ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 36
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Please delete my account...
Taco John 09:24 PM 11-09-2003
Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'


Adios!

Taco
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:57 AM 11-10-2003
LOL

This is just too priceless to pass up. The last time TJ got all riled up over this, I was involved with "slandering" our local shit stirrer. I called TJ a beaner, and he called me a racist. He said that I was a blatant bigot. What he failed to understand was that I'm also partially Hispanic. I was ribbing him for being so thin skinned on a BB of all places. It's one thing to be derogatory to a person you are communicating with over a BB (which is an insane arena anyway), it's completely different if you are doing this in person, or over a phone. For TJ to get so bent over this on a Chiefs BB forum is hilarious, IMO.

I say good riddence to the FN putz.
[Reply]
shakesthecat 09:57 AM 11-10-2003
What I don't understand is, who has the gun at Taco's head, forcing him to log on to the Planet.

The poor guy obviously doesn't want to be here, but apparently some evil Chief fan forces him to post against his will.
[Reply]
Archie F. Swin 09:57 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by MrBlond:
Well, I for one am only here to inflate my post count. That and bagging on TJ is always good for some cheap rep.

yep . . same here . . . I'm an attention whore in training, Still trying to lean how to post without consulting my heart or mind . . . just the debil on my shoulder
[Reply]
ndbbm 09:58 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
It's amazing how white people think everyone's so sensitive. I guess it has to do with the fact that we've never dealt with abuse in this manner. Maybe if we had we'd feel different.
You're in the wrong line of work dude. Ask a white cop if he's ever been insulted racially.
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:00 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
So I guess if I were call, say, Priest Holmes, a ******, that it's okay and everyone should ignore it?

If I call Tony Gonzalez a spic, then it should just be ignored?

They are words of hate. Ignoring them isn't going to make the problem going away. Of course, neither is crying about it--but to ignore it is even worse IMHO.

It's amazing how white people think everyone's so sensitive. I guess it has to do with the fact that we've never dealt with abuse in this manner. Maybe if we had we'd feel different.

MM
~~:-)
'everyone' wouldnt ignore it, but my guess is Priest or Tony probably wouldnt breakdown crying and start posting messages on this BB about how hurt he was because Mark called them bad names or my new favorite term 'words of hate'--oooh sounds so sinister.

No, to the contrary, the word police would be out in full force and you would spend the rest of your natural born life paying penance for a stupid remark and the word police would never let you live it down.

As far as being white and never having to endure abuse, sorry, bud, you've got that wrong...Im not going to go into it, because it's of no consequence, that was a good response, almost text book.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:04 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
So I guess if I were call, say, Priest Holmes, a ******, that it's okay and everyone should ignore it?

If I call Tony Gonzalez a spic, then it should just be ignored?

They are words of hate. Ignoring them isn't going to make the problem going away. Of course, neither is crying about it--but to ignore it is even worse IMHO.

It's amazing how white people think everyone's so sensitive. I guess it has to do with the fact that we've never dealt with abuse in this manner. Maybe if we had we'd feel different.

MM
~~:-)
:-)

Yes, words of hate. Everthing that comes from the fingers of TJ could be summed up as words of hate. Oh, he diguises them as "friendly smaque", but don't kid yourself. His posts are full of hatred. It's just that many just continue to let his words of hate roll off their backs, because this is just a MESSGAGE BB.
[Reply]
redsurfer11 10:13 AM 11-10-2003
Taco, you're too much of an attention whore to stay away. You come over here to Bait and Troll for reactions from Chiefs fans.Now you get a reaction from a Chiefs fan that you don't like. Go slip back under that rock you came from. This is your Junkie Fix. You asked for it, and you got it.
[Reply]
Talisman 10:15 AM 11-10-2003
I think I would react similarly if someone called my mom a Canadian. Mixing up my mother's country of origin and then calling her the proper term for people from that area is the worst insult ever in my book. :-)
[Reply]
Mark M 10:16 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
Mark - Actually, I agree with you, partially anyway. I won't get into semantics with you, but white people are ridiculed on a daily basis and we are expected to ignore it - IMO that is a huge disparity that causes the issue you address above.

TJ shouldn't have ignored it at all if he felt so incensed about the issue. But an adult would have addressed the issue as an adult, not put a post on the board crying out for attention.

