ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 932 of 1207
« First < 432832882922928929930931932 9339349359369429821032 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Pablo 10:49 AM 06-17-2019
But that was my very first attempt at smoking anything and just watched a bunch of YouTube videos to figure it out so I viewed this as a learning run.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:16 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
But that was my very first attempt at smoking anything and just watched a bunch of YouTube videos to figure it out so I viewed this as a learning run.
Learning with ribs is a bold move LOL. It took my dumbass awhile before I was brave enough for ribs.

The biggest thing I’ve learned over the years is give yourself way more time than you think you need. Then if it’s done early foil it and stick it in the oven on low or something. Eating shit Q because you ran out of time is not fun and something I’ve done more than Once.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:19 AM 06-17-2019
You eat shit for breakfast?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:34 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
.88 cent hot dogs.....LOL

We have all been there, done that, but you know know to put them on early and in my case bag em and wrap in towel in warm cooler for an hout, If you have to bust into them they are great if they need to hold they are still great, That's one major benifit of smoking and Sous Vide cooking. Once you areready to eat put them on 325 smoker on full smoke for an hour and yes, they will be great.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:37 AM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Learning with ribs is a bold move LOL. It took my dumbass awhile before I was brave enough for ribs.

The biggest thing I’ve learned over the years is give yourself way more time than you think you need. Then if it’s done early foil it and stick it in the oven on low or something. Eating shit Q because you ran out of time is not fun and something I’ve done more than Once.
Oh these ribs were free to me. Buddy worked at a pork processing plant and they were in my deep freeze. Just wanted to use them up. They weren't that far under but I think an hour more would have been the move. I prefer a bit more pull than falling apart personally.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:47 AM 06-17-2019
Always want pull but the membrane, cartilage, connective tissue has to cook down, It's the flavor. I never get meat hot enough to cause fall of but I have fallen asleep ... Those ribs went in to chili...
[Reply]
tooge 12:02 PM 06-17-2019
they looked great Pablo. There really is nothing to cooking/smoking ribs. Some people prefer them to fall off the bone. If you are one of those, cook them for 5 -6 hours at 250 degrees. Some prefer them to pull away but just where you bite them. If you are one of those, cook them for 5-6 hours at 225. It really is that simple. Yes you can wrap them,etc. Honestly though, you only need to put wood on at the beginning of the cook, as the ribs will only take on smoke for a couple of hours, so wrapping is a personal preference. Ribs and pork shoulder are easy. Brisket is a different story.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:04 PM 06-17-2019
I was catching an afternoon buzz and got them on about an hour later than I wanted so next time I'm gonna get my timing down. Got another two pack in the deep freeze I might do for the 4th though. They still taste good and I figured the wife would complain because she likes them falling off the bone but she only had good things to say. Those funeral potatoes were the thing I couldn't stop eating.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:10 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by tooge:
they looked great Pablo. There really is nothing to cooking/smoking ribs. Some people prefer them to fall off the bone. If you are one of those, cook them for 5 -6 hours at 250 degrees. Some prefer them to pull away but just where you bite them. If you are one of those, cook them for 5-6 hours at 225. It really is that simple. Yes you can wrap them,etc. Honestly though, you only need to put wood on at the beginning of the cook, as the ribs will only take on smoke for a couple of hours, so wrapping is a personal preference. Ribs and pork shoulder are easy. Brisket is a different story.
Thanks. I'm gonna do a butt sometime soon too. I'll hold off on brisket until I'm very good on my rig and want to drop that kinda coin.

It wasn't bad once I got my temp dialed in just spritzed them with apple juice and acv every 45 mins or so. Used the snake method on my kettle. Worked great and just threw some hickory chunks on at the beginning.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:55 PM 06-17-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You eat shit for breakfast?
:-) :-) - He called the poop shit.
[Reply]
In58men 03:17 PM 06-20-2019
Took a little trip to Pismo Beach with the wife. Stopped at Hoagie’s for some grub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
vailpass 03:20 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Took a little trip to Pismo Beach with the wife. Stopped at Hoagie’s for some grub.

Are those pics before or after?
[Reply]
srvy 03:20 PM 06-20-2019
Lower photo looks good but the top is a mess.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:24 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Fried clam hoagie. Would smash. Is that clam chowder on top and crab meat?

Brisket and fry wrap?
[Reply]
In58men 07:53 PM 06-20-2019
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Fried clam hoagie. Would smash. Is that clam chowder on top and crab meat?

Brisket and fry wrap?
Yes, the above picture has crab and shrimp.

The wrap was tri-tip. I wish it was brisket.
[Reply]
Page 932 of 1207
« First < 432832882922928929930931932 9339349359369429821032 > Last »
Up