ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 636 of 791
« First < 136536586626632633634635636 637638639640646686736 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Jerm 11:25 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kelce's antics?

:-)
Apparently you missed him getting ejected from a game or the multiple unsportsmanlike conduct flags he's got....or trying to show out instead of recovering a fumble against Arizona?

But we don't need Jalen Ramsey's "attitude" here...ho ho oh no.

:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:26 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kinda. He starts out by saying that it's not remotely clear that the Chiefs defense as it stands right now is better than last season.

He then addresses the cap:

He then goes on to argue that we have the means (extra draft picks) and the need to add someone like Clowney, Lawrence (mentions a 1st and a 2nd), or Peterson (two 2nds).

He's seeing the same thing that we're all seeing. And he's noting the same thing we're all noting - that is, Veach is known to be aggressive and this defense still really needs either an edge rusher or a shutdown corner.

Hard to disagree with anything in the article.
Yeah he does his homework - I'd say Az will want a one + two for PP though - that's my only area of disagreement.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:27 AM 03-26-2019
Kinda. He starts out by saying that it's not remotely clear that the Chiefs defense as it stands right now is better than last season.

He then goes on to argue that we have the means (extra draft picks) and the need to add someone like Clowney, Lawrence (mentions a 1st and a 2nd), or Peterson (two 2nds).

He's seeing the same thing that we're all seeing. And he's noting the same thing we're all noting - that is, Veach is known to be aggressive and this defense still really needs either an edge rusher or a shutdown corner.

I like all 3 of those guys but not for those trades...yeesh...
[Reply]
Mulliganman 11:41 AM 03-26-2019

Thanks for including that part about the cap.
[Reply]
In58men 11:54 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Anybody who has a subscription to the Athletic want to give a synopsis?
I just hope we’re not waiting around for Ansahs medical update.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:02 PM 03-26-2019

god damn i should be paid to write articles. I basically said the same thing as he did 2 weeks ago
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I like all 3 of those guys but not for those trades...yeesh...
Dude, they have 4 second round picks in the next 2 drafts. Peterson for two of them is a NO BRAINER.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:04 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, they have 4 second round picks in the next 2 drafts. Peterson for two of them is a NO BRAINER.
Ok if we can spread them out...I'm down.

I read it more like both the 2019 2nd round picks.

I'd still try a 2nd and a 4th. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM 03-26-2019
Peterson isn’t worth two 2nd rd picks at his age.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
One of this year's and one of next year's?

He absolutely is.
[Reply]
loochy 12:14 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Really? He's not worth, say, Speaks + Tanoh?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ok if we can spread them out...I'm down.

I read it more like both the 2019 2nd round picks.

I'd still try a 2nd and a 4th. :-)
Chiefs don't have a 4th though unfortunately.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 03-26-2019
I think he probably is, but i'd entertain that he's not.

Other than QB's, just not many guys get valued that highly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think he probably is, but i'd entertain that he's not.

Other than QB's, just not many guys get valued that highly.
You put Peterson on this team right now and then get some value in the draft and they're Super Bowl bound. He's worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 12:20 PM 03-26-2019
You put Peterson on this team right now and then get some value in the draft and they're Super Bowl bound. He's worth it.
I'm gonna hold out and see how they do in terms of the pass rushers, but he would go a long way towards helping.
[Reply]
Page 636 of 791
« First < 136536586626632633634635636 637638639640646686736 > Last »
Up