ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 145
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Gasoline over $4 coming to a pump near you because this thread is ass
Donger 08:40 AM 04-23-2007
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=afOlUzd30YOo

Pretty alarmist, IMO, but possible.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigChiefFan 04:00 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Welp, better them than me.
I tried to tell you all how much it effects our economy and people just wanted to save their $20 at the pump. Be careful what you wish for.
[Reply]
Donger 04:02 PM 09-01-2015

[Reply]
KC native 04:04 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan:
I tried to tell you all how much it effects our economy and people just wanted to save their $20 at the pump. Be careful what you wish for.
Consumer spending is the biggest driver of our economy. The money saved at the pump blows away the lay offs (which aren't even isolated to the US).
[Reply]
KC native 04:04 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
And donger weeps.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 04:08 PM 09-01-2015
HOUSTON — Oil field equipment maker National Oilwell Varco will cut 110 jobs in North Texas as it closes a fiber-glass system facility in Mineral Wells through the end of the year, state regulators said Monday.

The Houston company told the Texas Workforce Commission that the closing of its Mineral Wells facility, about 50 miles west of Fort Worth, will be complete in December, and an initial round of layoffs will take place in early October.

“Due to economic reasons, NOV was not able to provide as much advance notice to some affected employees as it would have liked,” the company said in a letter to the TWC. “NOV will make those employees whole by providing additional pay and benefits.”

National Oilwell Varco had told Texas regulators more than a week ago that it would close a facility in Willis, Texas, over the next few months, laying off 150 workers starting in mid-August. The firm had 63,600 employees at the end of last year.

More broadly, oil-industry recruiter Swift Worldwide Resources says the ongoing oil market crash has claimed 176,100 jobs since it began last year.

I think that's enough articles to prove my point.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:12 PM 09-01-2015
I'll take low oil prices over that unemployment blip any day.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:17 PM 09-01-2015
:-)
[Reply]
Donger 04:18 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
And donger weeps.
Not at all. I thought that you little people would like to see the gift that has been given to you this Labor Day.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:19 PM 09-01-2015
HOUSTON — Oil field equipment maker National Oilwell Varco will cut 110 jobs in North Texas as it closes a fiber-glass system facility in Mineral Wells through the end of the year, state regulators said Monday.

The Houston company told the Texas Workforce Commission that the closing of its Mineral Wells facility, about 50 miles west of Fort Worth, will be complete in December, and an initial round of layoffs will take place in early October.

“Due to economic reasons, NOV was not able to provide as much advance notice to some affected employees as it would have liked,” the company said in a letter to the TWC. “NOV will make those employees whole by providing additional pay and benefits.”

National Oilwell Varco had told Texas regulators more than a week ago that it would close a facility in Willis, Texas, over the next few months, laying off 150 workers starting in mid-August. The firm had 63,600 employees at the end of last year.

More broadly, oil-industry recruiter Swift Worldwide Resources says the ongoing oil market crash has claimed 176,100 jobs since it began last year.

I think that's enough articles to prove my point.
How many millions of jobs were lost while oil continued to sky rocket? :-)
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 04:25 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I'll take low oil prices over that unemployment blip any day.
If you can't grasp people having jobs is more important than saving $10 at the pumps, this discussion is going nowhere. I prefer to put out effort for someone who has a semblance of how things work.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 04:44 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How many millions of jobs were lost while oil continued to sky rocket? :-)
Two wrongs don't make a right and your question is a what if? Show some hard numbers and I'll gladly discuss the virtues of Americans being gainfully employed versus being unemployed. That's common sense.
[Reply]
Valiant 06:54 PM 09-01-2015
If you can't grasp people having jobs is more important than saving $10 at the pumps, this discussion is going nowhere. I prefer to put out effort for someone who has a semblance of how things work.
Maybe you should ask the oil billionares that to save jobs only have 3.2b in progits instead of 3.198b in profits. You are blaming the wrong people.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 06:58 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Maybe you should ask the oil billionares that to save jobs only have 3.2b in progits instead of 3.198b in profits. You are blaming the wrong people.
I'm not blaming a soul. My contention is when crude prices tank, there's a correlation to many people losing their jobs and that people saving a few bucks isn't a big enough offset to people being unemployed.
[Reply]
Hydrae 07:20 PM 09-01-2015
I'm not blaming a soul. My contention is when crude prices tank, there's a correlation to many people losing their jobs and that people saving a few bucks isn't a big enough offset to people being unemployed.
As others have mentioned in this thread, when I save at the pump I have more to spend on other things. This spreads the money across more sectors of the economy and provides additional jobs in those sectors. Oil is not operating in a vacuum here.
[Reply]
BigChiefFan 07:55 PM 09-01-2015
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
As others have mentioned in this thread, when I save at the pump I have more to spend on other things. This spreads the money across more sectors of the economy and provides additional jobs in those sectors. Oil is not operating in a vacuum here.
I understand that, but be for real. Do you really think people saving a $500 a year even comes close to a person losing a $50,000 a year job. Seriously, man.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 145
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up