ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 162
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:49 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
You have to be careful. Every team has colossal douchebags, including the Chiefs.

Don't stereotype and group everyone together. Unless they are Raider fans.
Haha, fair enough and good point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:49 AM 12-16-2020
Other fans see confidence and read it as arrogance. I understand that.

But with Mahomes and the current team and the current streak they’re on, I think even the most best-down franchises would be accused of arrogance by others.

I think most chiefs fans acknowledge the “any given Sunday” component against other playoff-caliber teams but still are confident in Mahomes’ ability to overcome that factor - because he has done so almost every time he has been asked to do it.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:49 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Actually, I've been a member here for nearly 10 years.

(thats longer than you)

I don't thump my chest. That's not my style.

Ive always had an affinity to Chiefs fans.

Before they became arrogant anyway.
What would you have to thump your chest about?

C'mon, I kid
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:50 AM 12-16-2020
We don't know for certain yet, but CLE might actually be the most complete AFC contender, IF they get their defensive starters back on the field any time soon. They have an elite run game, a decent pass rush, a solid OL, and Baker is starting to turn the corner, and from a purely passer standpoint, he's probably better than Josh. At least right now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Other fans see confidence and read it as arrogance. I understand that.

But with Mahomes and the current team and the current streak they’re on, I think even the most best-down franchises would be accused of arrogance by others.

I think most chiefs fans acknowledge the “any given Sunday” component against other playoff-caliber teams but still are confident in Mahomes’ ability to overcome that factor - because he has done so almost every time he has been asked to do it.
Exactly.

What are we supposed to do? Pretend he didn't overcome not one but THREE first half deficits to get through and win the Super Bowl? Are we supposed to pretend he didn't win league MVP in his first year as a starter and SB MVP in his second? Are we supposed to pretend he isn't the fastest QB to 100 TD's in history? Are we supposed to pretend he hasn't broken dozens of records over the last 3 seasons?

The simple fact is that the only thing more unbecoming than arrogance is fake humility.
[Reply]
notorious 11:53 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

What are we supposed to do? Pretend he didn't overcome not one but THREE first half deficits to get through and win the Super Bowl? Are we supposed to pretend he didn't win league MVP in his first year as a starter and SB MVP in his second? Are we supposed to pretend he isn't the fastest QB to 100 TD's in history? Are we supposed to pretend he hasn't broken dozens of records over the last 3 seasons?

The simple fact is that the only thing more unbecoming than arrogance is fake humility.
Fake humility is similar to being passive aggressive. It's a whole different level of douche.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:54 AM 12-16-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We don't know for certain yet, but CLE might actually be the most complete AFC contender, IF they get their defensive starters back on the field any time soon. They have an elite run game, a decent pass rush, a solid OL, and Baker is starting to turn the corner, and from a purely passer standpoint, he's probably better than Josh. At least right now.
They have a solid run game, their line is quite good, and their defensive pass rush is nasty.

I agree, they're a sleeper team.

As far as Baker as a better passer, I'm not really sure what to say to that. Really odd opinion.

Allen has a higher completion percentage, more passing yards, more passing TDs, more passing 1st downs, more 20+ yard throws, and a higher QB rating.

There is literally not a single passing statistic that Baker beats Allen in.
[Reply]
notorious 11:55 AM 12-16-2020
I'll take Allen every day over Mayfailed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 12-16-2020
Fake humility is similar to being passive aggressive. It's a whole different level of douche.
Exactly.
[Reply]
diqlix 11:57 AM 12-16-2020
Exactly.

No, I don't think you pretend at all.

You know he did that.

You call it for what it is (greatness).

You recognize that you have one of the greatest to play the game.

You enjoy it.

And then you think about NFL history and you still retain some level of humility.

You remember that even the greatest QB's of all time didn't win SB's more than 28% of their seasons.

You remember that the 2007 Patriots, which is likely the greatest NFL team to ever step on the field and would likely beat any current NFL team, LOST in the Super Bowl after going 18-0.

Summary: You know he's great, the Chiefs are great, you recognize it and you love the fact that you have a great chance in any game, but you don't be a dick about it.

It's also called being a nice person.
[Reply]
notorious 11:58 AM 12-16-2020
I believe the Chiefs have reached the point where if they lose it's because they fucked up on multiple levels.

The only game I've watched where they truly deserved to lose was in the SB. San Fran had whooped them for 3 1/2 quarters until history happened.
[Reply]
diqlix 12:01 PM 12-16-2020
I believe the Chiefs have reached the point where if they lose it's because they ****ed up on multiple levels.

The only game I've watched where they truly deserved to lose was in the SB. San Fran had whooped them for 3 1/2 quarters until history happened.
That's the funny thing about games.

People tend to forget about how bad a team was playing if they win the game.

People don't remember the 1st three quarters of the Super Bowl.

Or even the playoffs last year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:02 PM 12-16-2020
Exactly.

Fake humility is condescending. It’s why the entire internet hates Cardinals baseball fans... because a lot of their fans try to act like they’re just great fans who can share baseball knowledge and are humble ambassadors.

I won’t do that if I can help it.

I expect the Chiefs to win every game Patrick Mahomes II plays. That isn’t arrogance. He’s THAT good.

Just like Brady or Manning in his prime or Rodgers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 12-16-2020
No, I don't think you pretend at all.

You know he did that.

You call it for what it is (greatness).

You recognize that you have one of the greatest to play the game.

You enjoy it.

And then you think about NFL history and you still retain some level of humility.

You remember that even the greatest QB's of all time didn't win SB's more than 28% of their seasons.

You remember that the 2007 Patriots, which is likely the greatest NFL team to ever step on the field and would smash any current NFL team, LOST in the Super Bowl after going 18-0.

Summary: You know he's great, the chiefs are great, and that you have a great chance, but you don't be a dick about it.
The team is 12-1, is currently the #1 seed, and hasn't lost a game since the middle of last year. IN CONTEXT, this team has the inside track to winning another Super Bowl. We have every reason to be confident. You act like we're being unreasonable when in the context of this season, they're the current overwhelming favorite to win it all by the media and unbiased sources.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 12-16-2020
That's the funny thing about games.

People tend to forget about how bad a team was playing if they win the game.

People don't remember the 1st three quarters of the Super Bowl.

Or even the playoffs last year.
Because he overcame this deficits not once, not twice, but THREE times.

That's not a fluke, that's a TREND.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 162
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117157 > Last »
Up