ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 386
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:50 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
We're about to have an 80 minute episode with nothing but battle, the longest battle sequence ever set to film, with dozens of character's we've followed for almost a decade, so I would have been a little disappointed if the setup hadn't stretched over two episodes.
Anybody who bitches about last night's episode.....is watching this show strictly for the battles and deaths. Last night's show was fucking awesome.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:50 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My thoughts:

1. I just know i'm going to be bummed when a Dragon dies.

2. I thought they laid the Tormund love on a little thick. But the tit milk story was great.

3. The look on Jon Snow's face down in the crypt: "Bitch, i just told you that i'm your nephew. I'm an auntie-****er and you're worried about the throne??"

4. Cersi said that Jaime put a baby in her. But she was lying obviously. Meanwhile, Euron actually did put a baby in her (my guess). This seems like this will be very important later, which tells me Jaime lives through next week's battle.

5. Really? You're going to put the weiner-less wonder to guard Bran, the dude the Night's King is looking for? Pfffffff.
Thought the show did a terrific job with theons character arc that it makes total sense. What character has a bigger oath than what theon feels he owes to the starks. Nothing left to lose. No split allegiances or identity crisis. Theons gonna go straight up badass the rest of the way.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:54 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm glad to see this episode getting mainly positive reviews here. Another forum I frequent is hating on the episode pretty hard as being boring, a waste, and not moving things forward.

I will say that my love for the episode, though, is based on the assumption that it was the calm before the storm and next week (and subsequent episodes) will move things forward quickly.
Idiots.

Clearly trying to build pathos for the many upcoming deaths.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:55 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Thought the show did a terrific job with theons character arc that it makes total sense. What character has a bigger oath than what theon feels he owes to the starks. Nothing left to lose. No split allegiances or identity crisis. Theons gonna go straight up badass the rest of the way.
Or he goes full Reek and lets the NK take Bran.

That’s be a more GRRM ending.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 AM 04-22-2019
The character I'm most interested in is tyrion. He and Bran cooked up something. And he looks confident as hell. Especially after his strategic struggles in season 7, you'd have to think he's got a big redemption coming up.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:02 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Story arc be damned, he's a 'gina.

You leave a coward, who was never a great fighter to begin with, to protect your most valuable asset.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 04-22-2019

You leave a coward, who was never a great fighter to begin with, to protect your most valuable asset.
Maybe Bran knows that the Night King is going to be expecting a trap.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:05 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm glad to see this episode getting mainly positive reviews here. Another forum I frequent is hating on the episode pretty hard as being boring, a waste, and not moving things forward.

I will say that my love for the episode, though, is based on the assumption that it was the calm before the storm and next week (and subsequent episodes) will move things forward quickly.
I really do not understand reviews like this. I think they've become more common as the show has exploded in popularity. This creates an interesting duality, as half of the criticisms of E1 said it was "slow" and the other half said it was "rushed" (these critiques are mutually exclusive). But, hey. The writing certainly had weak moments in E1.

But to hate this episode? Did the haters only watch the battle episodes from previous seasons or some such? Game of Thrones was built on its character driven episodes. Give me Tyrion's conversation with Bronn and Shae over seeing the Battle of Whispering Wood any day. When even the staunchest of book-readers are reacting positively to an episode, it shows that the critiques of E2 being "boring" are coming from people who might not have the best grasp of what the series is.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:05 AM 04-22-2019

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:20 AM 04-22-2019
After watching last night's episode.....I'm not fucking ready for this coming Sunday. Fuck man....so many seasons of watching these characters and like half of them are going to be gone after this Sunday.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:21 AM 04-22-2019

I mean, yeah if it's theon fighting off a bunch of the undead on his own to protect bran they're ****ed. But you may be underselling him a bit. He was trained under the greyjoys and with Rob and Jon so he's a better fighter than he lets on. But I also wouldn't sell short how big it is for him to know who he is and to fight for one family. Seems Sansa is big on oaths and his unwavering loyalty to the north is a big asset. Yara letting him commit to the starks and Sansa finally letting theon forgive himself pretty much sealed that the show is positioning him to be a hero of some kind.

But who knows... It's GoT. I just can't see them throwing a curveball here.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 11:26 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Qyburn’s ballista, yo.

But they’re likely not prepared, so.....
The opening keeps showing the ballista pointing towards was is a dragon skull in the catacombs of Kings Landing. Easy to put the two things together, but it would need to be coated in dragon glass to kill the ice dragon.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:27 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I really do not understand reviews like this. I think they've become more common as the show has exploded in popularity. This creates an interesting duality, as half of the criticisms of E1 said it was "slow" and the other half said it was "rushed" (these critiques are mutually exclusive). But, hey. The writing certainly had weak moments in E1.

But to hate this episode? Did the haters only watch the battle episodes from previous seasons or some such? Game of Thrones was built on its character driven episodes. Give me Tyrion's conversation with Bronn and Shae over seeing the Battle of Whispering Wood any day. When even the staunchest of book-readers are reacting positively to an episode, it shows that the critiques of E2 being "boring" are coming from people who might not have the best grasp of what the series is.
Yeah, after the chaotic plotline of last season, I was thrilled to have an episode that actually let us fall in love with the characters again. It was a much needed reset before all hell breaks loose.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:39 AM 04-22-2019
I would guess the majority of people saying last night’s episode was slow started the series late so they binged probably five or six seasons or possibly more for their first time watching. We rewatched from the beginning this season over a month or so and doing that really does make the slower episodes just sort of get glossed over and you focus more on the action.

We were aware of this but if you had never watched and got through five or six seasons as your first experience you wouldn’t notice how many scenes or episodes were basically nothing but character development without any true action or big obvious events.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:50 AM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah....I honestly have no clue what the fuck is going on. The Night King has to be smart enough to know that if he falls....his entire army is done. So their plan of luring him to Bran....probably isn't going to work. I would love to see an episode where Cersei gets fucking taken down or left for dead in Kings Landing.
That’s an interesting theory. It might make Dannys vision of the burned out throne room with snow come true. Means it probably won’t but would be interesting.

Jon and Danny are going to be close by with dragons. Theon is just there to make sure no random wights stick him.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 386
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212252302 > Last »
Up