ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who will be the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-05-2021
If they stay at 31: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

If they trade up: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma St.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:32 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everybody wants a healthy Sammy replacement but they forget he was a top 10 pick. That shit isn’t happening.
I would argue we don’t need a Sammy Watkins, just a solid receiver that can separate and block.

Chris Conley filled in for Sammy for 6 games and did a solid job. We’ve just had garbage like Robinson filling that role
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:33 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not from the comments I've read on him at practices. Most everyone noted substantial growth throughout the week on some core items, especially with hand placement and leverage.
I've read the opposite
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would argue we don’t need a Sammy Watkins, just a solid receiver that can separate and block.

Chris Conley filled in for Sammy for 6 games and did a solid job. We’ve just had garbage like Robinson filling that role
I can agree with you there. I’m still looking at grabbing one in the first three rounds though.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:39 AM 04-07-2021
Since you’ve switched to Brown at 31....do you think he starts day one?
I'd love for an Okung-like signing that takes some pressure off him starting immediately, even if that means he starts mid-season and lets him at least start learning how to combat NFL rushers. That said, I think he's much more advanced as a prospect in pass pro than in the run game, much like Forsythe, except he comes with much more athleticism and far better footwork. He'd take his lumps, but I'm pretty confident we wouldn't see the Super Bowl 2.0.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Patriots were so good for so long bc they took solid players in FA and the draft and had the QB and coach to put them over the top. We have the same thing here currently with Andy, Patrick and Spags.

We’re never going to get a first rd prospect picking so low, but getting CEH’s, Hardman’s and Thornhill’s is just fine.

The problem is when you start getting horrible ROI with picks like Speaks, Kpassagnon.

Lot of people hate picks like Hardman bc he isn’t healthy Sammy but forget that he’s been productive and helped us in multiple playoff games
Thats exactly my point though. Those are 2nd round type prospects. You can get those in the 2nd round every year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 04-07-2021
The thing with a vet signing and a high draft pick route is how Andy treats the OL. If he starts with the vet, he's not playing the rookie unless injury occurs.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:46 AM 04-07-2021
Some guy that will draw a mixed bag of FUTURE HOF!!!!!!, 'WHST THE HELL QERT VARCH' and OMG DAY 1 BUST.

A timeless CP draft day classic.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thats exactly my point though. Those are 2nd round type prospects. You can get those in the 2nd round every year.
What are you going to do? Trade every year?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 04-07-2021
The thing with a vet signing and a high draft pick route is how Andy treats the OL. If he starts with the vet, he's not playing the rookie unless injury occurs.
And as long as Okung is healthy....then that’s fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 04-07-2021
And as long as Okung is healthy....then that’s fine.
We all know he won't be healthy all season, which means the rook will play at some point. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What are you going to do? Trade every year?
Not every year. But if it's what it takes to fill the LT spot with someone they really like, yeah, I'd do it this year.

Seattle has consistently done it and they're still winning double digit games and making the playoffs every year. The Chiefs have done it the past however long and they're still thriving.

Those end of the first round picks just don't hold the value.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:59 AM 04-07-2021
Not every year. But if it's what it takes to fill the LT spot with someone they really like, yeah, I'd do it this year.

Seattle has consistently done it and they're still winning double digit games and making the playoffs every year. The Chiefs have done it the past however long and they're still thriving.

Those end of the first round picks just don't hold the value.
Are you really going to cite Seattle?

The number one thing holding them back from going to the Super Bowl is that their drafts overall have been AWFUL.

Downright awful.

Seriously. They're not thriving, they're limping along due to a Herculean effort by a top 3 QB to overcome all the dipshit moves they've made.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Are you really going to cite Seattle?

The number one thing holding them back from going to the Super Bowl is that their drafts overall have been AWFUL.

Downright awful.

Seriously. They're not thriving, they're limping along due to a Herculean effort by a top 3 QB to overcome all the dipshit moves they've made.
If our expectation is to be the Patriots and win that many SB's, we're gonna fail.

I operate under the expectation of winning double digit games and being right there every year in the mix.

Seattle's problem isn't that they've traded the picks. They've got pretty good return when they have. It's that when they haven't, they suck at drafting.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:17 AM 04-07-2021
If our expectation is to be the Patriots and win that many SB's, we're gonna fail.

I operate under the expectation of winning double digit games and being right there every year in the mix.

Seattle's problem isn't that they've traded the picks. They've got pretty good return when they have. It's that when they haven't, they suck at drafting.
My expectation is to NOT be the Seahawks.

Dude, their personnel moves have been awful.

Who have the acquired, other than Adams, in the past 5 years via trade? They've traded away a bunch of guys for draft picks and turned those picks into jack squat.

No I don't expect to be the Patriots. But you picked probably one of the worst teams in football to use as your example, seriously.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:43 AM 04-07-2021
Depends on who falls.

Hard to tell. Chiefs have a lot of options and a lot of holes to fill at 31.

I'd be surprised if they trade up. They're going to need draft capital in the coming yrs and probably just can't afford to do that.

If OT Teven Jenkins is there, doubtful...I think it'd be him.

WR Terrace Marshall Jr would also be nice here but Eagles are balls deep into this guy and prob won't make it to 31.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 26
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up