ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 63
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:32 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
No team will be afraid of the Jaguars with Alex Smith at quarterback. They aren't afraid of him now with the Chiefs. They are however afraid of the Chiefs defense as they produce turnovers and they are sure afraid of Tyreek Hill kick returns but as for Alex Smith they look forward to playing against him because they can stack the defense. What defensive coordinator is afraid of Alex Smith?
Yeah, because that's what I said. Alex isn't scaring anyone, we all know that. He also isn't going to lose games by making mistakes either. That's what a young team needs in order to go from awful to good. But he'll never make a team great.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:39 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I disagree. Smith has shown he's the steady presence needed to make a young talented team a contender. Look at the talent a team like Jacksonville has put together. If you throw Alex in as the starter in Jax they immediately become dangerous. He's not going to carry a team on his shoulders but he was exactly what this franchise needed to put the rest of the pieces in place while becoming relevant again. There are always teams looking to add someone like Alex and he's definitely going to be able to cash in if he wants to after he leaves KC.
Yeah, because that's what I said. Alex isn't scaring anyone, we all know that. He also isn't going to lose games by making mistakes either. That's what a young team needs in order to go from awful to good. But he'll never make a team great.
Um no that's not what you said but ok. Anyways after this season how much heart is going be in Alex Smith if he gets beat up with sacks or takes a head shot concussion? He took a big beat down early and often in his career and didn't finish a lot of seasons for it. So I really question his desire to keeping on with another team to start all over again especially a young team.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:43 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Um no that's not what you said but ok. Anyways after this season how much heart is going be in Alex Smith if he gets beat up with sacks or takes a head shot concussion? He took a big beat down early and often in his career and didn't finish a lot of seasons for it. So I really question his desire to keeping on with another team to start all over again especially a young team.
Read the bold again it says the team becomes dangerous, not Alex. And I suppose we'll just have to see what happens after he leaves KC. He'll be able to go somewhere and start if he wants to.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:47 AM 05-15-2017
Read the bold again it says the team becomes dangerous, not Alex. And I suppose we'll just have to see what happens after he leaves KC. He'll be able to go somewhere and start if he wants to.
Like it's been mentioned if Matt Cassel could find work robbing teams of money so can Alex Smith.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:50 AM 05-15-2017
I'm confused to why people are debating on what happens to Smith after he's gone from KC, lol.

I mean, you want him gone.. and he'll be gone. So, if not a fan in the first place, why GAF where he goes?
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 05-15-2017
Phillip Rivers
So we're looking at Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. Two QBs draft in the 1st round that sat for more than 1 year because they were behind a HOF QB and a future HOF QB. Got it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
I'm confused to why people are debating on what happens to Smith after he's gone from KC, lol.

I mean, you want him gone.. and he'll be gone. So, if not a fan in the first place, why GAF where he goes?
I want to know where to mail your Christmas card.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:09 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I want to know where to mail your Christmas card.
Well duh... 0011 Smiffers Anal BLVD in Alexville. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:26 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So we're looking at Philip Rivers and Aaron Rodgers. Two QBs draft in the 1st round that sat for more than 1 year because they were behind a HOF QB and a future HOF QB. Got it.
I want Mahomes to start ASAP. But if he isn't ready they have to recognize that. I hope like hell he gets some PT this year and starts next year but I won't be mad if that's not how it works.

Honestly Clay asked for an example and I gave it to him. I understand the hate for Alex. I also understand Alex couldn't touch Brees or Favre in terms of QB play. The best case scenario for the team is if Alex goes out and has a career season and we get to go deep in the playoffs. If he can do that (and we all know he can't) he'll add value to the team by winning meaningful games and creating the perfect scenario for Mahomes development.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:07 AM 05-15-2017

I think it is safe to say nobody here absolutely hates Alex Smith, we just wish we could have moved on from him sooner. The guy got us to a respectable position and was a perfect stop gap for our team. Its just I don't want him as my starting qb if I know he can't win a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 05-15-2017
I want Mahomes to start ASAP. But if he isn't ready they have to recognize that. I hope like hell he gets some PT this year and starts next year but I won't be mad if that's not how it works.

Honestly Clay asked for an example and I gave it to him. I understand the hate for Alex. I also understand Alex couldn't touch Brees or Favre in terms of QB play. The best case scenario for the team is if Alex goes out and has a career season and we get to go deep in the playoffs. If he can do that (and we all know he can't) he'll add value to the team by winning meaningful games and creating the perfect scenario for Mahomes development.
Oh I'm not advocating for starting Mahomes this season. I stated before we drafted him that if we drafted a QB.....that 2017 was Smith's year. It will be his final year.
[Reply]
dls6501 10:52 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Dropped passes, Jah Reid missed block on someone half his size leads to an INT, and a West fumble that kills a drive to end the half.

You're welcome.

As Dorsey said: " This is Alex Smith's team"
It is just amazing the stuff you can spew out in order to defend Alex.

West fumble that "kills a drive?" HE FUMBLED WITH 13 SECONDS LEFT ON OUR OWN 35 YARD LINE!!

Damn that West. If only he didnt fumble, maybe Alex would have scored 2 or 3 touchdowns before the half.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:11 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
It is just amazing the stuff you can spew out in order to defend Alex.

West fumble that "kills a drive?" HE FUMBLED WITH 13 SECONDS LEFT ON OUR OWN 35 YARD LINE!!

Damn that West. If only he didnt fumble, maybe Alex would have scored 2 or 3 touchdowns before the half.
Had a timeout left to get into FG region. Fact. Remember the final score of the game?
Ignorance is strong with you.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 11:14 AM 05-15-2017

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:16 AM 05-15-2017
Phillip Rivers
Forgot about him.

So, yeah, two guys in 15 years, and both sat behind HOF QBs.

Totally compares to the situation in KC. We should definitely apply the outlier to this situation.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 63
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up