ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 319
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because you can likely have just as good a chance at getting a starting LT at 31 as you could by trading up. This is a very good OT class and there's no reason to throw away picks when you're not guaranteed anything.
Yeah, I'd much rather take my chances with a talent like Slater than anyone I could get at 32.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:14 PM 02-17-2021
Some mock drafts have us taking OL Wyatt Davis
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, I'd much rather take my chances with a talent like Slater than anyone I could get at 32.
You're literally giving away a king's ransom to go get Slater. It would likely cost multiple picks in the first three rounds and at least 2 first round picks.

That's crazy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:15 PM 02-17-2021
How many playoff games did DJ win?

DJ was a complete waste of a draft pick in hindsight. Great player but ultimately a LB. The only time he played on a defense that was worth a shit was when he had pass rushers in front of him and DB's behind him.

That's what makes an NFL defense go, more than anything else.
Yeah, I'll never forget the majority of CP hoping that DJ fell to number 15 while Aaron Rodgers was still on the board...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:16 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
This team took CEH last year at the end of the first round, and that wasn't a glaring need at the time.
Wrong
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:16 PM 02-17-2021
You're literally giving away a king's ransom to go get Slater. It would likely cost multiple picks in the first three rounds and at least 2 first round picks.

That's crazy.
:-) Based on what?!? You think he's going top 5? There's a very real chance a talent like Slater or Derrisaw drops out of the top 10 considering the QB craze, the WR prospects, and the defensive talents.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 02-17-2021
:-) Based on what?!? You think he's going top 5? There's a very real chance a talent like Slater or Derrisaw drops out of the top 10 considering the QB craze, the WR prospects, and the defensive talents.
Neither of them last past 14 in any of the mocks I've seen.

Sorry man, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. You've lost your mind over this.

There isn't an alternate universe anywhere where a LT is worth as much or more in draft capital as Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:19 PM 02-17-2021
I'm not comfortable penciling in anybody that's completely unknown at the most important position on the offensive line.
Well, if you are in the camp that we should extend Fisher rather than simply move on from him, then Niang getting a chance at LT makes the most sense. If you spend FA money on the position, then Fisher is done here.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:21 PM 02-17-2021
I haven’t dug into the OT class as much as some here have, but I watched about every interview and read every report about when they took Fisher and trey did so because of his athletic ability, speed/movement ability and upside. I think once I start to dig in and identify the OTs that best fit that skill set, it will give us an idea of the pool of guys likely to be on the Chiefs board in the first. They want OTs that can get out and run and misdirection and screens to block linebackers and secondary guys. That’s why they invested in Fisher.

The only way I could see them moving up to get an OT is if there’s a run on them in the 20s and the group of OT targets they have dwindles down to 1 or 2 in the mid 20s...even then I’m not sure I can see it.

That’s how Veach got into trouble drafting Breeland Speaks and I’m sure he learned that lesson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:21 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Well, if you are in the camp that we should extend Fisher rather than simply move on from him, then Niang getting a chance at LT makes the most sense. If you spend FA money on the position, then Fisher is done here.
I think if you spend a 1st round pick on a LT, especially if they trade up like some people want, Fisher is done here.

This all hinges on Fisher. If they restructure and extend him, it's unlikely we're going to see anybody other than a FA stop gap or someone like Niang at LT until Fisher gets back.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:22 PM 02-17-2021
You're literally giving away a king's ransom to go get Slater. It would likely cost multiple picks in the first three rounds and at least 2 first-round picks.

That's crazy.
I don't like the thought process of "giving up 2 firsts." You're giving up one, the other would be used anyhow. So, you're giving up the chance to add one player next year to get a better player this year.

Now, I agree it probably takes more than just the 1st, probably a 3rd or 4th in there too, to get up to the range to take Darrisaw (probably 13-14). Slater will probably go even higher.

I absolutely love Darrisaw and I think there's a clear, significant dropoff in talent after Darrisaw at the position (i.e. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw).

That said, I agree there could be a talented OT that falls to 31. There's a good chance Cosmi is there and I'd roll the dice on that kid for sure.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:23 PM 02-17-2021
Neither of them last past 14 in any of the mocks I've seen.

Sorry man, we're gonna have to agree to disagree. You've lost your mind over this.

There isn't an alternate universe anywhere where a LT is worth as much or more in draft capital as Patrick Mahomes.
:-) We threw a first and second at Seattle for Frank fucking Clark. I'm more than comfortable giving that up to move up and grab a guy like Slater. I think he's an absolutely perfect fit for this offense and a decade plus starter for us. But we can agree to disagree here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't like the thought process of "giving up 2 firsts." You're giving up one, the other would be used anyhow. So, you're giving up the chance to add one player next year to get a better player this year.

Now, I agree it probably takes more than just the 1st, probably a 3rd or 4th in there too, to get up to the range to take Darrisaw (probably 13-14). Slater will probably go even higher.

I absolutely love Darrisaw and I think there's a clear, significant dropoff in talent after Darrisaw at the position (i.e. Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw).

That said, I agree there could be a talented OT that falls to 31. There's a good chance Cosmi is there and I'd roll the dice on that kid for sure.
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 02-17-2021
:-) We threw a first and second at Seattle for Frank fucking Clark. I'm more than comfortable giving that up to move up and grab a guy like Slater. I think he's an absolutely perfect fit for this offense and a decade plus starter for us. But we can agree to disagree here.
The fact that we gave up so much to get Clark doesn't mean it was actually a good move.

In fact, I think a lot of the board thinks it was a BAD move.

All the more reason not to repeat the process out of panic.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:24 PM 02-17-2021
So you're giving up next year's #1 and probably a #3 or #4 to "take a chance"?

That's a surefire way to end up 7-9 for the next few seasons.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 319
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up