ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:04 PM 04-07-2021
I look at our current corners. Sneed, Ward, Fenton, Keyes. I would rather have every single one of them than have Nelson on a vet minimum contract. I can't believe that he's lasted in the league this long.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:10 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I look at our current corners. Sneed, Ward, Fenton, Keyes. I would rather have every single one of them than have Nelson on a vet minimum contract. I can't believe that he's lasted in the league this long.
Steven Nelson is what taught me that PFF is a bunch of idiots.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:12 PM 04-07-2021
Nelson_island :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:16 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Keyes has shown absolutely nothing.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:20 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Keyes has shown absolutely nothing.
Can he turn his head and look for the ball?

If so, then he's already an improvement over Steven "No Swivel" Nelson.

That's why I laugh when Nelson throws shade at Sutton and the Chiefs organization as a whole, because it's just sour grapes from him.

Nelson was CONSTANTLY getting beat WHILE IN POSITION to make a play on the ball. That's directly on Nelson, not Sutton, or anyone else.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:20 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Steven Nelson is what taught me that PFF is a bunch of idiots.
^^ THIS!
THEM AND HIM BOTH!
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:20 PM 04-07-2021
Only favorable play that I can recall.

https://youtu.be/VaFPFCAM-qs
[Reply]
lcarus 12:30 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
That would be a good off-season thread.
Yes it would. Most despised ex-Chiefs.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:52 PM 04-07-2021
Most despised current Chief would probably be Marcus Peters or Kareem Hunt.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Most despised current Chief would probably be Marcus Peters or Kareem Hunt.
Nah.

Nelson for sure. Marcus Peters nor Kareem Hunt didn't suck ass for years, take passive aggressive shots at the fans and then shit on the franchise on the way out.

Nelson has always had a bitch-ass attitude. Kareem Hunt loved the Chiefs and Marcus Peters at least backed it up on the field for the most part.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:10 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Redbled:
He would likely be on the top 5 list of most despised Chiefs ever if we made one.
As long as Scandrick is on that list. I still can't forget him blaming Mahomes and the offense for losing the 2018 AFCCG.
[Reply]
Spott 02:46 PM 04-07-2021
I don’t even remember Nelson playing much when he was here. Seems like his biggest plays were all dropped interceptions because he had worse hands than Demetrius Harris.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:53 PM 04-07-2021
Steven Nelson never saw a football he didn't intercept.

Of course, he never saw a football. Ever.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:12 PM 04-07-2021
Burned by Phillip Dorsette. Hard pass.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:27 PM 04-07-2021
I forgot about him. Seriously.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up