ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Potential leaked footage from the Deadpool movie
The Franchise 05:43 PM 07-28-2014
Take it for what it's worth. Apparently it's a CGI movie with Reynolds as the voice of Deadpool.

http://sourcefed.com/leaked-deadpool...looks-awesome/

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:22 PM 02-13-2016
Nothing says 'Valentines weekend movie' like Deadpool.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:24 PM 02-13-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Ryan Reynolds won't be headlining any more big budget movies for awhile.
Wow. How wrong I was. This thing is headed towards 100 milly weekend.
[Reply]
JD10367 05:57 PM 02-13-2016
Morena is 36 and hotter now than she was in "Firefly". Good lord.

The film was pretty damn good. Funny and filthy, broke the fourth wall better than anything since "Ferris Bueller" (and I hope everyone stayed for the very end of the credits). Nice violence, nice action, poked fun at superhero films and "X Men", still had seriousness and sadness. A little slow in the middle as they explained how he became Deadpool but any origin film has that. I'll see it again.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:18 PM 02-13-2016
That's like...16 walls!
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:22 PM 02-13-2016
I'm sick as hell right now, could barely make it from my car to my seat and I still thought it kicked ass.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:49 PM 02-13-2016
It's time.

[Reply]
Megbert 08:47 PM 02-13-2016
I saw it last night. Loved everything from the credits to the after end credits scene. Loved all the self awareness and fourth wall breaking. I'm seeing it again tomorrow.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:36 PM 02-13-2016
I've seen it twice now too. Can totally tell who reads the comics in the theater by their reaction. About half the crowd laughs at Bob or cheers at the Sister Margaret's plaque, etc. Everyone cracked up with baby hand! :-)

The sheer number of digs on the X-Men movies was just insane. I thought it was hilarious, but I was one of the few who laughed at the McAvoy/Steward and continuity jokes. The Yakov joke bombed in both showings I went too, but the tone may have been off in that scene.

While everyone I went with loved it, I felt like many of them really missed out on some great humor by not being comic book fans, just fans of Marvel movies.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:56 AM 02-14-2016
Awesome movie.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:36 PM 02-14-2016
Was worried what the audience appeal would be, since I'm a big fan of the Merc with a Mouth. Was afraid it would bomb at the box office and we wouldn't get anymore Deadpool. Apparently I should not have been...

Originally Posted by :
'Deadpool' Smashes Box Office Records On Way to $260 Million Worldwide Opening

by Brad Brevet
February 14, 2016

Blowing away even the most lofty of expectations, Deadpool decimated the Valentine's and President's Day weekend box office in record-breaking fashion with an estimated $135 million three-day weekend. As for its incoming competition, How to be Single performed mostly as expected while fifteen years proved too long to wait to release Zoolander 2.

Rewriting the box office record books, Deadpool broke Fifty Shades of Grey's previous February opening weekend record by nearly $45 million based on estimates and that's just the start. The largest opening for an R-rated film was previously $91.7 million, set by The Matrix Reloaded in 2003. That's been destroyed. The largest opening weekend for an R-rated comic book adaptation was previously set by 300 with $70.8 million. Bye, bye.

This is even the largest opening weekend ever for 20th Century Fox, beating a record of $108.4 million previously held by Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Though, to be fair, Revenge of the Sith did open on a Thursday where it brought in $50 million so it's not a complete apples-to-apples comparison, but it does bring us to Deadpool's expected four-day run.

cont'd @ http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4157&p=.htm

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:12 PM 02-14-2016
Awesome movie...totally worth it. Great date movie
[Reply]
Valiant 08:35 PM 02-14-2016
It was really good.

Probably Fox's best movie so far with their xmen movies..

They finally got Colossus right.. I loved all the shit they threw on the past movies and other movies.. Wish pool would of talked to stan..

Should be interesting on how they do the sequel..

Now am I wanting a younger Cable or old fart cable??
[Reply]
007 11:08 PM 02-14-2016
Got to the theater that the the fuckingshow was sold out.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:36 PM 02-14-2016
It's a love story on Valentine's. Of course it was sold out.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:37 AM 02-15-2016
People may have underestimated the chick appeal of this movie which really made Valentine's weekend the perfect weekend for releasing it. Even my wife wanted to see it... of course she loves her some RR. Plus it's not a kid movie, so it was the perfect funny, romantic and action filled date flick for all the folks leaving their kids behind for a valentine's date like my wife and I.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up