ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:27 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This thread is about the draft though. Whoever the Chiefs take they will probably still look for a stopgap vet so I don't think that really affects the purpose of this thread.

I for one think it is OT or WR, I can't see any other position being taken in the first. I'm team Rashod Bateman / Terrace Marshall or team Walker Little / Tevin Jenkins
It'll BPA.

Yeah yeah mocks have Bateman and Marshall going in the first.

I wouldn't be surprised if either of those guys are still on the board come day 2.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Which is exactly why I said I'd have a problem with any rookie playing LT. I'm all for signing a stop-gap Vet as insurance and letting the rest play out... Regarding Brown, we know that he can play, and I'd much rather roll with him than any rookie, but I don't want to part with the capital it will take to get him, it's for that reason that I'm not high on that possibility.
My point is that there's likely to be a rookie starting somewhere.

If you draft a LT, you probably won't have Niang at RT since that would essentially be TWO rookies.

If they think they're going to draft a LT and need a stop gap, they'd have to sign one. The pickings there are getting quite slim.

If they think they're going to draft a RT (because Niang is the LT) and need a stop gap, they already have TWO on the roster.

I'm not openly advocating for putting Niang at LT but if he can play left tackle and they believe in him, putting him there is by far the best situation for the Chiefs because then they can literally do whatever they want in the draft and not have to worry about still having holes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 04-22-2021
This thread is about the draft though. Whoever the Chiefs take they will probably still look for a stopgap vet so I don't think that really affects the purpose of this thread.

I for one think it is OT or WR, I can't see any other position being taken in the first. I'm team Rashod Bateman / Terrace Marshall or team Walker Little / Tevin Jenkins
Defensive end is a big possibility. It's a good class and they could definitely use one.

And they could go CB. After WR, the CB class this year is the best in the draft. And you can always use more of them. They could go with Samuel or Newsome, cover their bases for when Ward leaves (and he likely will), and it gives them flexibility with Sneed.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:39 PM 04-22-2021
They won't draft CB in the first, why would they? Clearly they identify good corners on the regular or coach them up. DE is deep but because it is deep they can get that position later. Keyes and Baker are already on the team too.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:49 PM 04-22-2021
First rd DE would be great, assuming we get a quality tackle in rd 2
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 PM 04-22-2021
They won't draft CB in the first, why would they? Clearly they identify good corners on the regular or coach them up. DE is deep but because it is deep they can get that position later. Keyes and Baker are already on the team too.
Why would they?

Because Baker is a potential bust/wash out who might not even be able to make the team and Keyes is a late round pick that needs more time to get integrated, if he ever does.

This is one of the better CB classes in a long time and it's a VERY expensive position to maintain after initial rookie contracts expire.

There's a lot more to the draft than just immediate need, although with Ward being a free agent after next year and Fenton and Sneed being actual starting material, they absolutely have a need.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:52 PM 04-22-2021
The only positions you can legitimately say with any certainty that they won’t take in the first round is QB, P and K. Everything else is an option.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 04-22-2021
And just FYI, they've only met with 3 players right now that have solid 1st round grades. 2 of the 3 are CB's.

If you don't think the Chiefs might take a CB, you're kidding yourself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:53 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The only positions you can legitimately say with any certainty that they won’t take in the first round is QB, P and K. Everything else is an option.
Yep.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:01 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

If you don't think the Chiefs might take a CB, you're kidding yourself.

I don't think they're going to take a CB

in the first
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they take a RB in the first, I won't be a fan for a while. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:43 PM 04-22-2021
I don't think they're going to take a CB

in the first
That's because you're thinking they'll only take a "position of need". I don't think the Chiefs F/O are thinking that narrowly.

DE, LB, CB, WR, OL....i think all of those positions are in play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:44 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they take a RB in the first, I won't be a fan for a while. :-)
I doubt we'll see ANY rb go in the 1st.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:52 PM 04-22-2021
I could ABSOLUTELY see Pittsburgh take Najee Harris. Tomlin's been talking him up and just signed an extension and could easily flex his leverage. People in Pittsburgh have been talking about this for a few weeks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:02 PM 04-22-2021
I could ABSOLUTELY see Pittsburgh take Najee Harris. Tomlin's been talking him up and just signed an extension and could easily flex his leverage. People in Pittsburgh have been talking about this for a few weeks.
But they need so much more. A center, a tackle, a QB.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up