ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch
CarlosCarson27 08:42 PM 10-23-2020
Funny, Scarry, dumb, old,. New. Just any October horror flicks

Right now on TCM is the Blob. With Steve McQeen.1958

And after that ,1959.. THE TINGLER, with Vincent Price. Dun dun dunnnn
[Reply]
Frazod 02:43 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Been a while since I've watched that one, but if memory serves I'd have to agree... speaking of great horror movies you nailed another one, The Thing is outstanding

And the reboot actually wasn't half bad either IMO
It was actually a prequel. I enjoyed it as well. Wasn't nearly as good as the '82 film, though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:47 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was actually a prequel. I enjoyed it as well. Wasn't nearly as good as the '82 film, though.
That was a prequel, really? I'm sure you're right, it just seemed like the new one was set in a more modern era

Huh, learn something new every day
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:49 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Halloween (1978),Halloween 2,sometimes part 3,4,5,6.
Friday The 13th,almost any of those. Tis what i usually watch.
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Ok but when comes to 80s cheesy horror. If you've watched it multiple times, what's the allure? You know what's happening. You aren't scared. Is it now because it's funny ? Tradition?
My question was for Haysuse, but anyone else can answer it
[Reply]
Frazod 05:08 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That was a prequel, really? I'm sure you're right, it just seemed like the new one was set in a more modern era

Huh, learn something new every day
Easy to think that, since the plot was essentially the same.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:16 PM 10-24-2020
The Thing (one of my top 10 favs), Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead, Halloween. Thing is, I watched them all when there were no sports so I don't know if I'll watch them this year.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 05:21 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Thing (one of my top 10 favs), Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead, Halloween. Thing is, I watched them all when there were no sports so I don't know if I'll watch them this year.
The really old movie?
[Reply]
Stryker 11:14 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I've always liked 13 Ghosts
Yes! Good one - love the lawyers fate! :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 11:19 PM 10-24-2020
No but it is cool if you watch that one first and then watch The Thing after - they blend together so well.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:23 PM 10-24-2020
And much like the effects in Carpenter's The Thing, they still hold up.
Turned my 9 year old to this last week. He loved it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:24 PM 10-24-2020
Every Saturday night during October I stay up as late as I can and watch as many different scary movies as I can. Then wake up and watch NFL all day. One of my favorite months of the year!
[Reply]
Frazod 12:03 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Turned my 9 year old to this last week. He loved it.
Heh. I think that shit would have given me nightmares at 9, but it's a different world now. He probably sees worse shit than that in video games.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:04 AM 10-25-2020
The really old movie?
Pretty sure we're all talking about the '82 film. I've never even seen the original.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 01:16 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
For the entire month of October I make it a point to watch as many scary movies as possible, particularly the Halloweens.

That said, #3 sucks because there's no Michael Myers and #6 is actually pretty bad as well.

I tend to agree,being that i'm a big fan.I used to hate part 3 also because of the same reason,but if it werent called a Halloween movie,i think i'd like it better.And part 6 isnt great,but has some moments,there was a directors cut that came out a while ago,that was quite different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok but when comes to 80s cheesy horror. If you've watched it multiple times, what's the allure? You know what's happening. You aren't scared. Is it now because it's funny ? Tradition?
I don't really know,i've just always liked them,they actually did scare me as a kid.Maybe it is tradition,also the score in Halloween and Friday the 13th always draw me in,they really make the movies for me.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 01:57 AM 10-25-2020
Pretty sure we're all talking about the '82 film. I've never even seen the original.
I accidentally hit thumbs down!!! Sorry!!
Why can't you retract those?
[Reply]
Frazod 05:54 AM 10-25-2020
I accidentally hit thumbs down!!! Sorry!!
Why can't you retract those?
No worries. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up