ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Steven Nelson calls out Chiefs and Bob Sutton
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:49 AM 04-17-2019

Former Chiefs CB Steven Nelson, now with Steelers, says he felt 'shaded' by Chiefs fans, KC's predictable scheme puts players in tough spot. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League." https://t.co/NpGrWm2QBX

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) April 17, 2019

"I kind of felt like I was shaded," Nelson said about his time there. "I just felt like it was a slap in the face. A lot of people didn't really know what was going on there. A lot of players took the heat."

"You're a target to other teams, referees, fans. It's just not a good thing," Nelson said. "You have to switch it up. It's the National Football League. These offenses are smart. If you switch it up like these other offenses are doing, you can make plays."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:50 AM 04-17-2019
He sucked
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:50 AM 04-17-2019
He must have not gotten the memo that the fans hated Sutton also.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:50 AM 04-17-2019
He's not wrong lol
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:51 AM 04-17-2019
maybe dont grab and turn your head
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:52 AM 04-17-2019
That's pretty much the most predictable response in football history.

Guy's had a massive chip on his shoulder his entire career. Was there any doubt that he'd throw shade this way when he left? Including some shots at the fans? He had no problem tossing veiled barbs at fans/coaches while he was HERE so of course he is gonna do so after he's gone.

Nelson was a fine player when he was cheap. Now he's not and it was time to move on. Whatever - go be a bristling asshole somewhere else.
[Reply]
TLO 08:56 AM 04-17-2019
Maybe if he'd learn to turn his head he'd be better off.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:58 AM 04-17-2019
He dead right. Even though we cut our pass rush we will be better all around. Spags has a much better staff. Game planning will be much better. Many times it looked like we had no plan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He dead right. Even though we cut our pass rush we will be better all around. Spags has a much better staff. Game planning will be much better. Many times it looked like we had no plan.
Sure he is.

But you know what? That coordinator gave you your shot. That coordinator is the reason you were a starting NFL cornerback and he put you on an island and let you succeed or fail.

Steven Nelson is a very wealthy man in no small part because of Bob Sutton. And he'll almost certainly play worse in Pittsburgh than he played in '18 and '16 here in Kansas City.

Dude - you got paid. You're starting for a marquis NFL franchise. Fucking quit your bitching about your former employer and go play football. It's just a ridiculously petty thing to do from a guy who's shown that streak his whole career.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:06 AM 04-17-2019
Congrats, Nelson. Playing in a scheme that is less demanding of cornerbacks is probably the right situation for you.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:08 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure he is.

But you know what? That coordinator gave you your shot. That coordinator is the reason you were a starting NFL cornerback and he put you on an island and let you succeed or fail.

Steven Nelson is a very wealthy man in no small part because of Bob Sutton. And he'll almost certainly play worse in Pittsburgh than he played in '18 and '16 here in Kansas City.

Dude - you got paid. You're starting for a marquis NFL franchise. Fucking quit your bitching about your former employer and go play football. It's just a ridiculously petty thing to do from a guy who's shown that streak his whole career.
This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

You can tell this dude reads ALL the comments on his social media posts.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:09 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
marquis NFL franchise
That is one damned delightful typo!!

Like a fresh cup of coffee at the Double-R Diner.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:10 AM 04-17-2019
Oooooor....Maybe you're made of glass and about half shitty?

I'm fine being the prototype of the fan that never liked nelson.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:12 AM 04-17-2019
Nelson is perfect for the whiney little bitch Steelers. Hard to believe they gave him that big of a contract. I hope they love all the P I calls he will be getting.

I really can't stand players like this. Instead of saying he learned a lot and appreciates the opportunity to play here, he predictable blames coaches and fans for his poor performance. Glad he is gone.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This.

Had a convo about Mayfield the other day and I think it fits here too. At what point does a “chip on your shoulder” just reek of insecurity?

You can tell this dude reads ALL the comments on his social media posts.
Brady still has a chip on his shoulder. Kobe always did, etc.

Not that Mayfield will ever be on that level, but whatever a guy has to do to get his head right and be motivated is kind of his own thing.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 18
1 234511 > Last »
Up