ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 100
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:34 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its pretty simple fellas. The Kansas City Chiefs will be the favorite in every post season game they play no matter how many games it ends up being this season.

Nobody WANTS to play THEM.
Was just going to post this. Nobody wants to play the Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:34 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why are we still talking about a team that KC doubled in yardage?
6 game winning streak.

First half of the season doesn't count, ancient history.

Josh Allen, MVP candidate.

That's just the first 3.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:14 AM 01-08-2021
Yesterday I watched the Chiefs/Ravens and Chiefs/Bills games. KC just whipped the Ravens all over the field the first half I stopped watching at half time.

KC literally steam rolled the Bills rushing for 245 yards. Mahomes was 21/26 passing for 225. Thats almost 9YPA. They barely passed because they didnt have to they ran it so well so their best CB bing out was non factor. Josh Allen was 14/27 for 122 yards and they ran for 84 yards as a team.

I dont care who was out for the Bills the game was never as close as the score.

I do wish we could go back to Kilgore at center and Allegretti at LG, they were opening massive holes.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:17 AM 01-08-2021
Thing we have consider who will be out for us. CEH, etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
They'll be okay with Bell back there.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:20 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Having the bye week may be more crucial this year than ever before given the landscape of everything going on with typical NFL injuries and the pandemic.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:23 AM 01-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They'll be okay with Bell back there.
Honestly I think Darrel Williams has looked like the better RB. I also think there is a good chance CEH will be back by the AFCCG.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:24 AM 01-08-2021
Honestly I think Darrel Williams has looked like the better RB. I also think there is a good chance CEH will be back by the AFCCG.
He needs to step up for sure
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:25 AM 01-08-2021
Clyde is supposed to be back next week.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 01-08-2021
Bell is just starting to get truly into the offense. He averaged 4.2ypc against NO and ATL. With the bye week to do more study, he's going to be ready to go.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 01-08-2021
Bell has been just fine, guys. He hasn't had many carries, but when he does get carries, he tends to get 3-4 yards. He's not a Mike Cloud who gets stuffed at the line, and he's certainly not Darwin Thompson, who has fumbling issues and a severe learning disorder. Or at least I assume he does.

He hasn't broken a 20+ yarder. That's why people are down on him. And to be honest, who would break open a 20+ yarder when you only get 10 or so carries a game and have Wylie and Reiter as two of your interior guys? Prime Jamaal Charles could do that. And I think that's about it.

Darrel Williams is a MUCH better short yardage back than people give him credit for, but he hasn't looked better than Bell on 1st and 2nd down. Not even close.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:08 AM 01-08-2021
I'm not down on Darrel Williams as some are....he's not a world beater by any stretch, but he's a nice complementary piece, and he has made numerous plays at opportunistic times along the way....
[Reply]
joethomas 11:19 AM 01-08-2021
The Bills aren't the team that would concern me most on a "if they catch us on a bad day" basis. I think that would probably be the Colts. They are good against the run and don't give up a lot of big plays. What Buckner and Stewart could do to our interior line could cause a lot of problems. We will be the favorite no matter who we play but that matchup is not one that I like a lot.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:24 PM 01-08-2021
Josh Allen is a really good QB, however, if you watch him play, a lot of his big throws/plays are getting outside the pocket to his right, he is not nearly as effective if forced to his left. If we do play the Bills, you have to contain him like a point guard in high school and force him to make plays going to his left.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:45 PM 01-09-2021
Are we still supposed to be terrified of the Bills or nah?
[Reply]
Page 80 of 100
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up