ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
wazu 02:06 PM 02-22-2024

A big development in KC: Chiefs are signing former Bills punter Matt Araiza, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) February 22, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:36 PM 02-22-2024
Townsend’s last punt as a Chief will be that fateful muffed punt by the 49ers play.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:36 PM 02-22-2024
I remember reading about this guy getting cleared and thinking man, that fucking sucks he's never going to get a career he earned.

Good on Andy and Veach.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:36 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sorry, don't get it.

I don't have any real opinion on the controversy, but he will be controversial fair or not. If this is just to give Townsend free agent competition there are a million who can do it without controversy. So why not just do that?

In Townsend we have a real good one and I really don't want to **** with the guy who holds for a kicker on an absolute tear right now. I hope araiza finds a good gig somewhere. He deserves it. I just don't think this is worth it
Butker is entering a contract year next year and he's 100% getting paid big money as he rightfully deserves.

This is a perfect way to afford that cost bc this kid can make a punt from his own end zone to the opponents 20 yard line.

He's gonna be awesome for field position
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Araiza had an 82 yard punt in his first preseason game
Yeah, I saw some dipshit on Twitter go with "Ha! Just a touchback..."

Yeah - 62 yard nets are just the goddamn worst, aren't they?

That said, I think TBs start at the 25 on punts next year now don't they? He will need to improve in that area. I suspect he can. With that kind of leg strength, just put it higher and let your guys run under it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
Interesting. I guess if Townsend wanted big money he can look elsewhere. This seems like a great move.
[Reply]
notorious 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
Oh fuck Buffalo fan is going to LOVE this. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
"It's like they're rubbing our noses in it.

I seriously hate them more than NE.
"

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...ge/3/#comments
There's also a thread about how they should sign Blaine Gabbert as a back up... :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 02:39 PM 02-22-2024
I'll eat crow on it. I wrote him off to die.

I still wonder if he is a piece of shit for even being in the proximity of it, and if so, how that will mesh with Butker, but I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:40 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Townsend hasn't been consistent. For every great punt...he's had a shit one.
I mean, I wouldn't go that far about inconsistency though I agree he was more inconsistent this year. he's still one of the better punters in the league. And i can't help but wonder how much battling injuries all year might have something to do with that. We said the same about butker last season.

I care a lot more about the holding than the punting. And Townsend has finally got it down where araiza was trying to learn it. I dunno... Given the season butker had I don't want to mess with it
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:40 PM 02-22-2024
DiqLix is down even worse than previously thought possible
[Reply]
New World Order 02:41 PM 02-22-2024
82 yard punt in preseason game vs the Colts. Having trouble embedding:

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:41 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Another kick in the teeth to Bills Mafia...
Oh they MAD MAD :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Change about what? It's a lot more about Townsend than araiza. I don't really want to **** with something that isn't broken. I have no issues whatsoever with araiza getting a work somewhere. He deserves it.
Townsend is going to get a pretty decent payday and Arazia is a better kicker. Dont overthink it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:43 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I'll eat crow on it. I wrote him off to die.

I still wonder if he is a piece of shit for even being in the proximity of it, and if so, how that will mesh with Butker, but I guess we'll see.
Agreed. That's where I'm at too. But end of the day if he can play and help, I didn't carme about tyreek because dude could play and I won't care for araiza if he can play. I just don't know if Townsend is as replaceable as we think
[Reply]
wheeler08 02:44 PM 02-22-2024
Brett Veach has done it again!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up