ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:04 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I really hope the Steelers come here this year so Nelson can continue to blame the fans when Mahomes hits Hill for an 80 yarder over his head.
He will find a way to blame it on Sutton
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If he hated Chiefs fans wait till he gets a full season of Pittsburgh fatties pissed at him for not turning his head.
Why the fuck did this get down voted? Yinzers are fucking notorious for being fickle assholes.
[Reply]
Bump 05:28 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
He sucked

Originally Posted by Sorry:
He's not wrong lol

Yeah.
[Reply]
jspchief 05:43 PM 04-17-2019
I'm not gonna trash players for hating on Sutton. He's saying the same shit I've always said about him. And while I never was fond of Nelson, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of our past defensive players have success on other teams or under different coaching.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:50 PM 04-17-2019
Did one of our completely forgettable CB's from last season have something to say about his former team on Twatter?

That's nice.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:00 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure he is.

But you know what? That coordinator gave you your shot. That coordinator is the reason you were a starting NFL cornerback and he put you on an island and let you succeed or fail.

Steven Nelson is a very wealthy man in no small part because of Bob Sutton. And he'll almost certainly play worse in Pittsburgh than he played in '18 and '16 here in Kansas City.

Dude - you got paid. You're starting for a marquis NFL franchise. ****ing quit your bitching about your former employer and go play football. It's just a ridiculously petty thing to do from a guy who's shown that streak his whole career.
Why does this remind of the 2 Live Crew song where he goes "Yo, dis Marquise baby, is you down wit' it?"

Other than that disturbing thought, I agree with everything said here, and would like to add :

**** Steven Nelson.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:04 PM 04-17-2019
Who let this guy out of the Looney bin?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:06 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Who let this guy out of the Looney bin?
Dude, if you're really referring to the person whom I think you're referring to in this thread, go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:08 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Dude, if you're really referring to the person whom I think you're referring to in this thread, go fuck yourself.
What? Rabble finally got let out of the Romper Room. It's a joke.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:09 PM 04-17-2019
William Bartee 2.0
[Reply]
Jethopper 07:19 PM 04-17-2019
Ward came in and made Nelson look like an arena player. We are witnessing the last days of Steeler Relevance. Enjoy it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:19 PM 04-17-2019
Not like you guys had a healthy little history in the RR as far as I could tell.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:24 PM 04-17-2019
He's just jelly because Rabble saves all his good lovin' for me.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 07:30 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Steven Nelson played better under Bob Sutton than he will ever play again in his NFL career. Full stop.

This idea that Sutton harmed Nelson's potential is ludicrous. Sutton was left on the left side of the formation where he could focus on specific route combinations and not have to worry about shadowing premier guys or get stuck into tougher matchups opposite of Scandrick.

It is BECAUSE of Bob Sutton that Steven Nelson got paid. And in a system that demands more of him, he'll be overexposed.

In many ways this defense suffered to the benefit of Steven Nelson.
Actually, I don’t think it’s ludicrous at all. When your defensive scheme is fully understood by opponents, it puts ALL of your players at a disadvantage.....and, I think our players knew it!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:32 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not like you guys had a healthy little history in the RR as far as I could tell.
As far as I know rabble seems to be doing quite a bit better these days, which is great. I know the joke was in poor taste, but it's CP. Whaddaya want from me.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up