ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>AFL Theme Music
gblowfish 10:47 AM 10-24-2020
When I was a kid, AFL Chiefs games were on NBC (Channel 4 in KC then). Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis were the main announce team. This is the theme music that played during the Show Opening. Pretty cool stuff!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:12 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Fascinating. Sounds like a late 60s spy movie score.
The AFL wanted their music to "sound like" popular themes that were already in the public's conscious which is why so many of those pieces sound like John Barry or Lalo Schrifin and so on.

Us composers can't do that today or we'll get sued. Nearly every Music Library has a Musicologist on staff to verify that the music they publish won't lead to copyright infringement cases.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 07:34 PM 10-24-2020
I only knew that theme music from the Full Color Football series - learnt me a little something. Thanks George

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
[Reply]
srvy 09:06 PM 10-24-2020
Thanks George I don't remember this song at all I guess the memory is fading. I couldn't stand Derogatis and was suspicious of Gowdy as He seemed to love the raiders and Boston. I did a search and he was born in Wyoming and I remember him on hunting and fishing outdoor shows but he lived most is adult life as a Masshole.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:08 PM 10-24-2020
Here's a little quiz. Tonight I was doing some work in my Batcave recording studio. What do these three songs have in common? No Googling or other cheating: 1) "Heavy Action" by Johnny Pearson; 2) "Gathering Clouds" by John Scott; and 3) "The Magnificent Eleven" by Sam Spence? I guarantee you have heard all these songs in your life many many times and would instantly recognize them.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:09 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
I only knew that theme music from the Full Color Football series - learnt me a little something. Thanks George

&fs=1" width="644" height="390">&fs=1" />">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Yes, this music was also used in the multi episode documentary about the AFL called "Full Color Football." If you guys haven't seen that, track it down and watch it. A must for any Chiefs fan to understand your roots, toots.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:23 PM 10-24-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
When I was a kid, AFL Chiefs games were on NBC (Channel 4 in KC then). Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis were the main announce team. This is the theme music that played during the Show Opening. Pretty cool stuff!

Pretty sure that’s Ron Burgundy on jazz flute.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:50 PM 10-24-2020
My favorite came this goofy movie:

[Reply]
gblowfish 09:44 AM 10-25-2020
Answers to Quiz: Heavy Action:

Gathering Clouds:

Magnificent Eleven:

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up