ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:10 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty:
Not gonna lie, have a couple of pre-existing conditions and have been intubated in grave condition and survived due to a severe asthma attack 20 years ago, went 8 minutes without drawing a breath, heart pretty much stopped and then that rookie er doc managed to get the tube in me just in time. I will be fighting my way to get it as soon as I can because I have a wife and three kids that need me. I don't want to suffocate to death again or ever get tubed again.
Make sure your life insurance policy is paid up and if you don't have one get one.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:13 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You're talking to a 50ish year old man who listens to Limp Bizkit, just so you know.
Imagine accepting the truth! -> http://youtu.be/BGednQsQ-h8 :-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Pablo 08:15 AM 12-12-2020
Holy shit you actually posted a Limp Bizkit link.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:36 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Holy shit you actually posted a Limp Bizkit link.
I guess I'm a bigger fan than you. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Welp, here is is:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.105...=featured_home

What that means: although not definitive, protective benefits are likely even after the first injection
So should we change our approach? We have a shortage of the approved vaccine.

Say we have 40 million doses of the vaccine. That's actually 80 million doses or more because the first dose is smaller. Should we, at first go for the initial shot for 80 million to have some immunity or stay with 40 million with 95% immunity?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:24 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Say we have 40 million doses of the vaccine. That's actually 80 million doses or more because the first dose is smaller. Should we, at first go for the initial shot for 80 million to have some immunity or stay with 40 million with 95% immunity?
I don't think so.

We distribute the vaccine as intended and let it do its job. People will have to wait and it will take longer to get folks vaccinated, but we have to start protecting our health care workers. Especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's likely each causing big surges.

If our healthcare workers get stretched much more, those systems are going to start breaking down and the death toll is going to skyrocket.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:27 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

No. The trial was not powered to determine efficacy after the first dose.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:24 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
Lol -106!

I'm group 1. I'd rather elderly get it first - seeing their suffering makes me want to see those at most risk to life get it first.
My wife works in a nursing home and I understand what you mean
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:40 AM 12-12-2020
Here’s my deal.

There was an individual in the SWMO area who got COVID once back in April, very mild. Then, they got it again a month ago and were hospitalized, I’m not even sure whether they lived or not but word was that they had major breathing issues upon admission.

Now, that may not be the case for everybody (the virus being way worse a second round), probably isn’t. But there’s a chance that if you wait on a vaccine, the SOB is going to hit you hard the second time you get it. Probably an equal or better chance of that then there is of the vaccine not being effective in a good way.

I tested positive for COVID this week and it has went about as I would have expected so far, not a ton of fun but I’m OK big picture right now. Still, I’ll take the vaccine, esp on the heels of the FDA news rather than take my chances with a potential round 2.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:48 AM 12-12-2020
I’ve been on the fence ( scared of it ) screw it I am getting it when my turn comes up
[Reply]
Pablo 11:48 AM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I guess I'm a bigger fan than you. :-)
Yeah, you guessed right.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:49 AM 12-12-2020
Reports from France.

(It's a bit jumbled in translation to English)
PFIZER VACCINE: A WORRYING LEVEL OF ADVERSE EFFECTS, PROFESSOR CAUMES SAYS

“I’m one of those promoting vaccine the most. […] I’m even convinced vaccine is the only think that can get ourselves out of a bind” he says on LCI. The professor explains he trusts AstraZeneca vaccine and even the Chinese vaccine more than the Pfizer one.

When reading data made available by Pfizer, La Pitié-Salpêtrière hospital epidemiologic unit head started to worry. “There may be a problem in the Pfizer vaccine”, Caumes thinks. “The rate of adverse effects is exceptionally high. There are more side effects in young people than elderly people, and even more after the second dose than the first one”. Data from the Pfizer laboratory report many side effects. “15.8% of people aged 18-55 have had a 38°C+ [fever] within the seven days following the second injection. And 45% of them had to take medicine against fever or pain. 55% of people got a headache, 62% fatigue” professor Caumes lists to Le Parisien.

In spite of it all, Eric Caumes urges elderly people to get vaccinated as soon as possible, but recommends young people and people without comorbidities to wait. “Other vaccines are coming. Rushing to these two vaccines (Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna) is precipitation excess”. He adds: “today, the world is rushing, we are in the middle of a commercial drift”.

The success of the Covid vaccines also depends on the future of science. According to the professor, it is crucial not to rush to the first remedy that exists and accept if a product is not reliable: “if one messes up, the entire vaccinology history will be brought into disrepute. Today, we feel like we have to choose a side. Everything is not black or white, it can be grey and we shall say so”.

https://www.sortiraparis.com/news/co...s-says/lang/en
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Here’s my deal.

There was an individual in the SWMO area who got COVID once back in April, very mild. Then, they got it again a month ago and were hospitalized, I’m not even sure whether they lived or not but word was that they had major breathing issues upon admission.

Now, that may not be the case for everybody (the virus being way worse a second round), probably isn’t. But there’s a chance that if you wait on a vaccine, the SOB is going to hit you hard the second time you get it. Probably an equal or better chance of that then there is of the vaccine not being effective in a good way.

I tested positive for COVID this week and it has went about as I would have expected so far, not a ton of fun but I’m OK big picture right now. Still, I’ll take the vaccine, esp on the heels of the FDA news rather than take my chances with a potential round 2.
It depends on your situation. I just got done with having covid and it was very mild. I’m waiting for more time to take the vaccine.

My mom is 65 and has smoked for years. That led to lung cancer 2 years ago in which she had 20% of her left lung removed. She’ll get the vaccine as soon as she can and I support her doing that.

My best friends wife is pregnant and she is adamant that she will not take this vaccine while pregnant. I think that’s the right move considering nobody who was pregnant was in the trials (rightfully so) so there is no data on potential issues.

Just depends on your situation.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:36 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It depends on your situation. I just got done with having covid and it was very mild. I’m waiting for more time to take the vaccine.

My mom is 65 and has smoked for years. That led to lung cancer 2 years ago in which she had 20% of her left lung removed. She’ll get the vaccine as soon as she can and I support her doing that.

My best friends wife is pregnant and she is adamant that she will not take this vaccine while pregnant. I think that’s the right move considering nobody who was pregnant was in the trials (rightfully so) so there is no data on potential issues.

Just depends on your situation.
It's not approved for pregnant women anyway.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:21 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by :
A 54-page staff report released Tuesday said there were four reported cases of Bell’s palsy among Moderna’s more than 30,000 clinical trial participants. Three of the participants who got Bell’s palsy also received the vaccine instead of a placebo shot. Pfizer’s trial similarly had four reported cases of Bell’s palsy out of some 43,000 participants. All four Bell’s palsy cases in Pfizer’s trial got the vaccine and not the placebo.
It's weird that each trial had exactly 4 cases of Bell's palsy. Sounds very suspicious, like they didn't want to favor one vaccine or the other so they lied and said both vaccines had exactly the same.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 38
« First < 243031323334 35363738 >
Up