ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
TEX 11:20 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What do you mean?
IMO, it represents moving the goal post and settling on an experiment to protect Mahomes. This was in no way the original plan. If it were, then why go after Williams in the first place? We don't even know if Naing can play.
[Reply]
TEX 11:22 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s the usual “Niang hasn’t played football in 2 years” crap.
Part of it is. And it should not be regarded as "crap" until Naing proves otherwise. IMO, there is reason for a bit of concern.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:26 AM 04-22-2021
It’s the usual “Niang hasn’t played football in 2 years” crap.
It is an insignificant concern that Niang hasn't even participated in an organized football practice... college or NFL... since October 2019?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:27 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO, it represents moving the goal post and settling on an experiment to protect Mahomes. This was in no way the original plan. If it were, then why go after Williams in the first place? We don't even know if Naing can play.
They went after Williams because you should always be looking at upgrades.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:29 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It is an insignificant concern that Niang hasn't even participated in an organized football practice... college or NFL... since October 2019?
I didn’t say there shouldn’t be any concern but there better be a concern with starting a rookie then as well. They’ve never played in the NFL either.
[Reply]
TEX 11:32 AM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Exactly. It's certainly warranted IMO.
[Reply]
TEX 11:37 AM 04-22-2021
I didn’t say there shouldn’t be any concern but there better be a concern with starting a rookie then as well. They’ve never played in the NFL either.
But you referred to it as "crap" so I took that to mean you had no concern... FWIW, I'll be concerned with any rookie LT as well, but depending on who it is, I may or may not be as concerned as I would be with Naing playing there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:42 AM 04-22-2021
But you referred to it as "crap" so I took that to mean you had no concern... FWIW, I'll be concerned with any rookie LT as well, but depending on who it is, I may or may not be as concerned as I would be with Naing playing there.
I referred to it as crap because it’s the go to when it comes to Niang. And then those same people want to start a rookie who may or may not have played a full season and may or may not have played LT in college.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:50 AM 04-22-2021
And what are you concerned about with Niang not playing in nearly 2 years?

You are aware he’s been training right? Veach has kept his eye on him and communicated often.

If he can play he can play. If not, then he can’t. Not sure what time off has to do with this
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 04-22-2021
Because Veach is an opportunistic guy.

Andy basically said it in his press conference:

1) The coaches feel like the line is solid.

2) They felt like Niang had the ability to play LT and

3) They had aspirations of putting him there after seeing him work out but

4) Veach is a guy that's ALWAYS looking for upgrades at every position. He never stops looking and never stops evaluating positions, even if it looks like they are set.

In other words, Veach went after Williams because he saw an opportunity to grab one of the best LT's in football, not because Andy told him they were thin at the position and needed a left tackle. Filling that spot didn't require Williams but Williams would have filled it to a level beyond anybody else.

As for Niang, no we don't know if he can play. We also don't know if any of the guys in this draft can play, including Penei Sewell. Sewell missed half of his freshman season with an injury, showed tremendous growth in his sophomore season, and then opted out in 2020 and didn't play in a single game. There's still unanswered questions, even with him, as small as they might be.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:02 PM 04-22-2021
My only real concern with Niang is those goddamn chicken legs.

The lack of recent playing time is of course a concern, but i mean damn there's a lot of pro players and draftable players in that same boat so it's kinda hard to hold it against him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 04-22-2021
Niang hasn't played in 2, Long hasn't played in 2, LDT hasn't played in 1....hell the rookie we draft may not have played last season.

Sounds like a lotta fresh bodies to me!
[Reply]
TEX 12:13 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Niang hasn't played in 2, Long hasn't played in 2, LDT hasn't played in 1....hell the rookie we draft may not have played last season.

Sounds like a lotta fresh bodies to me!
Well, that's certainly one way to look at it!
[Reply]
TEX 12:21 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because Veach is an opportunistic guy.

Andy basically said it in his press conference:

1) The coaches feel like the line is solid.

2) They felt like Niang had the ability to play LT and

3) They had aspirations of putting him there after seeing him work out but

4) Veach is a guy that's ALWAYS looking for upgrades at every position. He never stops looking and never stops evaluating positions, even if it looks like they are set.

In other words, Veach went after Williams because he saw an opportunity to grab one of the best LT's in football, not because Andy told him they were thin at the position and needed a left tackle. Filling that spot didn't require Williams but Williams would have filled it to a level beyond anybody else.

As for Niang, no we don't know if he can play. We also don't know if any of the guys in this draft can play, including Penei Sewell. Sewell missed half of his freshman season with an injury, showed tremendous growth in his sophomore season, and then opted out in 2020 and didn't play in a single game. There's still unanswered questions, even with him, as small as they might be.
Which is exactly why I said I'd have a problem with any rookie playing LT. I'm all for signing a stop-gap Vet as insurance and letting the rest play out... Regarding Brown, we know that he can play, and I'd much rather roll with him than any rookie, but I don't want to part with the capital it will take to get him, it's for that reason that I'm not high on that possibility.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:25 PM 04-22-2021
This thread is about the draft though. Whoever the Chiefs take they will probably still look for a stopgap vet so I don't think that really affects the purpose of this thread.

I for one think it is OT or WR, I can't see any other position being taken in the first. I'm team Rashod Bateman / Terrace Marshall or team Walker Little / Tevin Jenkins
[Reply]
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Up