ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 64
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:37 AM 05-20-2018
Originally Posted by banecat:
I was talking with a friend that I hadn't since this came out. So we went over it. I brought up that if Cap goes who should take up the shield. He was like why does someone have to pick up that mantle. Now I ask why does anyone have to take up that mantle?
To go along with the comic book continuity?

If anyone picks up the mantle of Captain America immediately... it will likely either be Bucky or Falcon. If they let the character be for a while then he will likely be brought back via reboot.
[Reply]
banecat 02:33 AM 05-20-2018
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
To go along with the comic book continuity?

If anyone picks up the mantle of Captain America immediately... it will likely either be Bucky or Falcon. If they let the character be for a while then he will likely be brought back via reboot.
Didn't know that. But they needed, or will need to do a lot to keep the comic continuity
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 05-20-2018
Finally saw it yesterday. They need to stop releasing this shit when I have fieldwork to do!

It was good. It was really good to see everybody on screen. They did a great job of managing it all.

Holland’s performance as he was fading away hit hard. That was really really good filmmaking. I watched an emergency awesome video where he made an interesting connection. He said his first scene on the film was his Spidey sense standing up his hair and before he started fading away he said he didn’t feel so good whereas everybody else it just happened. His Spidey sense told him something bad was going to happen before it did. Quality shit there.

Problem is though, as soon as he faded away I thought “Nope. They’re getting them all back”. It took me out of it. It’s not the movie or the writings fault. It’s mine. But it happened.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:08 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Finally saw it yesterday. They need to stop releasing this shit when I have fieldwork to do!

It was good. It was really good to see everybody on screen. They did a great job of managing it all.

Holland’s performance as he was fading away hit hard. That was really really good filmmaking. I watched an emergency awesome video where he made an interesting connection. He said his first scene on the film was his Spidey sense standing up his hair and before he started fading away he said he didn’t feel so good whereas everybody else it just happened. His Spidey sense told him something bad was going to happen before it did. Quality shit there.

Problem is though, as soon as he faded away I thought “Nope. They’re getting them all back”. It took me out of it. It’s not the movie or the writings fault. It’s mine. But it happened.
That was the only thing, I thought maybe this was the way they would get rid of the older guys that they needed to get rid of. I believe the Black Panther was the third guy to go and I said, nope, they are all or most coming back.

But then again, you have to look at this as one big movie and the second one is just the second half of it. Most movies the bad guy wins at some point and you know the good guys are going to come out on top at some point, you just don't know how.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:31 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
That was the only thing, I thought maybe this was the way they would get rid of the older guys that they needed to get rid of. I believe the Black Panther was the third guy to go and I said, nope, they are all or most coming back.

But then again, you have to look at this as one big movie and the second one is just the second half of it. Most movies the bad guy wins at some point and you know the good guys are going to come out on top at some point, you just don't know how.
Right. And I’m trying not to let it adversely affect my view of the movie. It’s my fault not marvel.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:34 AM 05-21-2018
I need more Dr. Strange vs Thanos. That was awesome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:

They already have contracts and or announced release dates for GotGIII, SpideyII with Holland, Black PantherII etc. they are not fooling anyone. Some may "really" die in AV4 but to make it seem that they all just died in AV3, who's going to buy that.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:10 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Finally saw this... had to be the longest ending credit crawl in history. Nice how Disney made sure they didn't drop an F-bomb at the end. I was left with mostly being sad at how it ended and Thanos is really short sighted in his solutions...
In one review, a guy brought up a good point. If the gauntlet allows you to do anything, why couldn't Thanos make there be more than enough food and lower birth rates to control populations? Well, because it would mean there is no movie, but it's a funny way to look at it.

I liked the comic book motivation more, when he was trying to impress Death.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:09 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
They already have contracts and or announced release dates for GotGIII, SpideyII with Holland, Black PantherII etc. they are not fooling anyone. Some may "really" die in AV4 but to make it seem that they all just died in AV3, who's going to buy that.
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all fucking nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

I think they know they’re not fooling all of us but the film independent of the media coverage shouldn’t be judged on account of it.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:47 AM 05-21-2018
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all fucking nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

I think they know they’re not fooling all of us but the film independent of the media coverage shouldn’t be judged on account of it.
Eh, I wouldn't think most people would believe that Black Panther is dead right after introducing him regardless of their awareness of future plans.

Though I agree that the knowledge that some characters will certainly be back took a bit away from the emotional impact of the ending, I have to think that the creative team knew that's how it would land and were fine with it. These are superhero films after all - they don't want to be TOO depressing.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:44 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, I wouldn't think most people would believe that Black Panther is dead right after introducing him regardless of their awareness of future plans.

Though I agree that the knowledge that some characters will certainly be back took a bit away from the emotional impact of the ending, I have to think that the creative team knew that's how it would land and were fine with it. These are superhero films after all - they don't want to be TOO depressing.

[Reply]
Rausch 10:21 AM 05-22-2018
Well, like I said that’s our fault, not necessarily the film’s. We are all ****ing nerds and dive into everything we can about these films.

This film was based off an almost 30 year old comic storyline.

SPOILERS - they aren't going to murder their cinematic universe (cash cow.)
[Reply]
beach tribe 06:16 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Swanman:
In one review, a guy brought up a good point. If the gauntlet allows you to do anything, why couldn't Thanos make there be more than enough food and lower birth rates to control populations? Well, because it would mean there is no movie, but it's a funny way to look at it.

I liked the comic book motivation more, when he was trying to impress Death.
That's simple:

1)He came to the conclusion that genocidal population control was the only solution to Titans problem long before he ever set out to obtain the gauntlet.

2) he needed to see the results of this cut in population to confirm to himself and whoever may have questioned the idea, that it was the answer to the problem at the time, and would have worked.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:20 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
That's simple:

1)He came to the conclusion that genocidal population control was the only solution to Titans problem long before he ever set out to obtain the gauntlet.

2) he needed to see the results of this cut in population to confirm to himself and whoever may have questioned the idea, that it was the answer to the problem at the time, and would have worked.
And

3) It's a comic book movie. They're not exactly 100% logical. As another example, the Wakandans have super-advanced technology and badass rhinos that are trained in combat. But for an alien invasion? Let's just end out foot soldiers for hand-to-hand combat.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:03 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
And

3) It's a comic book movie. They're not exactly 100% logical. As another example, the Wakandans have super-advanced technology and badass rhinos that are trained in combat. But for an alien invasion? Let's just end out foot soldiers for hand-to-hand combat.
Russo Bros ripped off Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman plot
[Reply]
Page 48 of 64
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up