Something else to take into account, TJ owns his own BB and has for years. He knows the correct way to handle such issues. He even admitted that he would have handled the issue differently on his own board and that the action I took was appropriate if I were a Mange Moderator. TJ knew the action he took was inappropriate and was done solely to whore for attention.

I brought it up first (regardless of who Titus gives credit to :-) ), TJ cannot just slink off into the goodnight, but probably hates this board more and more everyday. His inflammatory posts have caught up with him and he is sick of eating crow. This way he gets to leave without being called a coward and still gets his attention. He is no better than the people out of control that he moderates on his own board - as an adult and a moderator, he should know better.
Oh, I don't disagree that TJ handled this the wrong way. I agree that he can't admit when he is wrong and this a convenient way for him to leave as a "victim."

But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay. Which is what I see some folks doing here. Just because TJ's been a jerk for so long, it's okay to insult him for his heritage. Sorry, but I disagree with that.

And like both ChiTown and Titus pointed out, racism isn't just a white issue--I lived in southeast DC, in a building of 800 people where I was the ONLY white guy. So I'm well aware of how it works the other way. Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it. So for me to say "well, they just have thin skin" is, IMHO not the way to handle it.

I feel as though bringing up anyone's race for any reason is unjustified. Instead of saying "this black guy I work with," I just say "this guy I work with." That doesn't make me perfect or culturally sensitive or anything else--I just fail to see how race matters in 99.99% of situations. To bring it up in an insult is just plain wrong, again, IMHO.

MM
~~:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:22 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay.
There is some discernable difference between 'okay' and 'Armageddon.'
Needling taco's Achilles heel [I'm sorry, was that Greco-phobic?] in his sensitivity to his ancestry might not be the height of discourse, but it's not neccesary to break out the ash and sack-cloth, and the flagellum.
[Reply]
KCWolfman 10:24 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There is some discernable difference between 'okay' and 'Armageddon.'
Needling taco's Achilles heel [I'm sorry, was that Greco-phobic?] in his sensitivity to his ancestry might not be the height of discourse, but it's not neccesary to break out the ash and sack-cloth, and the flagellum.
You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 10:27 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
Oh, I don't disagree that TJ handled this the wrong way. I agree that he can't admit when he is wrong and this a convenient way for him to leave as a "victim."

But this isn't the first time someone's thrown racial smack out there towards TJ, only to have some folks spin it so that it's okay. Which is what I see some folks doing here. Just because TJ's been a jerk for so long, it's okay to insult him for his heritage. Sorry, but I disagree with that.

And like both ChiTown and Titus pointed out, racism isn't just a white issue--I lived in southeast DC, in a building of 800 people where I was the ONLY white guy. So I'm well aware of how it works the other way. Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it. So for me to say "well, they just have thin skin" is, IMHO not the way to handle it.

I feel as though bringing up anyone's race for any reason is unjustified. Instead of saying "this black guy I work with," I just say "this guy I work with." That doesn't make me perfect or culturally sensitive or anything else--I just fail to see how race matters in 99.99% of situations. To bring it up in an insult is just plain wrong, again, IMHO.

MM
~~:-)


So_why_do_blacks_continue_to_call_themselves_African_Americans?

Hispanics_Latin_Americans?_Why_not_just_plain_Americans?

Minorities_do_as_much_as_any_racist_to_contribute_to_the_social_divide.

They_need_thicker_skin_or_they_need_to_drop_the_BS_and_join_their_fellow_countrymen_as_Americans.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:29 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by KCWolfman:
You do realize your vague references are generally lost on the majority, kind of like Dennis Miller. Unlike Miller, at least you are funny.
Did you mean to type 'obscure?' :-)
[Reply]
Talisman 10:31 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by raiderhader:
So_why_do_blacks_continue_to_call_themselves_African_Americans?

Hispanics_Latin_Americans?_Why_not_just_plain_Americans?

Minorities_do_as_much_as_any_racist_to_contribute_to_the_social_divide.

They_need_thicker_skin_or_they_need_to_drop_the_BS_and_join_their_fellow_countrymen_as_Americans.
I'd like to buy a space, please Pat.
[Reply]
Brock 10:33 AM 11-10-2003
Originally Posted by Mark M:
Hell, I almost got shot just because of my skin color.

But, as a white guy, I haven't dealt with racism on the level as a black, hispanic, or even Jewish person has dealt with it.
Yeah, you've never had a word applied to you, but were nearly shot. You're just unlucky.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 36
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up