ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 162
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:50 PM 10-17-2020
NFL offensive ranking 2020, points/game:

Giants: 16.2, 31st in the league

Broncos 20.4, 28th

Texans 22.0, 25th

Eagles 22.6, 23rd

NFL ranking 2020, yds/game:

NYG: 282.4, 30th

DEN: 306.8, 29th

HOU: 359.2, 22nd

PHI: 332.4, 28th

PIT allowed HOU to go into the half with a lead against their "great" defense. HOU scored 3 TDs in the first half. Same HOU team that scored a single offensive TD against the Chiefs.

DEN, helmed by Driskell, still managed to come back in the 2nd half and keep it within a score, including two drives of 6 plays each and 55- and 54-yards respectively. In fact, if not for a missed FG by DEN and that ridiculous safety, It would've been a tie game at the end of regulation.

PHI, playing with neither starting WR, nor their starting RT, and a handful of defensive starters, scored 4 offensive TDs against that "no.2" defense.

Let me be more clear:

PHI in 2020 only averages 22 points/game.

Against the 2nd-best defense in the league (allegedly), PHI scored 28, and should've scored 31, but missed an FG.

Furthermore, the no.2 PIT defense has allowed each of their opponents to score as many or more than their average, as well as allowed them to accumulate nearly as many or more yards per game.

The Steelers defense isn't as good as their ranking.

Over the next four games, PIT will face four of the best running offenses in the league.

Their defense won't be ranked 2nd after that.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:00 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
NFL offensive ranking 2020, points/game:

Giants: 16.2, 31st in the league

Broncos 20.4, 28th

Texans 22.0, 25th

Eagles 22.6, 23rd

NFL ranking 2020, yds/game:

NYG: 282.4, 30th

DEN: 306.8, 29th

HOU: 359.2, 22nd

PHI: 332.4, 28th

PIT allowed HOU to go into the half with a lead against their "great" defense. HOU scored 3 TDs in the first half. Same HOU team that scored a single offensive TD against the Chiefs.

DEN, helmed by Driskell, still managed to come back in the 2nd half and keep it within a score, including two drives of 6 plays each and 55- and 54-yards respectively. In fact, if not for a missed FG by DEN and that ridiculous safety, It would've been a tie game at the end of regulation.

PHI, playing with neither starting WR, nor their starting RT, and a handful of defensive starters, scored 4 offensive TDs against that "no.2" defense.

Let me be more clear:

PHI in 2020 only averages 22 points/game.

Against the 2nd-best defense in the league (allegedly), PHI scored 28, and should've scored 31, but missed an FG.

Furthermore, the no.2 PIT defense has allowed each of their opponents to score as many or more than their average, as well as allowed them to accumulate nearly as many or more yards per game.

The Steelers defense isn't as good as their ranking.

Over the next four games, PIT will face four of the best running offenses in the league.

Their defense won't be ranked 2nd after that.
I just explained how all your stats crunching is entirely meaningless. The league is letting teams score by calling less penalties, to keep fans interested.
Won't be number 2 defense later? Who cares? if they're 5 through 8, they'll still be a top defense.

No one's as good as their ranking. It's all manufactured by the league.

Originally Posted by :
PHI, playing with neither starting WR, nor their starting RT, and a handful of defensive starters, scored 4 offensive TDs against that "no.2" defense
Exactly. Yet you still can't figure out it's fixed.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:15 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
I just explained how all your stats crunching is entirely meaningless. The league is letting teams score by calling less penalties, to keep fans interested.
Won't be number 2 defense later? Who cares? if they're 5 through 8, they'll still be a top defense.

No one's as good as their ranking. It's all manufactured by the league.

Exactly. Yet you still can't figure out it's fixed.

:-)
The stat "2nd ranked defense" is a manufactured stat, yet somehow it's meaningful to you.

The funny part about that ranking is that it's based on yards given up; there's no context at all.

It was the same story last season with NE. Everyone went around saying "the Pats have the no.1 defense in the league!" But when I broke down not only who they played but exactly how many yards per game, passing D stats and rushing D stats, average yards/snap, pts/game, etc., it was obvious their defense wasn't nearly a good as advertised. I noted it around week 5 or 6, IIRC. I even postulated that NE's defense was probably closer to 13th back around week 8. By week 14 or so NE's defense wasn't no.1 anymore. I think they were around 11th.

But for some reason you think total yards given up means something. Okay. It's incorrect, but you go with that.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:24 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by :
The stat "2nd ranked defense" is a manufactured stat, yet somehow it's meaningful to you.
It's called a narrative.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:28 PM 10-17-2020
:-)

The funny part about that ranking is that it's based on yards given up; there's no context at all.

It was the same story last season with NE. Everyone went around saying "the Pats have the no.1 defense in the league!" But when I broke down not only who they played but exactly how many yards per game, passing D stats and rushing D stats, average yards/snap, pts/game, etc., it was obvious their defense wasn't nearly a good as advertised. I noted it around week 5 or 6, IIRC. I even postulated that NE's defense was probably closer to 13th back around week 8. By week 14 or so NE's defense wasn't no.1 anymore. I think they were around 11th.

