ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 58
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

pugsnotdrugs19 02:24 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Until we know the guaranteed money, I wouldn't make too much of the contract. If it's anything like Watkins, it's essentially a 2-year deal that will count $7-8M against the 2019 cap. That's actually not a bad contract at all.
Actually could see Mathieu making it through all three years given that his deal is more in line with what other safeties will be making at his level.
FAX 02:31 PM 03-12-2019
Until we know the guaranteed money, I wouldn't make too much of the contract. If it's anything like Watkins, it's essentially a 2-year deal that will count $7-8M against the 2019 cap. That's actually not a bad contract at all.
I suppose we'll find out. The final price/value benefit is an open question at this point.

BTW, why are the Chiefs still carrying dead money on Kareem Hunt (just noticed that for the first time)? It's almost 500k!!!!!!

Damn it to hell!!! Shouldn't the league forgive that since the franchise DID THE RIGHT THING according to them and practically everyone else involved with the NFL? He couldn't have played anyhow since he was heading for the exempt list!!!

Why punish the Chiefs?

This is wrong, man.

FAX
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:33 PM 03-12-2019

So much work to do....

— Tyrann Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) March 12, 2019

The Franchise 02:35 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Well....he's met the rest of the defense apparently.
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:37 PM 03-12-2019
Love it.
htismaqe 02:39 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
:-)
BigRedChief 02:45 PM 03-12-2019
:-) well played sir, well played
Warrick 02:50 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
None of his hits really push people back. People will gain an additional few yards after he makes contact. Only downside

I wonder how we intend to use him.. probably as a joker role doing everything.

I’m not convinced he has the build to play as a box safety over the course of a year. Nor am I sure he can take on fullbacks or tight ends in the run game.
You might want to watch some of his highlights again.
chiefforlife 02:50 PM 03-12-2019
Must have started watching film from last year!!
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I suppose we'll find out. The final price/value benefit is an open question at this point.

BTW, why are the Chiefs still carrying dead money on Kareem Hunt (just noticed that for the first time)? It's almost 500k!!!!!!

Damn it to hell!!! Shouldn't the league forgive that since the franchise DID THE RIGHT THING according to them and practically everyone else involved with the NFL? He couldn't have played anyhow since he was heading for the exempt list!!!

Why punish the Chiefs?

This is wrong, man.

FAX
The Chiefs very clearly punished the Chiefs in this case. There was no reason to rush to such a decision.
Chargem 03:12 PM 03-12-2019
Not read the whole thread, but if we are keeping Berry this year I can see this creates a lot of options that Spags will love, both Berry and Honey Badger could blitz, cover, come up against the run, play center field - it lets you hide a lot of things pre snap from a QB.
htismaqe 03:28 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Not read the whole thread, but if we are keeping Berry this year I can see this creates a lot of options that Spags will love, both Berry and Honey Badger could blitz, cover, come up against the run, play center field - it lets you hide a lot of things pre snap from a QB.
What gives you any confidence Berry can do any of those things at this point? He was terrible at the end of last year.
St. Patty's Fire 03:37 PM 03-12-2019
dead :-)
Chargem 03:41 PM 03-12-2019
What gives you any confidence Berry can do any of those things at this point? He was terrible at the end of last year.
I wouldn't say he played terrible. From memory I thought he looked good against LA and then average to above average but easily not himself his other two games. I maintain he was the best safety who played against the Patriots, despite the highlight morons remembering him giving up a catch to Gronk and spouting that he was "owned all game".

And I mean, I don't know anything about his physical situation, but he didn't look "done" to me, and he was better than Sorenson or any of that other shit we trotted out last year. If he's on the roster at the end of the week either the Chiefs think he can play and they are right or they are morons :-)

It's a risk either way.
htismaqe 03:43 PM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I wouldn't say he played terrible. From memory I thought he looked good against LA and then average to above average but easily not himself his other two games. I maintain he was the best safety who played against the Patriots, despite the highlight morons remembering him giving up a catch to Gronk and spouting that he was "owned all game".

And I mean, I don't know anything about his physical situation, but he didn't look "done" to me, and he was better than Sorenson or any of that other shit we trotted out last year. If he's on the roster at the end of the week either the Chiefs think he can play and they are right or they are morons :-)

It's a risk either way.
He was the slowest person in the secondary against New England. No, he wasn't better than Sorenson, especially not in that game.
Page 41 of 58
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up