ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 235 of 332
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Mecca 09:41 AM 07-01-2019
I watched it....#1 their buy in show is fucking brutal, they should probably pull back a bit on trying to be funny cause some of that was really awful. The actual PPV was solid and they are walking a line here, for every person that loves that Cody took a chair to the head I saw about 5 that had a fit about how that shouldn't ever be done anymore.

Honestly I saw a lot of stuff that would appeal to fans that were fans 10 years ago, we'll see how it goes.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:44 AM 07-01-2019
I'm not gonna freak out about one unprotected chair shot when guys are constantly getting dropped on their heads and Brock opens people up with potato elbows lol...thought the overreaction was over the top.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm not gonna freak out about one unprotected chair shot when guys are constantly getting dropped on their heads and Brock opens people up with potato elbows lol...thought the overreaction was over the top.
Tons of people lost their minds about the chair shot. It's mainly because it had become an industry standard to not take a chair shot to the head since well Benoit really.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:38 AM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The chair was gimmicked. However, when Spears hit Cody, the non-gimmicked top part of the chair wrapped around and caught him in the back of the head. Only the seat was gimmicked. Tony Khan is pretty big on safety so you could tell he was a bit pissed about it after the show.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 10:41 AM 07-01-2019
Yeah that chair shot was supposed to be protected. Thou it will be great to see used in the feud. Also the reason shawn attacked is cody called him a good hand.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:46 AM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Swanman:
The chair was gimmicked. However, when Spears hit Cody, the non-gimmicked top part of the chair wrapped around and caught him in the back of the head. Only the seat was gimmicked. Tony Khan is pretty big on safety so you could tell he was a bit pissed about it after the show.
Right...even if it wasn't I still didn't mind it.

Khan is against intergender wrestling as well so we won't be seeing that which I'm 100% all for, don't get all the hand wringing for it nowadays.
[Reply]
otherstar 12:39 PM 07-01-2019
What I can't believe is that some folks are dumb enough to think that Cody bladed the back of his head (I saw it on a FB pro-wrestling group).
[Reply]
Mecca 12:43 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by otherstar:
What I can't believe is that some folks are dumb enough to think that Cody bladed the back of his head (I saw it on a FB pro-wrestling group).
Tons of people think he did it....
[Reply]
Swanman 01:06 PM 07-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tons of people think he did it....
Well the Rhodes men like to bleed so it wouldn't surprise me. However, I think the top of the chair clipped him pretty good on the back of the head to cause that cut. A blading that requires 12 staples could only be done by New Jack.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:09 PM 07-01-2019
I think my overall thought is.....was that really worth it for Sean Spears?
[Reply]
Swanman 01:13 PM 07-01-2019
I think my overall thought is.....was that really worth it for Sean Spears?
I don't know how good or bad Spears really is so it could end up being really good. And if the chair was in fact gimmicked, there wasn't supposed to be such a bloody aftermath. I just see it as the start to building a match at All Out and pretty effective.

I just love the booking of the Cody/Allin match. I normally don't like draws but this one worked. Darby would have gotten destroyed but for hurting Cody's hand, which bought him valuable time. Also, he got over by absorbing a huge amount of punishment. So he ends up looking great and Cody does not come off looking weak.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:16 PM 07-01-2019
People are weird now by the way.....use to a huge bump would get people over...Allin took that ridiculous one in the corner to the floor and all I see is everyone bitching at what an unsafe fuck he is.
[Reply]
otherstar 01:49 PM 07-01-2019
A blading that requires 12 staples could only be done by New Jack.
That's why I don't think it was intentional.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:52 PM 07-01-2019
But seriously what happened? Foley takes a crazy cage bump and dude is over for life and how fucking insane he is etc etc.

Allin does that corner bump and people call him a stupid unsafe moron, what happened to fans?
[Reply]
Swanman 02:13 PM 07-01-2019
But seriously what happened? Foley takes a crazy cage bump and dude is over for life and how ****ing insane he is etc etc.

Allin does that corner bump and people call him a stupid unsafe moron, what happened to fans?
I haven't seen many people bitching about the coffin drop onto the apron. Maybe I just tune it out. He took the bump as well as he possibly could have given how bad it was. It was a far cry to what someone like Kota Ibushi does every single match with the 5 billion neckbumps he takes.
[Reply]
Page 235 of 332
« First < 135185225231232233234235 236237238239245285 > Last »
Up