But for some reason you think total yards given up means something. Okay. It's incorrect, but you go with that.
Pat's? Yeah they made the playoffs, so what's your point?
Apparently KC couldn't stop anyone from scoring either in playoffs, but they still won.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:28 PM 10-17-2020
Pat's? Yeah they made the playoffs, so what's your point?
Apparently KC couldn't stop anyone from scoring either in playoffs, but they still won.
Hahaha, what?

You realize that the Chiefs held each of their playoff opponents to less points than their regular season averages?

That they held each of their final 6 2019 regular season opponents to significantly under their regular season averages?

Meanwhile, the Pats couldn't stop the Miami Dolphins . . .

That's my point.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:50 PM 10-17-2020
Hahaha, what?

You realize that the Chiefs held each of their playoff opponents to less points than their regular season averages?

That they held each of their final 6 2019 regular season opponents to significantly under their regular season averages?

Meanwhile, the Pats couldn't stop the Miami Dolphins . . .

That's my point.
Did the pats make playoffs? Yes.
Did KC have to come back from large deficits? Yes.
All your finding out is the nfl can create a stats science and carry out the scenario.
Pitt has owned their division for years since the 70s and will continue to do so ,as 4-0 shows very obviously. Stats are irrelevant for chosen principle teams.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 10-17-2020
Did the pats make playoffs? Yes.
Did KC have to come back from large deficits? Yes.
All your finding out is the nfl can create a stats science and carry out the scenario.
Pitt has owned their division for years since the 70s and will continue to do so ,as 4-0 shows very obviously. Stats are irrelevant for chosen principle teams.
IN 2019, The Pats benefited from playing the LEAST DIFFICULT schedule in nearly 100 years. Over their last eight games they went 4-4. They lost the 1 seed by losing their final game of the season to MIA. in large part due to that vaunted "no. 1 defense" of the Pats somehow allowing Fitzpatrick to throw for 326 yards a TD 0 INTs and a 91 QBR.

And then that defense allowed TEN to run roughshod over them for over 200 yards rushing in the WC game.

So much for that "no. 1 ranked defense."

PIT's ranking as the "no.2 defense" is based entirely off of yards given up, which is about as generalized a stat as there is. Without context it means exactly nothing. Context such as the fact that PIT's opponents are among the lowest scoring teams in the league. Which basically means that PIT's opponents have been better at not scoring than PIT has been at stopping any of them. We know this because PIT's "no. 2 defense" somehow allowed each of their opponents to score more points than their season averages.

If PIT's defnse were truly worth that "no.2" ranking, they'd be allowing each opponent to score LESS points than their season averages.

Kind of like how the 2019 Chiefs defense prevented each of their final 9 opponents from scoring at least their season averages.

See how that works? If your defense is really good, they should allow less points and less yards. Not as many or more. If your defense is allowing as many or more points/yards, they're probably frauds.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:26 PM 10-17-2020
This thread is ruined.
[Reply]
scho63 06:15 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
The Steelers will be this year's sleeper team.
CAN we run the table? YES

WILL we run the table? History says no, it is a tough road to always be at peak performance and not have a let down.

Can Steelers get enough pressure on Mahomes? Chargers had our number for almost the whole game.

Could be a shocker with a bad outing.

Injuries are KEY to winning and we are racking up too many. Need to stay healthy.
I mentioned this in another thread but I think the Steelers are going to be the surprise team this year.

I know they have played against 3 dogs (0-9) but they seem to have a statement to make with Big Ben.

They have always given us trouble just like the Dolphins and Bills.

Hope I'm wrong.

The key will be how we stay healthy. We've taken a small beating with injuries in just 3 games. Gotta have a few games with zero (0) injuries.
I'm not liking playing the Steelers - not sure why but they have been one of about 3-4 teams that always give us fits. Let's hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:56 AM 10-21-2020

We apologize for how wordy this graphic is.

We will not apologize for how good our defense is. pic.twitter.com/9s6jZBMVOL

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 20, 2020

[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:03 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why do you continue to gloss over the fact that the Steelers have played absolutely nobody and have struggled with some really bad teams (much worse than the Colts)? I could see if they have been dominant against that soft schedule, but they haven’t at all.

You were the one that thought the Broncos were SO bad that there was no way they could beat the fucking Jets, yet you’re ignoring the fact that the Steelers struggled with them :-)

You can only play who’s on your schedule. We haven’t looked all that great against some of the weaker teams we’ve played either. This is the NFL. It’s difficult to blow teams out each week. Give them credit.

They’ve got an elite defense. They stifle the running game and get after the QB. Their running game is so so, but they’ve got Roeth and he’s capable of keeping it close in a shootout.

They’re probably the worst matchup for us and our stiffest competition in the AFC at this point in the young season.
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 10-21-2020
The Steeler defense is legit. Losing Bush will hurt it though.
[Reply]
O.city 11:12 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If they even blew 1 of those bad teams out, you might have a point. It’s not just about who they beat, it’s the fact that they haven’t even been that dominant despite playing those awful teams.
Feel different now that they blew out a good team?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:17 AM 10-21-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Feel different now that they blew out a good team?

He doesn’t think the Browns are a good team, I can almost guarantee it. Even if he thinks they’re decent, he won’t think it’s enough to mention.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 162
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up