ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 831 of 1207
« First < 331731781821827828829830831 832833834835841881931 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Fish 11:44 AM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm doing a pulled smoked chicken today with an Alabama white sauce. Slaw and grilled corn on the cob.

I figured I'd use the leftover grilled corn and do an elote stuffed jalapeno popper. I'm thinking corn, mayo, cotija cheese, squeeze of lime, chili powder, wrapped in bacon and thrown on the smoker. Sweet from the corn, heat from the peno, and savory from the bacon, with a touch of smoke. Sounds like the perfect bite.

[Reply]
KCUnited 12:01 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Now that sounds good. How do you plan on smoking the chicken? Split or whole? What type of wood? Any rub? Seasoning under the skin?
Spatchcock chicken and I rub on top and under the skin. Apple wood (only type on hand). I'm using a store bought white sauce and will doctor it as needed. The flagship restaurant is in my neighborhood but I've never tried it. I've seen it in Hyvee stores around KC as well.

https://lilliesq.com/shop/sauces/ivory/
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:08 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Haha, I'm positive they've been done before but it came to me as I was lying awake this morning craving elotes, and at the same time, wondering what to make for the Chiefs game. We'll see how it goes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:44 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Making the most awesome French onion dip. Then doing a crockpot of pulled pork and beef chili for dinner. Cast iron corn bread. Summer sausage and cheese for snacking as well.

Good amount of vodka beforehand I'd guess. Might do a bloody ceasar.
Damn, you're going all in... just have it all done before 3pm :-)

Oh yeah, the vodka will flow for sure
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:03 PM 09-08-2018
Long live Pepperheads

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I may not always seek out ghost peppers for everything, but very very very few Italian dishes, particularly those with a red sauce, including pizza and lasagna taste as good as they do after this

And I too vouch for sweet/hot as my favorite flavor combo in most situations.

All sorts of situations call for heat, at least for my tastes.

Burritos better with a hot salsa
Eggs better with Tabasco
Popcorn better with Scorpion Pepper Salt
Same for Mac'n'Cheese
The hotter the Indian food, the better
Same for Thai, Korean and Vietnamese
etc., etc.

Most all except for desserts and drinks.

Meat and Potatoes are fine with just savory and Maillard. Steak, Pot Roast, Shepherds Pie, etc. I don't need spice for those.

Chinese is good spicy [Szechuan], but also good just savory/garlicky [Lo Mein, Broccoli Beef, etc].

That's about all the exceptions.

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:54 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Beer can chicken with yardbird rub. Always easy, delicious and done in a couple hours.
Thats my winner, grabbed a nice whole chicken at Aldi and will be doing a loaded baked potato with it

Using an Aldi rub I've had for a while and reeeally love called Brew Pub Chicken

https://goo.gl/images/U1jR8w
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:03 PM 09-08-2018
How about Jack Shit because thats what I'm having on my fucking fast!
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:13 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
How about Jack Shit because thats what I'm having on my ****ing fast!
Pre-medical exam imposed fast, or are you doing this to yourself?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:15 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Pre-medical exam imposed fast, or are you doing this to yourself?
Myself. With the season starting I'm fasting on saturdays. Because sunday will be bad for my health.:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Myself. With the season starting I'm fasting on saturdays. Because sunday will be bad for my health.:-)
Man, **** that... go get yourself a bigass ribeye and some charcoal :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:21 PM 09-08-2018
Pulled chicken sammy with white bbq sauce, slaw, pickles, and gouda. Would smash again.

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:27 PM 09-08-2018
Pulled chicken sammy with white bbq sauce, slaw, pickles, and gouda. Would smash again.

I had to google 'white bbq sauce' earlier, I'd never heard of it

Mayo based with vinegar, lemon, mustard, horseradish and/or garlic etc... is that about right?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:33 PM 09-08-2018
It's an Alabama thing.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:36 PM 09-08-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I had to google 'white bbq sauce' earlier, I'd never heard of it

Mayo based with vinegar, lemon, mustard, horseradish and/or garlic etc... is that about right?
That's pretty close to what the label lists on the sauce I used. It was tangier than I expected so I went with a sweeter slaw dressing to balance it. It was certainly a different take on a bbq sandwich, but a nice change up nonetheless.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:15 AM 09-09-2018

Oh hell yes. That looks good.

I made my own white bbq sauce earlier this year for the first time and really dig it. Not something I'll whip up all the time, but definitely worth keeping in the rotation.
[Reply]
Page 831 of 1207
« First < 331731781821827828829830831 832833834835841881931 > Last »
Up