ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 80
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:21 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Can I do that on my Xbox One? I do all of the aforementioned directly through my One.
Assuming you have DNS control on your router, I think so. It works fine on my Roku and Chromecast at least. If nothing else, it'd cost you $2 to find out.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:21 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I figured as much, especially since I only paid $100 dollars for the MLB package this year.

But still, it's such a PITA to call them and sit on the phone every six months in order to get discounts. My bill jumped from $172 to $212 today and it took three reps to get it back to $172. I just don't understand why they don't just take care of their customers, especially people like me that have been with them for more than a decade, by automatically applying whatever discounts their offering.

The savings are definitely worth the 90 minutes I spent on the phone but it's pretty lame that it's required to go through those motions at least twice a year.
Within 5 years, I doubt you'll need to worry. Everything is going to be streamed. Cable better adapt.

I had to barter my mom's comcast bill down from like $240 - $120. I was pretty furious to know my mom, who doesn't even have HD, was paying that much for cable and internet. Eventually, the people who don't know any better will catch on and cable companies won't have anybody else to leach on.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 PM 09-12-2015
well last year they gave you $200 and free ticket ... I realize some people seem to have the magic touch every year but did you expect another $200 Visa card? Maybe $300 this year?
I didn't expect it "free" this year nor did I expect another Visa Gift Card but it took 90 minutes and four transfers before I was offered a discount of any kind.

I almost didn't order it, especially since the Ticket is free this weekend and the Chiefs are on national TV the following two weeks, but I like having the option of watching as many afternoon games as possible and not get stuck with the Raiders or Chargers each week.

Blech.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:23 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Assuming you have DNS control on your router, I think so. It works fine on my Roku and Chromecast at least. If nothing else, it'd cost you $2 to find out.
I try and be tech savvy here and there, but I'm really not ... and the router I use is the router/modem supplied to me by Comcast ... so I'm not quite sure I'd be able to manipulate that
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 09-12-2015
Within 5 years, I doubt you'll need to worry. Everything is going to be streamed. Cable better adapt.

I had to barter my mom's comcast bill down from like $240 - $120. I was pretty furious to know my mom, who doesn't even have HD, was paying that much for cable and internet. Eventually, the people who don't know any better will catch on and cable companies won't have anybody else to leach on.
That's awful, man. Preying on elderly folks in this country has become too commonplace.

Good man for helping her out! :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 12:26 PM 09-12-2015
I try and be tech savvy here and there, but I'm really not ... and the router I use is the router/modem supplied to me by Comcast ... so I'm not quite sure I'd be able to manipulate that
You should still be able to change your DNS settings. That's a pretty basic router function. Even if not, I bet you can do it directly on your XB1. At least they have instructions for the 360.

https://adfreetime.com/get-started/xbox-360/
[Reply]
Hootie 12:52 PM 09-12-2015
Also, I read this somewhere:

Tell people to order the cheapest DTV NFL streaming package ($200), assuming they can't use a student's credentials and get it for $100. They will get auto-upgraded to the max ($350) package after purchase.

In short, if you're eligible, sign up for the cheapest streaming option and then you'll get auto upgraded! At least, that's what I was told =)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:03 PM 09-12-2015
You couldn't ask one of those random bar skanks you plow for her university e-mail, Hoot?
[Reply]
Hootie 01:11 PM 09-12-2015
I got a university email, brah. $100 for Sunday Ticket Max. Pretty fucking pumped.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:25 PM 09-12-2015
Awesome. Did it come with gonorrhea as well?
[Reply]
Hootie 01:25 PM 09-12-2015
that's the 2nd installment
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:26 PM 09-12-2015
Just kidding with ya, young bull.

I'm actually about to attempt to sign up with my old college e-mail. Do they send you any information that you'll need access to the e-mail account for? Like a confirmation code of something?
[Reply]
Hootie 01:45 PM 09-12-2015
no but they'll verify you're still in college ... or you'll have to show proof like a valid student ID ... if they can't find you right away by entering your name and D.O.B.

worst case scenario, I'm told, if you sign up for the $49.99 / month and pay 4 installments ($200) you'll get auto upgraded to Max

again, I don't know if that's true but that's what I was told via reddit by an anonymous source
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:48 PM 09-12-2015
OK, thanks. I know a ton of people still in college so I'll just find one of them.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:03 AM 09-13-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I used hola unblocker to route my IP and purchased gamepass through the Netherlands.
Used a VPN to purchase via Argentina. Was $175 from Netherlends and $129 from Argentina ($99 for team only) when I was researching prices. Most of the European nations were higher priced than South America. Last year Panama was the cheapest for me, but I was too lazy to keep searching after seeing Argentina's rate.

Just thought I'd let others know to price search by country when going this route.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 80
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up