ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 268
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 12:28 PM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article...-the-last-jedi

GQ Interview with Adam Driver:

"You have, also, the hidden identity of this princess who's hiding who she really is so she can survive and Kylo Ren and her hiding behind these artifices," Driver says, apparently dropping a massive revelation about Rey's royal origins.

---
So, either she's Leia's child (which would make her a Skywalker) or she's the bloodline of Obi Wan and Duchess Satine. A Duchess is also considered a princess.
I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that he's not talking about Rey. I mean, sure, that makes the most obvious sense. But based on that single quote alone, he could be talking about anyone.

Using the phrase "hiding who she is" makes it sound intentional, to me. Does Rey know who she is? Where she came from?

We know from Bloodline that Leia tried to hide who her father was. Could he be talking his mother? Is that the connection he's making?

Is Holdo a princess?

Just seems like this is too vague to draw any concrete connections. We'll know soon enough, though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:08 PM 10-31-2017

[Reply]
Ragged Robin 03:27 PM 10-31-2017
shouldn't Rey get her own lightsaber instead of the one that killed hundreds of younglings :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 04:41 PM 10-31-2017
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
shouldn't Rey get her own lightsaber instead of the one that killed hundreds of younglings :-)
Lightsabers don’t kill people.

Jedis kill people. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:59 PM 10-31-2017

[Reply]
okcchief 10:40 PM 10-31-2017
I think Rey is the daughter of Leia, but not the daughter of Han. Something happened between them that hasn’t been fully explained, and would also explain why Ben twisted off so hard.

My second thought is a descendant of Obi Wan mainly because of the Jedi mind-trick scene, and the way she sneaks around the ship like Obi Wan in ANH.

I would be surprised if it’s not one of those theories, but I like surprises. I don’t swim as deep in this shit as you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fish 08:25 AM 11-01-2017
Leia was secretly boning Obi Wan. That's why she and Han split.

:-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:09 AM 11-01-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Leia was secretly boning Obi Wan. That's why she and Han split.

:-)

"I never once got to shoot first."/Leia
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:19 PM 11-01-2017
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...id=mailsignout

Disney Lays Down the Law for Theaters on 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'

LOS ANGELES—The box-office domination of the “Star Wars” franchise has given Walt Disney Co. unprecedented power over the nation’s movie theaters.

Before exhibitors can begin screening “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” this December, they must first commit to a set of top-secret terms that numerous theater owners say are the most onerous they've ever seen. Disney will receive about 65% of ticket-sales revenue from the film, a new benchmark for a Hollywood studio. Disney is also requiring theaters to show the movie in their largest auditorium for at least four weeks. Ignoring the terms carries an unusual penalty. If a theater violates any condition of the distribution agreement, Disney can charge it an additional 5%, bringing the studio’s total haul to 70% of sales on a movie likely to gross more than $500 million at the domestic box office.

The case of “The Last Jedi” highlights a perpetual but growing tension between the business partners who bring movies to the public: studios and theaters. Negotiations between the two parties have grown pitched as Disney has become one of the most powerful studios in Hollywood and theaters have lost leverage as box-office sales fall. Box-office revenue is down 5% so far this year. That dynamic has exhibitors across the country resigning themselves to a new condition of doing business: If you want to play Disney’s blockbuster movies, get used to Disney’s rules. “They’re in the most powerful position any studio has ever been in, maybe since MGM in the 1930s,” said one film buyer.

A Disney spokesman declined to comment on the negotiations.

The studio’s slate of surefire hits this year has included “Beauty and the Beast” and “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” with “Thor: Ragnarok” coming this weekend. Last year, with just 13 new releases, Disney had a 26% market share in total domestic box office, according to Box Office Mojo. The No. 2 studio, Time Warner Inc.’s Warner Bros., had a 17% market share with 23 movies. Disney is expected to top the market-share ranking this year, too. Disney’s string of hits in recent years—fueled by its acquisition of Marvel Entertainment in 2009 and Lucasfilm in 2012—gives it sway over theater owners, many of whom described the studio as exercising more control over every detail of a film’s release than any of its rivals.

Few operators can afford to turn away a Disney windfall. But some independent theaters have decided not to screen “Last Jedi” when it’s released, saying the company’s disproportionate share of ticket sales and four-week hold make little economic sense—especially in small towns.

“There’s a finite number of moviegoers in my market, and I can service all of them in a couple of weeks,” said Lee Akin, who operates a single-screen theater in Elkader, Iowa (population: 1,213).
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:35 PM 11-01-2017
This thread rocks. Thank you Dane, Hammock Parties, et.al., for all your thoughts and info.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:24 PM 11-01-2017
fulfill...my...pants

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 11-01-2017
New shots in this trailer.

[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:02 PM 11-01-2017
Rey is Kylos half sister. Leia is both their mother, Han was Kylos father, someone else is Reys father. Leia hid Rey on Jakku after Kylo betrayed Luke.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:30 PM 11-01-2017
The scene with Luke back in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon gave me chills.
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:40 PM 11-01-2017
This will be the best of the series
[Reply]
Page 85 of 268
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up