ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 332
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rasslin is YES! YES! YES!
Reaper16 09:58 AM 04-08-2014
Last thread has well over 10,000 replies. Its body is breaking down like The Undertaker's. Seeing as we might have crossed the threshold into a new era in the business, here's a fresh new thread.

[Reply]
Mecca 08:29 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'd have tried to get Cornette for Smackdown. That dude would probably turn it into a massive success out of pure spite for most of AEWs top brass.
Ok I'm going to be honest here, dude would have a heartattack.

His ideas are also more dated than Heymans.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:30 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That he promptly drove into the ground and killed. Went to TNA years later and drove that company into the ground, too.

Great ideas like having Mic Foley fight a cardboard cutout, or letting Steve Austin walk right out the door.

I think he was a great mind for wrestling at one point, but that one point of time has came and gone.
He certainly didn't help matters, but I think it's a bit unfair to pin all the blame on him.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:44 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Bischoff basically signed a bunch of top notch talent and had 1 great idea......

But at the end of the day he's a name so that's what they're going for.
It wasn't even his idea, he ripped it off from NJPW...I have zero faith in him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:48 AM 06-27-2019
From PWInsider

The Eric Bischoff deal came together within the last several weeks. Bischoff has been working on pre-production of the planned Netflix Hulk Hogan biography film and had a slew of personal appearances booked. Over the last week, he quietly began canceling those appearance dates, so that is likely when he came to official terms with WWE. We are told he will be working directly with FOX as WWE builds their relationship with Smackdown's new home. To say this is a massive return to form for Bischoff is a grand understatement. We are told that WWE approached him about the role and that his previous work in collaborating with Turner Broadcasting. Spike and other networks in building past TV series was one of the reasons Bischoff was pitched for the position.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:48 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
It wasn't even his idea, he ripped it off from NJPW...I have zero faith in him.
Sure but to be real, all ideas are stolen now, they've all been done it's just about presentation.

Zero issues with stealing an angle from Japan to be honest with you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:03 AM 06-27-2019
Kind of odd that Triple H didn't get one of these roles. Much prefer him over Bischoff.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:16 AM 06-27-2019
He certainly didn't help matters, but I think it's a bit unfair to pin all the blame on him.
It was his call to go head to head with Monday Night Raw
[Reply]
Jerm 09:26 AM 06-27-2019
Kind of odd that Triple H didn't get one of these roles. Much prefer him over Bischoff.

[Reply]
Mecca 09:36 AM 06-27-2019
H is being groomed to take over the whole show and he's doing NXT, I doubt they want him to be head of creative.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:41 AM 06-27-2019
I doubt he really wants to be on the road 52 weeks a year right now

Wild card rules we get Hulk Hogan on Monday and Hollywood Hogan on Tuesday ...... i love it!

— Here comes THE PUSH (@RusevBUL) June 27, 2019

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:48 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
H is being groomed to take over the whole show and he's doing NXT, I doubt they want him to be head of creative.
Well, yeah. That's why you let him take on a bigger show first before he ends up with control over the entire company. Rehabbing SmackDown would've been a great opportunity to really prove himself.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 AM 06-27-2019
Also H has no experience in dealing with network execs.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:46 AM 06-27-2019
Final-ish card for FyterFest -

Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks vs. Pentagon Jr., Fenix, and Laredo Kid

Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela

Cody vs. Darby Allin

Adam Page vs. MJF vs. Jungle Boy vs. Jimmy Havoc

Yuka Sakazaki vs. Riho vs. Nyla Rose

Christopher Daniels vs. CIMA

HARDCORE MATCH (PRE-SHOW)
Michael Nakazawa vs. Jebailey

PRE-SHOW
SCU vs. Private Party vs. Best Friends
Winner advances to All Out for a shot at a first round bye in AEW World Tag Team Championship Tournament.

Overall for a free ppv, that's a solid lineup. The 6-man main event will be a ton of fun. Janela vs Moxley will hopefully be a nod back to Moxley's deathmatch roots. People get to see Darby Allin for the first time on the big stage against Cody. Daniels vs CIMA should be great as although both guys are getting up there in years, they absolutely can still work at a high level. The pre-show tag 3-way should be a great showcase. I can see Best Friends winning and then getting attacked by the Dark Order (Super Smash Bros) again. The 2 women's matches should be fun. Leva Bates was Blue Pants in NXT if you remember her.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:46 PM 06-27-2019
Sounds like FOX had no clue about this and isn't happy with the guy they got. :-)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 09:12 PM 06-29-2019
My god what a ppv.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 332
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284 > Last »
Up