is a 2017 Grand Sport.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why did you decide to change cars
[Reply]
hometeam 07:47 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by mac459:
Because Hellcats are overpriced overweight fatty fats?

And Corvettes are pure racing machines~
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:02 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:

Get him a Ford GT
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:55 AM 08-18-2016

Bingo.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 08-18-2016
Well I got my car back on the road last weekend and the Fuel Injection is starting to really get lined out. Running much leaner and smoother.

You can hop in and hit the start button (car has push button ignition with RF key fob) with out touching the gas and it fires and idles right up to 1000rpm. That's pretty cool for a 50+ year old car.

Still plan to get some boost added before long which should push it to 750-800HP fairly easily and dependably. Was thinking turbo but looks like a ProCharger P1SD is going to be it.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:14 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Well I got my car back on the road last weekend and the Fuel Injection is starting to really get lined out. Running much leaner and smoother.

You can hop in and hit the start button (car has push button ignition with RF key fob) with out touching the gas and it fires and idles right up to 1000rpm. That's pretty cool for a 50+ year old car.

Still plan to get some boost added before long which should push it to 750-800HP fairly easily and dependably. Was thinking turbo but looks like a ProCharger P1SD is going to be it.
P1 is going to be too small, I'd go at least a D1 if not an F1x.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:42 AM 08-18-2016
:-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by mac459:
This?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:52 PM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-)

This?
It's hard to explain. The Hellcat will probably be my favorite car that I ever own. A lot of my driving is just around town, running errands etc. The Hellcat wasn't good for that. It's 707 horses felt like it wanted unleashed at all times. It just didn't like to be driven slowly. I realized that I rarely drove it because I wasn't relaxed driving it.

The Vette has a removable top and is fast enough for me. It is extremely relaxing to drive, which is good for me because I'm pretty tightly wound. Again, I LOVED the HC but it wasn't a good fit for me.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:55 PM 08-18-2016

Nah. The HC was a lot better deal at 60k than the Vette was at 80k.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:59 PM 08-18-2016
A side note about the last two vehicles I traded in. I drove my 13 Raptor for three years and got 3k less than I paid. I drove the Hellcat for a year and a half and got 3k less than I paid. Unfortunately, the Grand Sport will depreciate much faster.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:52 PM 08-18-2016
It's hard to explain. The Hellcat will probably be my favorite car that I ever own. A lot of my driving is just around town, running errands etc. The Hellcat wasn't good for that. It's 707 horses felt like it wanted unleashed at all times. It just didn't like to be driven slowly. I realized that I rarely drove it because I wasn't relaxed driving it.

The Vette has a removable top and is fast enough for me. It is extremely relaxing to drive, which is good for me because I'm pretty tightly wound. Again, I LOVED the HC but it wasn't a good fit for me.
I get that. I also feel with just my 485hp that the car is constantly wanting to go faster. It seems like it's rebelling. I'm sure It's all in my head but it "feels" that way.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:08 PM 08-18-2016

You get to a certain power threshold and it becomes too much to drive comfortably. It's pretty common.

Im reminded of a story told by one of my customers. He's a huge Ford GT lover and he collects them. He was able to score a sweet deal on a new Ford GT (they had JUUUST been introduced) because the original owner had it for about a month. The original owner chirped the tires a bit too much just while doing some daily driving, and he lost control, almost putting it into a stop light.

After that, the owner was too scared to drive it. He didn't want anything to do with car and my customer flew to Canada and bought essentially a brand new Ford GT at a well discounted price. It was simply too much car for the original owner.

Hell, we deal with that at our shop. In terms of power, there's what customers THINK they want, and then what customers ACTUALLY want.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 361
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up