ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1646 of 3903
« First < 646114615461596163616421643164416451646 164716481649165016561696174621462646 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
limested 09:19 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Same as you. I use an inhaler the times I get sick and that's basically it.

Not sure your age but I do have "youth" on my side I suppose.

All the best to you.
I am 45 but in best shape physically of my entire life.

Stay safe!
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:20 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
Mine is fully under control and i only use a rescue inhaler a few times a year.

Once all this became ‘real’ I got everything in order assuming if I were to get it then high chance of it being the end.

Fun thing to have to put on a hero face for when the kids ask what would happen to dad if he got this.
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Same as you. I use an inhaler the times I get sick and that's basically it.

Not sure your age but I do have "youth" on my side I suppose.

All the best to you.
Someone posted this article the other day I think showing that asthma wasn’t necessarily one of the top fatal risks like they once thought. Just thought I’d repost it to try to spread a little peace of mind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/h...thma-risk.html
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:25 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If that’s the case go ahead and dose me up with the California version
It is an interesting theory. There is definitely something with this virus that hits people hard and others they don't know they even had it. Different strains, genetics, previous vaccinations, blood type, who knows. It does seem to hit the African American communities the hardest it seems at least here in the US.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:54 AM 04-26-2020
Its just frustrating because we have no clear plans on how to handle it going forward. We have more testing but doesnt appear to be targeted. We open up in phases then what? As been discussed the virus isnt going away so when numbers "peak" again then what? We say fuck it and close again?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:02 AM 04-26-2020
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Seriously though, even if you have it you will be fine dude. Did you hear The Saints head coach about this? The media would have people think this is a death sentence when in reality as much as people don't want to hear it, it's gonna be like having the flu. Hopefully not even that bad.
You may be right about the younger people though but those with pre-existing conditions and older people as we know are at huge risk. And we have a ton of those in this country.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:35 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Its just frustrating because we have no clear plans on how to handle it going forward. We have more testing but doesnt appear to be targeted. We open up in phases then what? As been discussed the virus isnt going away so when numbers "peak" again then what? We say **** it and close again?
I'm fine with everywhere opening up actually, just mandating use of masks for everyone. In fact, IF you could guarantee that everyone who goes somewhere publicly wore a mask, it would probably even be better than what we are doing now. Clearly even if u said to fine ppl 10k for not having a mask ppl s till wouldn't do it 100% but if you open up, this is what you need to do.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:47 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Mother ****er.

There are going to be a lot of relieved people. There are also going to be a shitload of people pissed off from the over-reaction.
Huh? If this is the case, wouldn't social distancing be MORE important? Since so many infected people won't know they have it even.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:21 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You may be right about the younger people though but those with pre-existing conditions and older people as we know are at huge risk. And we have a ton of those in this country.
We dont currently have the ability to isolate like that. We dont even have enough testing to know who and who doesnt have it.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:00 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm fine with everywhere opening up actually, just mandating use of masks for everyone. In fact, IF you could guarantee that everyone who goes somewhere publicly wore a mask, it would probably even be better than what we are doing now. Clearly even if u said to fine ppl 10k for not having a mask ppl s till wouldn't do it 100% but if you open up, this is what you need to do.
How does that help restaurants? Hard to eat with a mask on.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:25 AM 04-26-2020
He is exactly right. China physically locked everyone down in Wuhan which is impossible elsewhere. This is going to be a very long descent.

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:37 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
How does that help restaurants? Hard to eat with a mask on.
Gyms as well. Nobody is going to workout w a mask on. Well maybe some ppl will but very few
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:44 AM 04-26-2020
So much for that

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-adds-to-risks
[Reply]
notorious 07:47 AM 04-26-2020
“may adopt”

4th and 5th words into the article.....
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:54 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is an interesting theory. There is definitely something with this virus that hits people hard and others they don't know they even had it. Different strains, genetics, previous vaccinations, blood type, who knows. It does seem to hit the African American communities the hardest it seems at least here in the US.
not claiming any conclusions by any means.....but I tried looking categories that are supposedly more susceptible (immunocompromised for example), and couldnt find stats on race.

Here are diabetes stats in the US, by race:

7.5% of non-Hispanic whites
9.2% of Asian Americans
12.5% of Hispanics
11.7% of non-Hispanic blacks
14.7% of American Indians/Alaskan Natives
[Reply]
Page 1646 of 3903
« First < 646114615461596163616421643164416451646 164716481649165016561696174621462646 > Last »
Up