ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Nzoner's Game Room>New Feature: Up/Down Voting Posts
Bearcat 04:58 PM 09-14-2017
We have been playing around with up/down vote functionality for the past couple of weeks and just activated it in the Lounge prior to this thread.

1. Everyone can vote a post up or down. The vote totals themselves show up on the bottom right of the post. You can't vote on your own posts (the up/down vote is hidden), but you will see the totals once it's voted on.
2. If a post meets some criteria for being "good," the post will be given a yellow border (so that others are drawn to the "good posts" in a big thread).
3. Similarly, if a post meets some criteria for a "bad post," it will be shaded. If a post meets criteria for a "terrible post," it will be shown collapsed with a red bar. The red bar of a collapsed post shows the user's name, and you can click a button at the right to show the post.
4. This functionality doesn't mess with the order of posts.

I'm using "some criteria" only because we're sure it'll change. The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other. We'll be making adjustments based on usage, especially with collapsed posts.

We have questions about whether it'll work here vs a place like reddit. A few of us like the idea while others have brought up legitimate concerns. In the end, we decided to roll it out, at least temporarily.

This is a trial run.

We'll give it a week or two depending on how things go, then we'll put it to a vote as long as it's not an obviously terrible idea. The goal is make threads a little easier to scroll through -- easier to find the best contributions and easier to scroll past the trolling and derailments. We aren't out to completely hide posts and will adjust as needed to keep that percentage really low, or based on your feedback.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:45 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by Jewish TLO:
Some of the best posters on CP right there. The system works!!!
Pretty sure I have Prison Bitch's dumb ass to thank for making the cut here.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:50 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Pretty sure I have Prison Bitch's dumb ass to thank for making the cut here.
God rest his soul
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:56 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:

Lowest "signal-to-noise" ratio (net votes per post):
There's a bit of a caveat here that you can't vote on posts in DC, so this is pretty much just a list of DCers who never post anything of value outside of that. Still, I think it's interesting to see...
Code:
Snopes Hammer	0.00
Over Yonder	0.00
NinerDoug	0.00
Taco John	0.01
True North	0.01
El Lobo Gordo	0.01
Just Passin' By	0.01
Pogue		0.01
Loneiguana	0.01
Pennywise	0.02
Anyway, this is just for fun, but I do think some of it's interesting...
Outside of Over Yonder, since he does post in football side of things, the rest along with BEP could be axed and the entire site be improved.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:15 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Outside of Over Yonder, since he does post in football side of things, the rest along with BEP could be axed and the entire site be improved.
He seems to be under a lot of peoples skin here, but JPB isn't a bad guy at all

I respect the fact that he never engages in dirty slur slinging, and when people engage him that way, they go on his ignore and he sticks to it religiously
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:23 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:

I respect the fact that he never engages in dirty slur slinging, and when people engage him that way, they go on his ignore and he sticks to it religiously
He did when Pioli first came here. One of the original Patriot jackasses that never left.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:31 PM 06-25-2023

[Reply]
Easy 6 12:32 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He did when Pioli first came here. One of the original Patriot jackasses that never left.
Yeah he used to talk plenty of shit, we used to go round and round and I'd constantly neg the hell out of him... but he now he refuses to get in the gutter

Don't get me wrong, he is NOT shy when he disagrees with someone... but he doesn't get really nasty with the usual "your mom/fat wife/pussy ass bitch!" etc kinda stuff
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:36 PM 06-25-2023
Yeah he used to talk plenty of shit, we used to go round and round and I'd constantly neg the hell out of him... but he now he refuses to get in the gutter

Don't get me wrong, he is NOT shy when he disagrees with someone... but he doesn't get really nasty with the usual "your mom/fat wife/pussy ass bitch!" etc kinda stuff
I'd rather him be outright vile than a pompous condescending ass.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 PM 06-25-2023

Here's 90% of his posts:

"You're wrong."

That's it. No explanation. When you ask him to explain, he does some variation of, "I'm not going to explain it to you because you're an idiot."

He may not be a bad guy, but he's a fucking terrible poster. All the shit that Donger gets ragged for in terms of short incomplete responses, this guy does just as much.

Just Passin' By needs to Just Pass Away
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:48 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Here's 90% of his posts:

"You're wrong."

That's it. No explanation. When you ask him to explain, he does some variation of, "I'm not going to explain it to you because you're an idiot."

He may not be a bad guy, but he's a ****ing terrible poster. All the shit that Donger gets ragged for in terms of short incomplete responses, this guy does just as much.

The best is when he asks you to elaborate your opinion further and then once you do, says you're wrong without saying why or does so in a way that is holier than thou.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:56 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I'd rather him be outright vile than a pompous condescending ass.
Go suck some nut from your moms butt!

Thats better, reeeally?

Here's 90% of his posts:

"You're wrong."

He may not be a bad guy, but he's a fucking terrible poster. All the shit that Donger gets ragged for in terms of short incomplete responses, this guy does just as much.

Yeah sometimes he'll just smugly high horse people without explanation, but not always

75% of the dislike for him stems from people who just don't like his politics IMO, but he is a great news and opinion contributor to DC in my estimation
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:08 PM 06-25-2023

Thats better, reeeally?

Yeah sometimes he'll just smugly high horse people without explanation, but not always

75% of the dislike for him stems from people who just don't like his politics IMO, but he is a great news and opinion contributor to DC in my estimation
Well you certainly can't go wrong getting your "news and opinion" from CP DC first thing every morning. I bet you could flip there right now and be overwhelmed by the quality just perusing the incisive thread titles.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:14 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Well you certainly can't go wrong getting your "news and opinion" from CP DC first thing every morning. I bet you could flip there right now and be overwhelmed by the quality just perusing the incisive thread titles.
Its a free country, Jerry... you're free to avoid the cesspool if it offends your sensibilities
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:17 PM 06-25-2023

Thats better, reeeally?
Yes. It absolutely is.

One of them is an empty dismissal. You know where you stand in the conversation. It's harmless. It might even be funny if it's done creatively.

The JPB way is making assumptions about your intelligence and/or education, all with the same outcome: It's not good enough for me to respond to you genuinely. Lord, for the number of times a person who disagrees with him is stupid, this entire forum must be the biggest collection of morons and assholes on the internet!

Oh, here's another good one. You write a few sentences to him about why you disagree, or you point something out that he said, and he responds with, "That's not what I said. You can't read" and doesn't elaborate at all. There have been actual times where I show his quote to him in the same post and copy/paste it AGAIN, this time with "You said:" as a preface, and he'll tell me to learn to read, because I misconstrued his argument.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:20 PM 06-25-2023
Yes. It absolutely is.

One of them is an empty dismissal. You know where you stand in the conversation. It's harmless. It might even be funny if it's done creatively.

The JPB way is making assumptions about your intelligence and/or education, all with the same outcome: It's not good enough for me to respond to you genuinely. Lord, for the number of times a person who disagrees with him is stupid, this entire forum must be the biggest collection of morons and assholes on the internet!

Oh, here's another good one. You write a few sentences to him about why you disagree, or you point something out that he said, and he responds with, "That's not what I said. You can't read" and doesn't elaborate at all. There have been actual times where I show his quote to him in the same post and copy/paste it AGAIN, this time with "You said:" as a preface, and he'll tell me to learn to read, because I misconstrued his argument.
You're wrong.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Up