ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 138
« First < 2676116122123124125126 127128129130136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 10:12 PM 04-12-2021
Gio would have been nice depth.

Go get Gallman instead.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:39 AM 04-13-2021
I'm just trying to understand something here. We need some vets at LT, DE and Corner and guys like Okung, Clowney and Hayward are out there but we're still waiting??? If we sign them after the draft does it protect any potential comp picks for next year?? Just wondering because I can't fathom why Veach and co are waiting around tbh.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:59 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I'm just trying to understand something here. We need some vets at LT, DE and Corner and guys like Okung, Clowney and Hayward are out there but we're still waiting??? If we sign them after the draft does it protect any potential comp picks for next year?? Just wondering because I can't fathom why Veach and co are waiting around tbh.
Veach is probably opposed to using cap dollars on players who are made of glass.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 04-13-2021
See what you can fill via draft before spending money
[Reply]
In58men 09:21 AM 04-13-2021
The @AZCardinals continued to pick up veteran free agents as they have signed former Steelers RB @JamesConner_ one day after he flew in for a visit. @NFLonFOX
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:17 AM 04-13-2021
Conner sucks balls.
[Reply]
TRR 11:27 AM 04-13-2021
Good points from others on this below. Players are also willing to wait it out as well. Most have come to the realization that they aren’t going to get a long term deal, are willing to hold out and roll the dice on a team not being able to land an immediate starter in the draft. A few in the know have alluded to the available free agent OT’s shutting down negotiations until after the draft.
[Reply]
Wilson8 11:52 AM 04-13-2021
As we get closer to the NFL draft, it seems less likely that KC does a signing unless a really good team friendly deal can be made.

Late in the afternoon on the Monday following the draft, free agent signings no longer count for the comp pick formula.

If you look at the current KC roster and start counting players, the draft and signing of college UDFAs could actually fill several of the Chiefs current needs.

After the draft, we may still need some veterans. Spotrac.com shows us as having $12,568,349 of cap space. Overthecap.com shows us as having an effective cap space of $9,221,691. Not sure what effective cap space is and why the difference. We still need money to sign draft picks and teams like to keep a few million for in season possible roster changes.

Point is, unless we do another contract renegotiation, Chiefs really don't have a lot of money to spend on free agents.
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:38 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Conner sucks balls.
Kingsbury is an idiot so I’m guessing he starts this washed up clod over Chase Edmonds.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:46 PM 04-13-2021
Best to wait until after morrel season. In case of Lyme disease from tick bites.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:44 PM 04-13-2021
because everyone is pretty much at this point.

Contrary to CP popular opinion, there's no rush.

Most teams' cap space is drying up. There will be more cuts coming. More openings opening. FA's left haven't gotten offers that blew their socks off, so it's time to wait and see. The draft is coming here in a couple weeks. Now we wait.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:25 PM 04-13-2021
If we sign them after the draft does it protect any potential comp picks for next year?? Just wondering because I can't fathom why Veach and co are waiting around tbh.
yes
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 04-14-2021
Clowney signed with the Browns.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 04-14-2021
1 year 10 million.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 AM 04-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
1 year 10 million.
Yeahhhhhhhhh no fucking thanks.