ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:39 AM 04-26-2019
We are fine with Mahomes. QB’s make the WR, not the other way around.

Definitely need to add to our WR and TE room, but not a dire need like if we still had Smiff.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:40 AM 04-26-2019
To me wr requires one of the most adjustments jumping from college to the NFL. When has the last wr to really come out and be dominate right away? Let alone thinking a 2nd or 3rd rounder is going to be. The odds of a 1st rounder producing meaningful stats are low let alone talking a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Unfortunately this is where we are at we need to see if we can find one even if it is for 2-3 years down the road.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:40 AM 04-26-2019
Dream scenario:

61, 63, and 84 go toward WR/WR/S or TE... then trade future assets for Patrick Peterson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:41 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
To me wr requires one of the most adjustments jumping from college to the NFL. When has the last wr to really come out and be dominate right away? Let alone thinking a 2nd or 3rd rounder is going to be. The odds of a 1st rounder producing meaningful stats are low let alone talking a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Michael Thomas off the top of my head
[Reply]
Mulliganman 09:41 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Dream scenario:

61, 63, and 84 go toward WR/WR/S or TE... then trade future assets for Patrick Peterson.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 04-26-2019
Dream scenario:

Dream scenario?

2nd - Adderley, FS
2nd - Samuel, WR
3rd - Love, CB
5th - Moreau, TE

Throw a 2020 pick to the Eagles for Agholor or a 2020 pick to the Bengals for Ross.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:45 AM 04-26-2019
I think you have to take Isabella or Hardman among the guys who realistically could be available. Take whichever one has the most educated and affluent parents, because yes, I'm angry.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:46 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
To me wr requires one of the most adjustments jumping from college to the NFL. When has the last wr to really come out and be dominate right away? Let alone thinking a 2nd or 3rd rounder is going to be. The odds of a 1st rounder producing meaningful stats are low let alone talking a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Unfortunately this is where we are at we need to see if we can find one even if it is for 2-3 years down the road.
Sammy Watkins' rookie season was actually his best season in terms of catches and just slightly behind his sophomore season in yards and TDs.

Rookie season - 65 rec, 982 yards, 6 TDs
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:48 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dream scenario?

2nd - Adderley, FS
2nd - Samuel, WR
3rd - Love, CB
5th - Moreau, TE

Throw a 2020 pick to the Eagles for Agholor or a 2020 pick to the Bengals for Ross.
I would certainly like that, but not love it. Only because I don’t think Ross can stay healthy and I don’t think Agholor is worth extending, so you pay him $9M this year to walk next spring.

It’d be an awesome haul but I personally prefer PP, somehow, with two WRs drafted.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:49 AM 04-26-2019
Dream scenario?

2nd - Adderley, FS
2nd - Samuel, WR
3rd - Love, CB
5th - Moreau, TE

I would also add trading picks in next year’s draft for PP. I’d even give them our first next year for him.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:49 AM 04-26-2019
Dream scenario?

2nd - Adderley, FS
2nd - Samuel, WR
3rd - Love, CB
5th - Moreau, TE

What would it take? Would they give up Agholor for a 5th?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:50 AM 04-26-2019
I would certainly like that, but not love it. Only because I don’t think Ross can stay healthy and I don’t think Agholor is worth extending, so you pay him $9M this year to walk next spring.

It’d be an awesome haul but I personally prefer PP, somehow, with two WRs drafted.
And drafting two WRs would be too much in my mind. Grab one....and then grab another one next year if you want. The WR and RB class next year is supposed to be crazy stacked.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:51 AM 04-26-2019
Props to Pugs for this thread. Our opinions on Hill don’t matter. Whatever is going to happen will happen.

Let’s just focus on the path forward. Much more positive tone to this thread.

You have earned my “Yip”.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 04-26-2019
We're not replacing Tyreek Hill. It's not happening. If it was that easy....then 31 other teams would have Tyreek Hill clones on their roster. Our best bet is to go find an outside WR and pair him with Watkins and Robinson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:52 AM 04-26-2019
And drafting two WRs would be too much in my mind. Grab one....and then grab another one next year if you want. The WR and RB class next year is supposed to be crazy stacked.
True but I guess my POV is with Watkins you can’t rely on him to be there every week in 2019... so I really think adding two legitimate WRs is a must before the season starts.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up