ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 58
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs close to a deal with Tyrann Mathieu (now confirmed)
Dante84 05:22 PM 03-11-2019

The Chiefs are close to a deal with S Tyrann Mathieu, I’m told

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) March 11, 2019

Former Texans’ S Tyrann Mathieu intends to sign a three-year, $42 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per a league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2019

htismaqe 11:02 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Like Hitchens?

Though I do think that the 4-3 switch and another year here will make that deal damn palatable going forward. Especially now that off-ball linebackers are being paid like pass-rushers.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't play out his whole contract at this point. For as bad as that deal looked last season, deals being signed right now could make that look like a bargain as early as next year.
Hitchens will be better in the 4-3. I've watched him going all the way back to college. Last year was the worst I've ever seen.
pugsnotdrugs19 11:05 AM 03-12-2019
Hitchens is a prime example of how important coaching will be for the improvement of this defense. That guy looked so out of place often times. I just think Sutton had him trying to be 2013 Derrick Johnson out there and that’s a lot to ask of anyone.

He’ll do much better in this defense if I had to bet. And like you suggested, the contract will look pretty decent soon.
The Franchise 11:06 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hitchens is a prime example of how important coaching will be for the improvement of this defense. That guy looked so out of place often times. I just think Sutton had him trying to be 2013 Derrick Johnson out there and that’s a lot to ask of anyone.

He’ll do much better in this defense if I had to bet. And like you suggested, the contract will look pretty decent soon.
Soon? The moment that Mosley signed his contract....the Hitchens deal looked decent.
pugsnotdrugs19 11:09 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Soon? The moment that Mosley signed his contract....the Hitchens deal looked decent.
Yeah that deal is just AIDS for NYJ.

I’d hold out if I was Luke or Bobby.
htismaqe 11:09 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. And if he plays better in 2019, it could turn into a downright steal.
PAChiefsGuy 11:18 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
We all have a right to our own opinions but here’s my view on the Chiefs and their FA approach.

Every team overspends on pretty much every player. They mostly all get more than they should in theory. So if I’m gonna overpay for a player, at least give me someone who can be a true difference maker, a legit talented playmaker.

Are Watkins and Mathieu overpaid on a per year basis? Probably. But at least those guys are the types who can win a game for you here and there. Most of the dudes who get these big deals aren’t that far from being JAG.
I wouldn't say every team overspends. Pats dont and it is one of the reasons they always win. Steelers don't either. obviously recently Steelers have struggled but overall they are a consistent playoff team and have won 6 SBs. Id say the Seahawks tend to not overspend as well.

I just dont think it is a good idea for the Chiefs to always sign FAs to big contracts. Too risky. FAs are a hit or a miss. Drafting well is so important cause you can replace the guys who leave in FA that way.

We will see what happens w this kid we got but I am not a fan of the Hitchens or Watkins signings at all.
htismaqe 11:22 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I wouldn't say every team overspends. Pats dont and it is one of the reasons they always win. Steelers don't either. obviously recently Steelers have struggled but overall they are a consistent playoff team and have won 6 SBs. Id say the Seahawks tend to not overspend as well.

I just dont think it is a good idea for the Chiefs to always sign FAs to big contracts. Too risky. FAs are a hit or a miss. Drafting well is so important cause you can replace the guys who leave in FA that way.

We will see what happens w this kid we got but I am not a fan of the Hitchens or Watkins signings at all.
The Patriots and Steelers have (had) franchise QBs. Everything else is easy when you have those guys. The Chiefs will change over time with Mahomes too.
tredadda 11:22 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

NE is an exception to the rule. They have been able to do it because they have a combo of arguably the greatest HC and greatest QB of all time paired together. Plus Brady has never been paid equal to his true value which freed up money to spread to other players. Teams have to strike a balance when it comes to the draft and FA. No team will hit on every draft pick nor will they hit on every FA. They just can't go crazy like the NYJ do with FAs.
htismaqe 11:23 AM 03-12-2019
By the way, the Patriots aren't THAT good at drafting. Especially on offense.

And the reason the Seahawks have fallen off in recent years is because they've been awful at the draft the past few seasons.
MotherfuckerJones 11:34 AM 03-12-2019
Hitchens basically turned into Kendrell Bell 2.0. Now, I think he’ll be good back in his true position in the 43.
RunKC 11:35 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
By the way, the Patriots aren't THAT good at drafting. Especially on offense.

And the reason the Seahawks have fallen off in recent years is because they've been awful at the draft the past few seasons.
They are really good as drafting if you count UDFA
Beef Supreme 11:37 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They are really good at undrafting?
The Franchise 11:44 AM 03-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You mean the part of the draft where the players get to pick their team?

I wonder why players would want to go to New England.
Kiimo 11:44 AM 03-12-2019
The bitching around here right after a good pickup is completely exhausting.
xztop123 11:50 AM 03-12-2019
I’ve always felt our team was too tall at certain positions. Lacking change of direction. This is a replacement for Sorensen who was too tall for the current league.

The patriots all run “agility” routes and since they’re the team we need to beat. We need to get more agile and “shorter” in the positions that cover them.

The injury concerns about Tyrann are justified.

https://youtu.be/xM_obF4AoeE

He appears to play fundamentally very sound
Page 39 of 58
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up