ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3389 of 3903
« First < 2389288932893339337933853386338733883389 33903391339233933399343934893889 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Go Royals 09:15 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It was actually alot harder for me to get it than I thought it would be.

I dunno why. Not because of fear or anything, but I felt........like I didn't deserve it for some reason?

Being my age and such I really felt like I would rather give it to my grandmother. I know being in the job I am I'm at a high risk but it just felt off.

I really feel like those of us who have been fortunate enough to get it are very blessed and need to do what we can to pay it forward.
Yeah, I've had this feeling since the shot as well.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:34 AM 01-07-2021

I dunno why. Not because of fear or anything, but I felt........like I didn't deserve it for some reason?

Being my age and such I really felt like I would rather give it to my grandmother. I know being in the job I am I'm at a high risk but it just felt off.

I really feel like those of us who have been fortunate enough to get it are very blessed and need to do what we can to pay it forward.
I know you know this, but there's zero reason you should feel bad about it. Priority number one is getting this thing into as many arms as possible, so when someone says "you're up," you don't say no.

You can argue who is more deserving or whatever, but that's for the bureaucrats to decide unfortunately.
[Reply]
TLO 09:37 AM 01-07-2021
Our vaccine shipment got diverted. Again. As long as it's going to good use I'm ok with it, but I really want to see our people be offered the vaccine soon.
[Reply]
TLO 09:39 AM 01-07-2021

I do understand your thinking here. But seriously man, you spend hours a day starting into people's mouths. Where who knows what ungodly particles are flying all over you.

You deserve the shot.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I know you know this, but there's zero reason you should feel bad about it. Priority number one is getting this thing into as many arms as possible, so when someone says "you're up," you don't say no.

You can argue who is more deserving or whatever, but that's for the bureaucrats to decide unfortunately.
You're probably right. Still, I can't help but feel a bit unworthy I guess.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:54 AM 01-07-2021
My 90-year-old grandmother asked her doctor if she could give her spot to my 40-year-old cousin who is operating on one of his mom's kidneys. The answer was no, but just funny how different people have different perceptions of whether it's "fair" for them to be up.
[Reply]
O.city 10:00 AM 01-07-2021
My 90-year-old grandmother asked her doctor if she could give her spot to my 40-year-old cousin who is operating on one of his mom's kidneys. The answer was no, but just funny how different people have different perceptions of whether it's "fair" for them to be up.
This whole year has just been a whirlwind. You guys know what my family has gone thru, so there's alot of happiness that it's over, but reflection and such brings alot of tough feelings.

I'm just kinda beaten down.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 01-07-2021
On the bright side, my moms brain bleed has stopped and she's getting to go home today around 4.

Appreciate the thoughts
[Reply]
Kman34 10:08 AM 01-07-2021
This whole year has just been a whirlwind. You guys know what my family has gone thru, so there's alot of happiness that it's over, but reflection and such brings alot of tough feelings.

I'm just kinda beaten down.
I believe we go though hard times for a reason.. It may not be now but over time you will realize why.. Glad you got the shot..
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:11 AM 01-07-2021

Hospital data from Sweden, where schools stayed open, shows #Covid caused no deaths in children - and teachers were 57% LESS likely to need intensive care for Covid than other working adults. Yes, less likely.

We are destroying our kids FOR NOTHING.https://t.co/a8dTVgQYhZ

— Alex Berenson (@AlexBerenson) January 7, 2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 10:18 AM 01-07-2021

Yeah, "you're up" is basically how I'm looking at it, after delaying getting scheduled myself, since I'm low risk all around. Logistically though, every person who delays getting it now is one more person needing to be scheduled later, stand in line later, etc.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:21 AM 01-07-2021

You shouldn't feel guilty because you are in a high risk job plus there is lots of people that have already turned down getting it. As I said before we only had like a 50-60% acceptance rate so I don't feel guilty at all. They had their chance.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:19 AM 01-07-2021
Hospital sent an email yesterday and I thought one particular sentence was interesting. "In addition to vaccinating all of our healthcare workers, providers, and nurses, we are also vaccinating other healthcare professionals (i.e. dentists) not associated with the hospital."

I hadn't heard that before reading about it.
[Reply]
R Clark 11:27 AM 01-07-2021
Goes to show you were brought up to have morals and high character, values .says a lot for your parents.Don’t know you from Adam but they I’d bet your a good person
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Goes to show you were brought up to have morals and high character, values .says a lot for your parents.Don’t know you from Adam but they I’d bet your a good person
I try to do the best I can. I figure thats about all we can do.

This thread has been cathartic for me. I appreciate all you guys thru all this.
[Reply]
Page 3389 of 3903
« First < 2389288932893339337933853386338733883389 33903391339233933399343934893889 > Last »
Up