ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:53 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is understandable to be worried about taking anything new vaccine/ medication , the risks from covid far out weight risks from vaccine for your health your families health and the economy.

We vaccinate young healthy people who are low risk all the time even for things that have a really low risk of death.
Many new vaccines have been introduced i the last 20 years haven’t really seen the same kind of backlash for the varicella , HPV, pneumonia vaccines .
There is a pretty big backlash for HPV vaccine.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
This,

If you are scared or worried get the vaccine. If you are not, dont get it.

Why is this so hard to understand, your health is not my problem.
Sure.

We had 4 deaths in my family from Covid so we were all happy to get the vaccine and be done with this whole ordeal.

I don't give a shit what you do. Have at it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:55 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Sure.

We had 4 deaths in my family from Covid so we were all happy to get the vaccine and be done with this whole ordeal.

I don't give a shit what you do. Have at it.
Good you make your health choices I'll make mine. Condolences
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:57 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I would prefer my 6 year old daughter with asthma who can't get the vaccine not get COVID.

https://ncov2019.live/calculator
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:59 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
But If those people are already being vaccinated then what's the harm if you wait? The vaccine is is widely available now if your high risk you can get it. So if I decide to hold off a bit because I'm not worried it should be ok because if your high risk and you decide to not get vaccinated well wouldn't that be your own fault?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
The harm is we will never reach herd immunity if enough selfish shitstains abstain from taking the vaccine. We're already seeing the UK variant become the predominant strain in America. More and more variants are possible as long as there is a large enough group of hosts for the virus to spread, replicate, and evolve. We are going to remain in a perpetual state of waiting for the next surge of cases as long as enough people hold out on getting the vaccine. You want masks and travel restrictions to go away? Take the fucking vaccine.

And people can :-) about this vaccine being rushed. You think the FDA/CDC were the only ones to approve such vaccines? The EU, UK, and countless other government and scientific agencies around the world have approved these vaccines as well. You're talking literally tens of thousands of scientists around the world who have put countless hours into researching the vaccines, their effectiveness, and their safety. Dozens of countries with their own mechanisms for authorizing new treatments have come to the same conclusion, that the vaccines are safe and the benefits far outweigh any risk.

We're already 6 months in with Pfizer and Moderna and the side effects have been negligible. Sure, side effects exist. Side effects also exist for just about every medication you get prescribed by your doctors, some of them fatal. When is the point at which you numbskulls will finally say they have enough data and won't worry about the emergency use authorization? Is it at one year? Is it at two years? When?

The longer you wait the longer you're helping to prolong the pandemic, and the end result will be you having waited for no reason. Absolutely nothing will change from now until the traditional timeline when vaccines are normally approved. Some new symptoms aren't going to magically start popping up a year into people having been vaccinated that didn't appear 6-months in.

Don't be a selfish prick.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:00 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The harm is we will never reach herd immunity if enough selfish shitstains abstain from taking the vaccine. We're already seeing the UK variant become the predominant strain in America. More and more variants are possible as long as there is a large enough group of hosts for the virus to spread, replicate, and evolve. We are going to remain in a perpetual state of waiting for the next surge of cases as long as enough people hold out on getting the vaccine. You want masks and travel restrictions to go away? Take the fucking vaccine.

And people can :-) about this vaccine being rushed. You think the FDA/CDC were the only ones to approve such vaccines? The EU, UK, and countless other government and scientific agencies around the world have approved these vaccines as well. You're talking literally tens of thousands of scientists around the world who have put countless hours into researching the vaccines, their effectiveness, and their safety. Dozens of countries with their own mechanisms for authorizing new treatments have come to the same conclusion, that the vaccines are safe and the benefits far outweigh any risk.

We're already 6 months in with Pfizer and Moderna and the side effects have been negligible. Sure, side effects exist. Side effects also exist for just about every medication you get prescribed by your doctors, some of them fatal. When is the point at which you numbskulls will finally say they have enough data and won't worry about the emergency use authorization? Is it at one year? Is it at two years? When?

The longer you wait the longer you're helping to prolong the pandemic, and the end result will be you having waited for no reason. Absolutely nothing will change from now until the traditional timeline when vaccines are normally approved. Some new symptoms aren't going to magically start popping up a year into people having been vaccinated that didn't appear 6-months in.

Don't be a selfish prick.
Funny,

Herd Immunity has happened before vaccines were invented........
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:01 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The harm is we will never reach herd immunity if enough selfish shitstains abstain from taking the vaccine. We're already seeing the UK variant become the predominant strain in America. More and more variants are possible as long as there is a large enough group of hosts for the virus to spread, replicate, and evolve. We are going to remain in a perpetual state of waiting for the next surge of cases as long as enough people hold out on getting the vaccine. You want masks and travel restrictions to go away? Take the ****ing vaccine.

And people can :-) about this vaccine being rushed. You think the FDA/CDC were the only ones to approve such vaccines?
You may want to get your facts straight before you get on the soap box genius. The vaccine is NOT FDA approved. Its experimental and they tell you this repeatedly when you get the vaccine.

Nothing like someone who doesn't even know what they are talking about lecturing others and calling them ignorant.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:02 AM 04-08-2021
Funny,

Sure it has, just with a lot more deaths. Are you really trying to go back to how things were before vaccines and modern medicine?
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM 04-08-2021
Funny,

Not to RNA viruses (atleast not to the same level as DNA viri).

As we're seeing with the antigenic drift, it'll keep circulating and changing.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:03 AM 04-08-2021
Funny,

Pretty amazing isnt it?
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Pretty amazing isnt it?
Why would anyone choose to get there via natural infections vs vaccination?
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:04 AM 04-08-2021
Jon Krakauer's dad had childhood polio that rebounded in his 60s and drove him literally insane with pain. He died out of his mind, strapped to a hospital bed.

People who had chicken pox are at higher risk of shingles when they get older.

We have no idea yet if covid can have long term repercussions like this. The vaccine is just orders of magnitude less risky than catching covid - any way you look at it. Even with AstraZeneca the odds of blood clots are like 100x less than a birth control pill.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:06 AM 04-08-2021
Weird the number of people accusing others of being selfish when demanding others do things for their benefit.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:07 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You may want to get your facts straight before you get on the soap box genius. The vaccine is NOT FDA approved. Its experimental and they tell you this repeatedly when you get the vaccine.

Nothing like someone whop doesn't even know what they are talking about lecturing others and calling them ignorant.
Semantics, that's not what I said dumbass and isn't the point.

The point is the FDA isn't the only group that has granted the "authorization" or "emergency use authorization", however you want to call it. The point is there are dozen of other governments and authorities around the world who have approved the same vaccines after doing their own process of research and authorization.

And full approval is just around the corner, Pfizer is now in the process of filing for full approval. Do you think anything will have changed if it's granted full approval in a month or two from now? Will the stamp of approval from the FDA finally make jackasses like you feel safe to take the vaccine?
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:08 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Weird the number of people accusing others of being selfish when demanding others do things for their benefit.
This exactly lol
[Reply]
Page 6 of 28
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up