ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
CoMoChief 12:19 PM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I like this show but they are running out of people to bring back...:-)
Wonder if they bring back Bad Boy Mike Barnes. The KKIII villain Daniel fights in the championship.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:07 PM 06-08-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Wonder if they bring back Bad Boy Mike Barnes. The KKIII villain Daniel fights in the championship.
Most assuredly. I am betting she has her own squad in the tournament and joins up. Or Daniel calls for backup.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:39 AM 05-27-2021
I mentioned earlier, I wasn't able to endure KKIII...let alone KK4. So these characters will be new to me. Still think they are going to kill this thing. They should stop after next season.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:03 AM 06-07-2021
After seeing this show listed on Netflix forever and a Day, and several rounds of thinking "maybe I should watch this"....wife and I finally started it last week. and ended up binging the entire thing.

absolutely love it. I have VERY low expectations going in, so maybe that helped. I liked how it doesn't really try to take itself too seriously; and I love how it seems to exist in this Valley / Karate universe / not based in reality. Just overall entertaining. Couldn't believe the number of original characters they rounded up / got them to agree to do it.

Zabka is absolutely awesome. I was shocked at how well he pulled this off.

as others have said, it does tend to feel a bit campy, but I reminded myself that I don't think their goal was to make some sort of serious series. The sound track is great too.

Granted, the wife and I are huge KK fans (not so much after 1 or 2) so I think that helps / pulls on the nostalgia strings. So glad we decided to watch it. Zabka makes it worth it to me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:47 PM 08-18-2021

ICYMI: #CobraKai co-creator & co-showrunner #JoshHeald explains why the series is nominated for Best Comedy and explores #DanielLaRusso & #JohnnyLawrence's dynamic. / #Netflix #RalphMacchio #WilliamZabka https://t.co/oBuLeFRywa

— Bleeding Cool (@bleedingcool) August 19, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:14 AM 12-30-2021
Season 4 Drops tomorrow or late tonight. Return of Terry Silver!
[Reply]
lcarus 11:32 AM 12-30-2021
Oh shit that's this week? I'm definitely in. I started this show this past summer and binge watched all 3 seasons in about a week.

It's a fun show. It's pretty dumb. You have people doing karate all over the place, but it's fun nonetheless.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:21 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:

It's a fun show. It's pretty dumb. You have people doing karate all over the place, but it's fun nonetheless.
Yea it definitely jumps the rails at times. Like the battle royal in the school. But overall it’s really well made. Made with alot of love towards the original movies.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:26 PM 12-30-2021
IMO, a lot of these series need to wrap up in 3 seasons, like a trilogy. This story...there is nothing too it anymore. They'll have hijinx and drama, but it's played out. That said...of course I'll watch season 4. But that might be it. I just can't see this thing being good for 6 seasons.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:47 PM 01-01-2022
It was good, but when they did the Silver PTSD & Kreese's sudden conscience concerning Johnny's wellbeing was irritating.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:26 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It was good, but when they did the Silver PTSD & Kreese's sudden conscience concerning Johnny's wellbeing was irritating.
Yeah, I thought it was decent, not as good as previous seasons, I think season 5 looks to have a shot at being worthwhile.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:44 AM 01-02-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler!

At some point though, the stakes are gonna have to be raised to life and death to keep it interesting. I'm not sure how many seasons they plan on making, but I'd be fine with them wrapping it up in 5.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:03 AM 01-02-2022
Spoiler!

At some point though, the stakes are gonna have to be raised to life and death to keep it interesting. I'm not sure how many seasons they plan on making, but I'd be fine with them wrapping it up in 5.
I want that unbeatable World Class athlete that brings mortifying dread that can and maybe will beat the senseis on all sides of Cobra Kai/Miyagi-Do/Eagle Fang dojos.

Like real life Ivan Drago Aleksandr Karelin.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 03:45 PM 01-03-2022
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kevrunner 06:00 PM 01-03-2022
It must be pretty easy to become efficient at Karate, the little skinny kid that was getting bullied, became a top contender in the tournament after, what I’m guessing, was only a couple weeks of training.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up