ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about ways to get this team back on the Super Bowl track tonight
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 04-26-2019
First off, I’m operating under the assumption that we’ve seen Tyreek Hill play his final snap in KC as of right now. And barring unforeseen news to come, that is how it needs to be. If you choose to believe otherwise, that’s your call. But for the sake of being realistic, Hill is a goner.

I won’t understate that blow. He’s been the most explosive playmaker in the NFL for 2-3 years now. He changes the game unlike anyone else. He will not be replaced.

But that doesn’t mean that this team can’t find other ways to get back on track. So here is what I am looking at heading into Friday night:

1. Mahomes means we’re still in a good spot

Let us not forget that Patrick looked ****ing awesome in his first start in Denver with nothing but backups around him. He basically got Albert Wilson a 50% raise that day, I would say. Things will get tougher for him and the offense now, but he can still carry us to being a top 10 offense at minimum. We still have some star playmakers on the roster and an above average offensive line. Now onto the draft....

2. Lots of good, athletic receivers left

Here is a list of some of the best WR prospects remaining along with their 40-yard dash times to the right. I think Andy will want to add a field stretching WR to this roster in order to best match up with Mahomes, so speed is very important:

- Parris Campbell (4.31)
- Andy Isabella (4.31)
- Mecole Hardman (4.33)
- D.K. Metcalf (4.33)
- Terry McClaurin (4.35)
- Emmanuel Hall (4.39)
- Darius Slayton (4.39)
- Myles Boykin (4.42 and some FREAKY agility times as well)
- Hakeem Butler (4.48)
- Deebo Samuel (4.48 and just a stud in general)
- A.J. Brown (4.49, stud player like Samuel)

Point being, there are some really athletic players left at WR who, while not close to Hill, could still come in day one and present a vertical threat for Mahomes and Andy to work with.

3. Lots of good corners and safeties remain as well

Another huge need that has some depth here on day two... here are some solid players available:

- Byron Murphy
- Greedy Williams
- Amani Oruwariye
- Rock Ya-Sin
- Joejuan Williams
- Sean Bunting
- Justin Layne
- Julian Love
- Trayvon Mullen
- Lonnie Johnson Jr.
- Nasir Adderley
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
- Taylor Rapp
- Juan Thornhill

And even a few more who could make an impact potentially from day one. If the Chiefs want to build up the defense even more to take pressure off of the offense this year, options remain...

4. Possible established trade targets?

I doubt it happens but we’ve still got possible veteran fixes out there such as Patrick Peterson or A.J. Green... not sure if their teams would trade them right now, but its possible... and even if not, they may do so during the summer.

So tonight, the Chiefs should have a great chance to stock up on talent that can help immediately in 2019. They could go WR/CB/TE straight up, they could take two WRs even to hedge their bets there with a DB or TE later, or they could use picks to go get an established veteran today... who really knows.

This team isn’t dead yet, though. Let’s see where things are later. Even with Hill on his way out, Kansas City can reset and contend with the right moves, IMO.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:06 PM 04-26-2019
Chiefs need a speedy WR, at least 5' 10" with decent hands. Good route running would be icing on the cake. Then a decent CB, with good tackling fundamentals. After that, I like a TE, provided he has decent blocking skills.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:13 PM 04-26-2019
That's Parris Campbell, Sean Bunting and Jace Sternberger.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:13 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fanspeak completes the 1st round for you now and lets you mock 2-7. This is what I came up with.

2A. Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn State
2B. Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M
3. Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia
i could live with that. two tight end threats and the ability to line up that way would be hellanice. but i dont know that we have the run game to sell that we may run may pass. id like a decent running back tomorrow. im a huge justice hill fan but cant convince myself hes worth it today if he falls. but a two tight end set with two backs that can burn like justice hill and damien williams would be nasty.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:19 PM 04-26-2019
If the Chiefs are going with more JAG-like WRs, particularly when Watkins gets hurt, I think they need to beef up the interior o-line, particularly at C, to give Pat more time. Also another TE to act as an outlet receiver. I'm mostly hoping they can come away with WR, TE, C and S in this draft and anything else will be gravy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:27 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
That's Parris Campbell, Sean Bunting and Jace Sternberger.
I think that's killer.
[Reply]
Shields68 01:39 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
If the Chiefs are going with more JAG-like WRs, particularly when Watkins gets hurt, I think they need to beef up the interior o-line, particularly at C, to give Pat more time. Also another TE to act as an outlet receiver. I'm mostly hoping they can come away with WR, TE, C and S in this draft and anything else will be gravy.
We are going to have to trade down with a 2nd rounders. I mean we have 2-2 1-3 and no 4's so not seeing how we come away with that many starters. You really can't count on the 5th- 7th if any work out it is gravy. Guess CB is also top of the list.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM 04-26-2019
Get two WRs tonight. One TE. Trade for Patrick Peterson. Win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:50 PM 04-26-2019
There are none.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:53 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Tyrann needs his buddy Greedy
Yes!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:00 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Get two WRs tonight. One TE. Trade for Patrick Peterson. Win the Super Bowl.
Yeah I'm sure Moe and Larry WR along with Shemp the TE are going to get it turned around and back on track.

This franchise is so stupid it literally hurts.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:04 PM 04-26-2019
If Veach goes and blows his wad on 2 second round WR's, then he's worse at drafting then I could have ever possibly imagined.

Stick to the initial board, or just die already.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:04 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yeah I'm sure Moe and Larry WR along with Shemp the TE are going to get it turned around and back on track.

This franchise is so stupid it literally hurts.
So what should they do, not pick up anyone?

They’re not finding another Tyreek. But that doesn’t mean you just stop adding receivers. There is depth there right now. They would be stupid if they didn’t take at least one wide out.
[Reply]
O.city 02:04 PM 04-26-2019
I like the wr from Iowa state too
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:09 PM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If Veach goes and blows his wad on 2 second round WR's, then he's worse at drafting then I could have ever possibly imagined.

Stick to the initial board, or just die already.
That’s the point though. WR and CB specifically might be the two positions with the most 2nd round level players. They didn’t have many if any 1st round level, but they are deep with day 2 players.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:11 PM 04-26-2019
Two rookie WRs isn't going to do a ton for this offense. Draft one and if you still don't think it's enough....go find a veteran.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up