ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
rukiddingme 02:16 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everybody wants a healthy Sammy replacement but they forget he was a top 10 pick. That shit isn’t happening.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would argue we don’t need a Sammy Watkins, just a solid receiver that can separate and block.

Chris Conley filled in for Sammy for 6 games and did a solid job. We’ve just had garbage like Robinson filling that role
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I can agree with you there. I’m still looking at grabbing one in the first three rounds though.
As a newcomer to this thead...

I may be missing the point, but why would you need a top 10 overall prospect to replace Sammy? How many of the best WRs in the NFL right now were top 10 picks. How many of the top 10 guys have significantly outperformed guys like Terry McLaurin, Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, JuJu etc?

I'm sure you agree its about value when you're picking and who is left at the other positions you need to fill. That said, who are your favorites at WR that we might be able to pick up from our draft position?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by rukiddingme:
As a newcomer to this thead...

I may be missing the point, but why would you need a top 10 overall prospect to replace Sammy? How many of the best WRs in the NFL right now were top 10 picks. How many of the top 10 guys have significantly outperformed guys like Terry McLaurin, Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, JuJu etc?

I'm sure you agree its about value when you're picking and who is left at the other positions you need to fill. That said, who are your favorites at WR that we might be able to pick up from our draft position?
To be fair, The Franchise said "first 3 rounds".

Most of the guy you listed were 2nd round picks. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:41 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We all know he won't be healthy all season, which means the rook will play at some point. :-)
which is also fine.
[Reply]
rukiddingme 02:43 PM 04-07-2021
To be fair, The Franchise said "first 3 rounds".

Most of the guy you listed were 2nd round picks. :-)
Totally fair. I'm in agreement there. I'm just saying you don't need a top 10 pick to replace Sammy's production. His potential, maybe. I haven't been tape dogging this draft class so I don't know who the potential starters in the second round and later are, but it seems like there are a lot of WR options available after 31 who could make a difference in year 1 where tackle may be a different story.

That said if Devonta Smith starts falling, and you decide to move up to get him, I'm probably not upset.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:47 PM 04-07-2021
Totally fair. I'm in agreement there. I'm just saying you don't need a top 10 pick to replace Sammy's production. His potential, maybe. I haven't been tape dogging this draft class so I don't know who the potential starters in the second round and later are, but it seems like there are a lot of WR options available after 31 who could make a difference in year 1 where tackle may be a different story.

That said if Devonta Smith starts falling, and you decide to move up to get him, I'm probably not upset.
there's very little that Veach could do that would piss me off.

But I'm not moving up for a WR, when that guy is going to be your third read 90% of the time. I'm just not going to do that.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:57 PM 04-07-2021
A football player
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

But I'm not moving up for a WR, when that guy is going to be your third read 90% of the time. I'm just not going to do that.
With Mahomes i would, if they really feel that the WR they're moving up for is special.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 04-07-2021
Totally fair. I'm in agreement there. I'm just saying you don't need a top 10 pick to replace Sammy's production.
Well shit, Byron Pringle could replace Sammy's production. Dude didn't produce because he was never on the field.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:01 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You get a third elite pass catcher though opposing defenses are freaking screwed. That is what Veach thought he was getting with Watkins. You can't leave a wide receiver of Devonta Smiths caliber in single man coverage. You just can't do that. How do you make Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce even more dangerous? Put a high level talent out there as your third option that demands respect.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:06 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
You get a third elite pass catcher though opposing defenses are freaking screwed. That is what Veach thought he was getting with Watkins. You can't leave a wide receiver of Devonta Smiths caliber in single man coverage. You just can't do that. How do you make Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce even more dangerous? Put a high level talent out there as your third option that demands respect.
sure. I just don't think you have to draft a guy like that high in the first, and I don't want to give away draft capital for that spot.

A lot of top WR's come in other rounds. A lot of top guys flop. I think that position is pretty volatile.

If we had a healthy Fisher and Schwartz going into this draft I might. But we've got some holes that need filling.

For what it's worth, I'm totally into drafting Terrance Marshall Jr. I think he's a perfect fit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:07 PM 04-07-2021
As far as WR goes, im thinking that Rashod Bateman goes somewhere between late 2nd and late 3rd. I think the Chiefs will have have a chance to take him with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'd like to see that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As far as WR goes, im thinking the Rashod Bateman goes somewhere between late 2nd and late 3rd. I think the Chiefs will have have a chance to take him with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'd like to see that.
Wut?

Bateman is a top 25 pick.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:11 PM 04-07-2021
As far as WR goes, im thinking that Rashod Bateman goes somewhere between late 2nd and late 3rd. I think the Chiefs will have have a chance to take him with their 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'd like to see that.
Nigga what?? He’s projected between pick 10 and 20
[Reply]
rukiddingme 03:16 PM 04-07-2021
That would be a fun reality.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:17 PM 04-07-2021
Wut?

Bateman is a top 25 pick.
Maybe im wrong then, but i don't see him going in the top 25. I think he's a 2nd round pick. There's going to be at least 3-4 Wr's taken ahead of him.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 26
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up