bdj23 02:12 PM 06-22-2017
Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:24 PM 06-22-2017
Me today when I heard the news.

[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 06-22-2017
You know, we could bitch about this for days/weeks/months/forever, and no doubt some of you will, but at the end of the day..... what's done is done. I was bummed when they shitcanned Maclin (just the Mizzou fan in me, Dane - don't taze me, bro! :-) ), but he's gone. They're both gone and they're not coming back.

So we move on and just pray we don't get saddled with another fucking saboteur like Pioli.
[Reply]
threebag 08:26 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Do you know what's hilarious and SO fucking Chiefsplanet?

If Hunt fired Reid, the guy that's led them to 4 straight winning seasons and the first playoff win in 23 years, there are people here that would be ECSTATIC.

Meanwhile, the guy that signed bad contracts to multiple players and has been widely criticized on CP was fired, now it's all over.

:-)
All of this.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:26 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
If Mahomes pans out, he will be a Chief for 15 years. We will cycle through every other position including head coach during that period. We need a great GM for Mahomes to reach his full potential. Dorsey was that guy.
Take heart. We just signed Regular Season Reid to a long-term deal instead.

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:29 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
This take here makes the most sense. Good read.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...rom-the-chiefs
:-)

Hard to disagree with that. Dorsey was terrible concerning free agents, contracts, and the cap.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:29 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Me today when I heard the news.

Take it easy, Lew...

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:31 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by :
▪ Reid, who was in charge of personnel toward the end in Philadelphia, will not do the same here.

▪ Reid was told about Dorsey, but not asked to approve or give input on the decision.

▪ The Chiefs’ structure of the coach, general manager, and team president reporting equally to Hunt will not change. Hunt will conduct the interviews and hire Dorsey’s replacement.

That’s what I know to be true. Additionally, here is what I believe to be true:

▪ Reid did not force Dorsey out, but Hunt didn’t come up with this idea by himself. He is far more in touch with the Chiefs day-to-day than many think, and would not have done this if he thought Reid or others in football operations would have a major problem. He must’ve heard or seen issues with how Dorsey did his job.

▪ This was not a reaction to the amateurish way that wide receiver Jeremy Maclin’s release was handled, the player saying he learned from a voicemail, and was never asked to take a pay cut. Hunt is not a reactionary, and besides, we haven’t heard Dorsey’s side of what happened.

▪ Hunt decided his team transitioning from abject embarrassment in 2012 immediately into its most successful run in two decades was done because of the coaching and perhaps even in spite of the personnel and salary cap management.

And, now, one thing I suspect could be true:

▪ Perhaps this all broke down around negotiations for a contract extension. Hunt had been consistent — even after the end of the 2016 season — that he expected a long-term deal for Dorsey, whose contract was to expire after the 2017 season. Dorsey could have asked for too much, whether in money or years or an out to take the job in Green Bay if it opened.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:31 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Bill Polian was GM in Indy for 13 years.

During that time he had FOUR head coaches.

Cdcox is spot on.
No, Geno
[Reply]
okcchief 08:31 PM 06-22-2017
The thing that amuses me the most is the most bitched about thing on this board is Alex Smith. Who extended him before he needed to? Again, Reid probably had as much input on that, but people love to create their own little disasters. Dorsey was pretty much hand picked when Reid was already hired. Reid deserves as much credit/blame from the roster as far as I can tell. The cap situation and bad contracts are clearly on the GM. I could be wrong, but that's my perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
-King- 08:32 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Dorsey is widely recognized as one of the best GMs in the NFL. His future is ahead of him. This will likely be be Reid's last contract and his best season culminated in poor clock management and his QB puking on the field.
Dorsey basically did nothing his first year and Reid still took the team to the playoffs. We have no idea how good Dorsey is because Reid is just so good as a coach he can make anything work. And I think it's funny how people blame Reid for Alex but give praise to Dorsey for all the other personnel decisions.

And are you saying we won't get better with mahomes? Why was last yr Reid's best season?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:33 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy
"Working theory", Geno.

Learn how to read, Buttfuck.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:34 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
And I think it's funny how people blame Reid for Alex but give praise to Dorsey for all the other personnel decisions.

Posted via Mobile Device
And that about covers it....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 PM 06-22-2017
No, Geno
So suddenly Andy Reid is Bill Belichick in your mind.

Incredible.

This is the same crap that brought Carl and Marty down. They were a dynamite combo for eight years and then egos and power struggle started getting in the way and ruined everything.

Fucking shame.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 PM 06-22-2017
"Working theory", Geno.

Learn how to read, Buttfuck.
Don't shoot the fucking messenger you incredible fucking asshole. Jesus Christ, dude. You are just a straight up nasty person.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:38 PM 06-22-2017
From Terez. If this is true then Clark Hunt should die in an AIDS fire...

Originally Posted by :
“My hunch, guys, is I think it was money,” Terez said. “This is the time of year they’re negotiating. Notice how Big Red gets his extension. And then John Dorsey wants his extension and decides it’s not gonna work out. What if they decided they were just so far apart on the money there was no bridging the gap? Maybe that’s possible.

“I can tell you guys that I’ve been told from sources that people in the organization knew John Dorsey wanted an extension. That’s true. I can also tell you, he wanted to get paid. He was seeking a payday, fellas. This news can only come out now if they knew they weren’t going to pay whatever his price tag was.”

[Reply]
Page 59 of 137
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Up